Rough Night

The Prince and the Pauper

"Hi, can I have..." he stopped, instantly recognising the nervous looking man in front of him. Ryeowook opened and closed his mouth a couple of times, debating in his mind whether to speak or not and if so; what to say. 

"It's you! Clumsy waiter!" Kyuhyun laughed. Ryeowook covered his face with his hands in embarrassment. 

"I'm joking, I'm joking," Kyuhyun snorted. 

"That night," Ryeowook began, removing his hands from his face and fiddling with them in front of him, staring down at them rather than making eye contact with Kyuhyun.

"I didn't say thank you properly for offering to help, so thank you," he continued, bowing. Kyuhyun smiled down at him. 

"Ah it's fine. But why didn't you accept my help?" he asked. Ryeowook shuffled slightly. 

"Uh, I was a little embarrassed," he admitted. 

"I suppose you did just fall over and drop our food every where so I don't blame you," Kyuhyun teased, making Ryeowook cringe at the memory. The two stood in awkward silence for at least 10 seconds, Ryeowook glaring at the floor and Kyuhyun watching him intensely

"Oh the coffee order!" Kyuhyun remembered, racking his brain for the order list. 

"Ah, yeah," Ryeowook agreed. 

"Latte, espresso, cafe au lait, macchiato, americano, flat white...oh, another latte, cappuccino, and...ah what was the other one?" he looked to the ceiling, mouth open slightly, Ryeowook looked up from the till expectantly. 

"Caffe mocha!" he smiled, proud of his amazing memory. 

"How did you remember all that?" Ryeowook gaped, Kyuhyun shrugged proudly. 

"I'm a business man, I need a good memory. But don't you have a good memory too? You're a barista, you're the one who remembers how to make all of these," he pointed out. Ryeowook cringed at the word 'barista'. 

It wasn't that he was ashamed of his job, but coming from a business man's mouth it was somewhat degrading. 

"No, that's months of training and years of experience," he insisted, Kyuhyun nodded. 

"But still, I couldn't do it, so I respect your skills" he admitted. Ryeowook blushed slightly, not sure whether he felt honoured or not that a man holding such a prestigious job title had paid him respect for what he did for a living. 

"Well, I, thank you," he replied nervously. 

"Your order will be ready over there in a minute," Ryeowook pointed to station three. 

"Thank you," Kyuhyun smiled, "I'm sure we'll see each other again soon." 

"You think?" Ryeowook asked, not entirely sure what he meant by that. 

"Well we've already crossed paths twice, who says it won't happen a third time?" Kyuhyun grinned, putting the company credit card in the card machine and tapping in the pin without even checking the price first. Ryeowook laughed nervously, scratching the back of his neck. 

"Uh, next please!" he called, peering over Kyuhyun's shoulder at the customer waiting behind him. Kyuhyun took the card out and smirked at him before walking off to wait for the coffee, utterly amused at Ryeowook's mannerisms.

After only a matter of seconds, a cardboard cup holder tray full off coffee appeared in front of him. 

"Thank you," he said politely, picking it up in both hands and carrying it out of the shop, glancing at Ryeowook before he left. 

"The coffee is here!" he called happily, entering the office and letting everyone come over and find their orders, being left with his own order and taking it to his desk. 

"You're in a chipper mood," a co worker muttered suspiciously. 

"Why so suspicious?" Kyuhyun asked, hearing every drop of suspicion in her voice. 

"No reason," she shrugged. 

"Are you saying I'm usually grumpy?" he teased, smirking at her. 

"Yes," almost everyone else in the office chorused in sync. Kyuhyun laughed. 

"Well I'm just in a good mood today, I do have a happy side you know?" he retorted. 

"You weren't like this before you got the coffee," his manager pointed out. Kyuhyun coughed awkwardly before sipping his coffee and glueing his eyes to his computer screen. 

"The fresh air did me good!" he proclaimed, earning weird looks from his co workers who knew full well Kyuhyun wasn't one of those kind of people. He wasn't one of those 'I enjoy long walks on the beach' people and he definitely didn't use fresh air to clear his head. Kyuhyun had his own way of dealing with stress, and it definitely wasn't anything to do with fresh air. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ryeowook sat in the pojangmacha, the outdoor drinking tent. Bella sat by his chair patiently, tired out from their long walk together. 

Ryeowook knew he had to cut down on drinking, but sitting down with a bottle of soju in front of him was his stress relief and that's just how it was at the moment. He couldn't stop now, not until his life got easier. That was his justification for his habits. 

He felt like the main character of a drama when he sat in the tent drinking, and he knew it was bad- full well. 

With another shot of soju he shivered slightly at the taste, slamming the shot glass back down on the table. 

"Bella, I'm sorry," he slurred, the dalmation's head. 

"We'll go home soon, okay?" Bella continued to sit by her owner patiently, completely nonchalant to what was going on. 

"Ugh," he groaned, taking another shot before letting his head fall to the table. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And there was the frustration again. 

It was 9:00 and he was still in the office, typical. 

Kyuhyun stood up angrily, boiling with frustration. He walked over to the big windows of the office and looked out over the view. 

He hated late nights at the office, he should be finished by now. Most people have finished work by now and are at home or out socialising. He looked around the streets with jealousy, watching all the people on their way home, or doing late night shopping or sitting in a pojangmacha drinking. 

For once he just wished that it could be him. Why was it never him? 

"Hold up," he muttered, squinting at the tent not to far from the office. He leaned in closer to the window, wishing he had better eyesight in that moment. He chuckled to himself when he recognised the drunk man sitting in the tent drinking alone. 

"I suppose I could finish this work tomorrow..." he pondered, running to his computer and pressing send on an email, not bothering to proof-read like he was about to. He was smart, he surely didn't make any mistakes on it. 

Kyuhyun jogged out of the office, whipping his coat and of the hook on his way past, putting his coat on in the elevator. 

When it finally reached the bottom, he speed walked out of the building and headed to the tent, going round the back of it in an attempt to make Ryeowook jump. He snuck in approached him from behind, he sidled up to him, tongue stuck out slightly in concentration. 

"Told you I'd see you again," he whispered behind him.

Ryeowook jolted slightly. 

"Oh," he said, swaying side to side. 

"You're pretty drunk, huh?" he jested, nudging Ryeowook slightly. 

"Mmm," Ryeowook hummed, swaying forwards, head aiming for the table. Kyuhyun reached his hand out quickly so Ryeowook's head was cushioned from hitting the cold, hard table again. 

"I think it's time for you to go home now," Kyuhyun laughed, pulling Ryeowook up by the arm and slinging his own arond his waist. Bella perked up at the movement and stood up. 

"Come on dog," Kyuhyun commanded, not knowing the name of Ryeowook's dog. 

"Where do you live?" he asked. Ryeowook mumbled something completely inaudible.

"You're too drunk to even tell me your address, wow..." he uttered, rolling his eyes at the very drunk man at his side. 

"I guess I have no choice then..." Kyuhyun guided Ryeowook in the other direction, back towards the office and down into the car park underground. Bella followed extremely obediently, despite the lack of a lead, probably sensing her owner's state. Kyuhyun groaned, heaving Ryeowook down a few steps, who limply let him.

With another groan, Kyuhyun pulled open his car door and shoved Ryeowook into the front seat. 

"Come on," he ushered to Bella, opening the back door for her and letting her jump in. 

"Just sit there okay?" he asked, "sit!" Bella sat down obediently, not seeming too distressed with the situation.

Kyuhyun went round the other side of the car to the driver's seat, getting in and starting the engine. 

"I can't believe I'm doing this," he shook his head, surprised at himself. He glanced to Ryeowook, who was slumped back into the seat, asleep with his mouth open. Kyuhyun put the car in gear and drove off out of the car park. 

"I don't even know your name, yet here I am helping get your drunk self to my house. Wow," he chuckled ironically to himself, surprised at his own actions. Kyuhyun wasn't the type to do this.

Sure he was nice, and he helped people when he needed, but he did not like harbouring people in his home, especially drunk people. He had stupidly opted for hosting staff one of the staff get togethers at his house one time, and he in no way enjoyed housing these drunk people in his tidy, clean home. 

But this time it was a dog too, wonderful.

As long as Ryeowook was no trouble, and the dog stayed put somewhere away from his nice carpets, he supposed it would be fine. 

"Now to get him out of the car," Kyuhyun huffed, pulling into his usual parking spot and getting out of the car. 

"Come on then," he breathed, opening the door and pulling Ryeowook up- who jolted awake slightly, mumbling something to himself. Kyuhyun held the drunk man up with one arm and pushed the door shut with the other before letting Bella out of the back seat and closing that door too. 

Kyuhyun dragged Ryeowook to the lift, heavily out of breath from getting him across the whole car park. Once finally in the lift he let Ryeowook slump against the wall as he pressed the button for the top floor and sighing with relief that he had got Ryeowook all the way back to his place. 

The two came out of the lift, and Kyuhyun tried to type in his passcode while still holding Ryeowook up by his side. Once he was finally in, he pulled Ryeowook into his house and quickly went to the sofa, dropping him down on it and sighing in relief. 

"Right, dog," he addressed Bella, "you can wait here on the wood floor but don't step onto my carpet," he warned as if Bella could understand him. 

Kyuhyun went to a cupboard and retrieved two blankets. He placed one on the floor and encouraged Bella to lie down on it. Tapping her slightly to push her onto the thick blanket. 

"You can sleep there," he informed her. 

He turned around and looked at Ryeowook, going over to him and draping the blanket over him. He crouched down next to the sofa and pulled the blanket up to Ryeowook's chin so he wouldn't get cold. 

"Sleep well..." he whispered. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ahhh sorry it's a bit late! I think I told some people I'd post this chapter yesterday, sorry haha >.<

But I hope you liked it! Yes, they have properly met, but they still don't know each other's names!!:O Next chapter, you'll have to see what happens next chapter when Ryeowook wakes up in the morning in Kyuhyun's house heheh xD

Thank you all for sooo many positive comments, it really makes me happy!