Yoona

Monsters

 

    Jessica wasn’t too keen on talking to the other team, especially Sunny and Yoona, considering how their last conversation went. She decided she would be able to get enough information with Seohyun’s search and was going to head out without Yoona, regardless of what the commander ordered her to do. Thus, when she saw Yoona at the entrance of the lobby, she grumbled to herself.

    “Thought you could leave without me?” asked Yoona, quickly keeping pace after Jessica, who was trying to walk right past her.

    Jessica stopped, knowing Yoona was going to keep following her and if she was, Jessica was going to lay down a few ground rules beforehand.

    “Look,” she said, taking of her sunglasses so Yoona could look her right in the eye. “If you’re going to be on this assignment, I need to know you’re going to follow my orders. I don’t know what you or Sunny have in mind nor do I care. I’m going to find and take down these werewolves.”

    Yoona grinned.

    “I’ll be honest with you, Jessica,” she started. “I’ll do everything to help you find those werewolves, but I’m also going to do everything in my power to stop you from killing them.”

    “Of course you are,” Jessica groaned. “I’m going to take you off this assignment the moment we come back with or without the commander’s approval.”

    “Good luck with that,” said Yoona as she smirked. “If you think Taeyeon and Sunny are stubborn, you’ve got another thing coming.”

    “Whatever, let’s go,” growled Jessica, unwillingly.

    The apartment buildings were located in the centre of the city. Jessica put on her aviators and started walking away from headquarters. Since they were out in the streets, she wore a black flannel shirt over a pair of black leather pants. Yoona, on the other hand, wore a white sleeveless top tucked into her army green fitted trousers.

    “Why are you even letting me come with you if you don’t trust me?” asked Yoona, as they walked the streets of the city.

    “I need to know what happened last night. More importantly, any physical features that might make our search a lot easier.” explained Jessica.

    “Ah, that makes a lot of sense,” realized Yoona. “Should I assume you have some kind of contingency plan? Ya know, to ‘deal’ with me when you have what you need.”

    Jessica raised her eyebrow at Yoona.

    “Do you think this is some kind of game?”

    Yoona shrugged.

    “Are you gonna tell me or not?” Jessica persisted.

    “Depends, are we going to the police station to demand the full report on our victim?”

    “You do think this is a game, don’t you?”

    Yoona shrugged again.

    “Fine. Let’s just get it over and done with.”

 

    They entered the police station without much warning and walked past all the cops on duty, who stared in confusion as two women, without any authority, walked by them. When they reached the captain’s office, the secretary only had to look at Yoona to know they needn’t be stopped. Instead, the secretary let the captain know he had company through the telecom.

As they opened the door, they kept their badges in front of them. The captain looked up and merely sighed.

    “What do you people want?” he said, exasperated.

    “Hello to you too, Captain Lee,” greeted Yoona, as she playfully saluted the captain. “There was a body found yesterday with claw marks. He was also reported missing a few weeks ago. We want the full report and anything related to it,” demanded Yoona.

    The man sighed and leaned over to his telecom to tell his secretary to receive the case files.

    “Anything else?” he asked.

    “Nope!” Yoona cheerfully responded, moving towards the couch in his office to take a seat while they waited. Jessica followed suit.

    “What do you need the files for?”

    “Ah, Ah, Ah,” Yoona said, waving her finger at him. “You know I can’t tell you.”

    “I gotta try,” he said with a shrug and a charming grin. He leaned back on his chair and continued, “the mystery is killing me. You work for some unnamed organization and I’m ordered to just give everything to you just cause you have a special badge? What if you stole that badge?”

    “If someone stole this badge, they wouldn’t even know to come and ask. People don't know the organization exists.” 

    “Can’t you give me a clue?” the persistent captain said. “A tiny little clue?”

    “No,” responded Jessica in annoyance as she was preoccupied with her phone. Why couldn’t people just sit quietly and wait?

    “Whose this?” the captain asked. “Where’s Sunny?”

    “New partner,” Yoona said before adding with a mischievous grin, “for now.”

    At that moment, the secretary entered and Jessica gave her a glare that was meant for Yoona. The secretary was startled when she saw Jessica and froze in her spot.

    “You can pass it to Yoona,” the captain instructed.

    Yoona elbowed Jessica for scaring the poor girl before standing up to take the files from the secretary.

    “Yes, she does bite” Yoona said to the secretary. She turned to thank the captain with a smile before leaving the office with an unhappy Jessica behind her.

 

    “Where to now?” Yoona asked when they were back on the streets.

    “I’m going to go talk to a friend,” Jessica answered. “But before I go there, I need you to tell me about the werewolves.”

    “A deal was a deal,” said Yoona. “I suppose the important details you need to know is the black fur and and injury to the hind legs. So the werewolf should, at the least, have a limp on his right leg. We also managed to cause damage to the head, but we’re not sure if it’ll be visible. The other werewolf had a few scratches, but he’ll probably be able to cover it with clothes.”

    “Perfect,” Jessica whispered to herself as she took her phone out. “Seohyun! Can you give me any names that went to the hospital in the past 12 hours for a leg or head injury?…. Hold on.” Jessica reached in her coat to pull out a notebook before telling Seohyun to continue. “Okay… got it. You ran your search so we can locate the individuals, right?… Is it possible to organize them based on names and attach video surveillance they appear in from the past 12 hours?… Okay great. When the search finishes, can you collect all the individuals with black hair into one place?… Great. Thanks.”

    “What was that?” Yoona inquired when Jessica hung up her phone.

    It was Jessica’s turn to grin.

    “Don’t worry about it,” she said, still smiling. “You’re dismissed.”

    “Wait, what?” asked a bewildered and upset Yoona.

    “You’re dismissed. You can leave. And thanks for the info.”

    As soon as Jessica said her last words to Yoona, she bolted into the bar they had walked in front of. She rushed past the tables and out the back door, dropping chairs as she ran through. In the back alley she found a car parked there, waiting for her. She dove in the passenger seat as the driver of the car started the engine. Yoona barged through the back doors of the bar a little too late.

    “There’s your contingency plan!” Jessica shouted as the car entered the streets.