Just A Kiss

The Prince and the Pauper

"What are you-" Kyuhyun began before being kissed firmly on the lips by Ryeowook, who then slumped back into the sofa and closed his eyes. 

What just happened, did Ryeowook just...kiss him? Kyuhyun sat there in shock, not really sure what to say. 

"I-" he began. Ryeowook continued to lay on the sofa, eyes closed. He wasn't asleep, he just closed his eyes and pretended to be; so that he couldn't see Kyuhyun's reaction, and blame it on the drunkness in the morning. 

Kyuhyun looked down at Ryeowook's cute face, actually feeling somewhat...aroused? After debating with himself in his head, he leaned down and kissed Ryeowook back, beginning to pull away and let him sleep but being pulled back down into a kiss once again. 

"Wha-" Kyuhyun started, but his lips were already back on Ryeowook's and subconsciously moving with them in a passionate kiss. They made out deeply for at least 20 seconds before Ryeowook's head flopped to the side and the drunkness really made him fall asleep. 

Kyuhyun got up from the sofa and went to bed, the thoughts of the kiss circulating in his head. It was just a kiss, right? People all over the world kiss all the time, this was just another. 

So why did it feel so good? 

Kyuhyun had never believed in the feeling of 'fireworks' when you kiss, but what he discovered today was that he just hadn't felt it yet; until today. When they kissed he felt a spark, a feeling that he'd never felt before. As cliche as it may sound, he definitely felt something. 

It was just a kiss, though. It didn't mean anything, it couldn't, Kyuhyun was straight and Ryeowook was too, right? Or was it the fact that they were in denial about their uality? Maybe the kiss was an eye opener. 

No. Kyuhyun shook his head and turned over in bed, bringing his duvet with him and covering his head with it, trying to get some sleep and not think about Ryeowook. 

As much as he tried he just couldn't seem to shake the thoughts out of his head, the kiss had done so much to his mind, more than he thought a kiss could ever do. He'd only ever thought of Ryeowook as a friend, but now he was thinking about more than that; and he couldn't stop. 

After a long night of thinking, and then finally getting to sleep, Kyuhyun woke up early in the morning for work and sauntered into the lounge to wake Ryeowook up. 

"Wookie, hey, you have work," he shook the smaller man's shoulders lightly. 

Ryeowook groaned and mumbled something inaudible about alcohol before rolling on the side of the couch lazily. Kyuhyun instinctively reached down to support the fall and lowered him a bit slower onto the floor. 

"Too...tired," Ryeowook muttered, laying flat on the floor still, eyes firmly shut. 

Kyuhyun extended a hand, offering Ryeowook to grab it and pull himself up. After another tired, hungover sigh, he complied, letting himself be pulled up by Kyuhyun. 

"I'm too hungover to go to work," he complained. 

"Then you shouldn't have drank so much," Kyuhyun retorted, watching Ryeowook traipse to the bathroom, head hung low and arms dangling down. 

"You look like a gorilla," Kyuhyun commented, snickering at the sight. Ryeowook turned around and glared before continuing to walk to the bathroom while Kyuhyun went to the kitchen to fix up some breakfast. 

"Cereal?" he called towards the direction of the bathroom, hearing only a muffled groan from Ryeowook which he took as a yes, he wasn't about to cook anything so he had to take it as a yes. 

Kyuhyun prepared two bowls of cereal on the counter, and placed them on the coffee table in the lounge- awaiting Ryeowook's return. 

"You look a bit more...alive," Kyuhyun pointed out as Ryeowook walked back into the lounge, looking 10x more awake after probably splashing his face with cold water. 

"I didn't even realise how late it is, I need to eat this quickly and get home and change and get to work," he said, ignoring Kyuhyun's previous comment. 

"I'll take you home and you can run in and get changed, then I'll take you to work," Kyuhyun told him, eyes focused on the TV. 

"Really?" Ryeowook asked, turning round to look at Kyuhyun, who just nodded. 

Even though Ryeowook was very drunk the previous night, he remembered the kiss- he remembered it for sure- and he knew he wasn't going to forget it anytime soon. As much as he tried to divert his thoughts, the event kept playing in his mind; making him overthink it more and more. 

Kyuhyun on the other hand had gone past that stage and had managed to block it out. Which he figured was easier than confronting Ryeowook about it. He had so many questions, such as 'did it mean anything?' or 'was it just the alcohol?', but he refrained and pushed them to the back of his mind, praying that Ryeowook would be the one to bring it up first because he sure as hell wasn't going to. Of course another pressing question he had for himself, was 'am I gay?'

The questions in Ryeowook's head consisted more of 'why did I do that?' and 'do I actually feel that way about him?', and of course the same 'am I gay?'. 

The pair focused on the TV that was quietly playing the news as they ate their cereal and ignored the thoughts clouding their heads. Once both had finished, they got up and took their bowls to the kitchen and left them by the sink. 

Kyuhyun went and quickly changed into his work suit and brushed his teeth, before fixing up his hair and deciding he look decent enough to leave the house. 

"Come on Bella, let's get you home," Ryeowook ushered the dalmatian out of her new comfy bed, which may have just been the best thing she's ever had. 

"Well, thank you for letting me stay, are you sure you can drop me home and then to work?" Ryeowook asked as he lead Bella to the door. Kyuhyun leant against the wall, smiling down at Ryeowook. 

"Of course, it's fine. Hey about last night," he began, stopping when Ryeowook turned bright red and shied away. 

"I'm sorry," Ryeowook murmured, shuffling slightly while playing with his hands. 

"No- I liked it," Kyuhyun admitted. 

"Really?" Ryeowook perked up, looking him the eyes. 

"Somehow...yes," Kyuhyun blushed a little, turning his head slightly away to hide it. 

"I did too..." 

Bella barked at the pair, obviously having no idea what they were doing, just wandering why they weren't leaving yet. 

"Yes, we should go," Ryeowook laughed softly, leading Bella out of the door and to the elevator, followed by Kyuhyun. 

They stood in the elevator side by side, looking slightly awkward- not really sure what to do with themselves. Both men just looked straight ahead of them, Ryeowook occassionally looking down at Bella out of force of habit. 

When the elevator reached the ground floor, the trio stepped out and went to the car to drive to Ryeowook's house. 

The next half an hour or so simply consisted of Kyuhyun driving Ryeowook home where he ran in with Bella, got changed as quick as he could, which included almost tripping over the ankles of his jeans a few times when trying to get them on while running around the house. He said a quick goodbye to Bella before jogging back out of the house and into the car. 

Kyuhyun drove him to work with only some small talk here and there throughout the journey, neither of them daring to bring up the kiss again, yet both wishing the other would. 

"We're here," Kyuhyun pointed out as he pulled up outside the coffee shop. 

"Thank you for driving me here, and letting Bella and I stay last night. The dog bed and stuff is really sweet," Ryeowook thanked, still feeling touched by the gesture. 

"It's no problem, I'll see you soon, yeah?" Kyuhyun said, getting ready to drive off. 

"Yeah, text me," Ryeowook chorused as he got out of the car and shut the door, beginning to walk away.

Before Kyuhyun drove off, he rolled down the window and Ryeowook turned around when he heard it being opened.

"The kiss was cute!" Kyuhyun called cheekily, and then slamming down on the gas pedal and driving off, leaving Ryeowook standing outside the coffee shop blushing. 

Maybe it was cute? Was it? Ryeowook pondered it in his head. But, it was just a kiss...

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Helloooo, slightly shorter chapter seeing as last one was my longest so far, I just kinda needed a filler chapter that expressed the thoughts going through Kyu and Wook's heads right now, so here it is^-^