The Prince and the Pauper

The Prince and the Pauper

"Mmm," Kyuhyun stirred as he rolled over in bed, reaching for his alarm clock and turning it off. He pulled his sheets over his face and sunk down into the comfy nest. 

Exactly five minutes later he was disturbed by the same noise again. Kyuhyun whined as he frustratedly pushed the sheets away from him, kicking them to the bottom of the bed. His hand reached for the alarm clock once more and hit the off button. After that first snooze warning, Kyuhyun decided it was probably time to get up. 

Kyuhyun had big, brilliant eyes and warm brown hair, bangs styled slightly messily in a more modern bowl cut. He was an average height and had an average build. His best features were in his face, girls were head over heels for his eyes and the way he smiled softly. 

Kyuhyun was the son of a wealthy business man, and also worked in an office himself. A job that his father had made connections to help him get. The job was mundane; but it was high paid, and it meant he could continue living in this apartment. 

The apartment wasn't massive, as it was only a studio apartment for one person, but it was beautifully decorated. The expenses clearly derived from the contents of the apartment. Everything was so state-of-the-art contemporary, consisting of mainly black and white colours. And everything was tidy and clean, as Kyuhyun had maids come and clean the house while he was at work a few times a week. 

Kyuhyun opened the fridge side of his massive double doored fridge-freezer to retrieve the butter and place it on the island counter. He then went to the other end of the kitchen to retrieve the wholemeal bread from the bread bin, and the jam from the cupboard above. He put two pieces of bread in the toaster while he made coffee from a high tech looking coffee machine, selecting the required settings for a latte, and watching it pour neatly into a tall latte glass. The toast popped up and he pulled it out of the toaster quickly so not to burn himself and put the pieces on the island counter. 

After finishing preparing breakfast he took a seat on a big, white corner sofa. The plate of breakfast on his lap, and the coffee on the end table next to him. He reached for the TV remote conveniently next to him and turned it on, searching the menu for the HD comedy channel he watched every morning with breakfast, the channel was exclusive to his TV box. 

After eating breakfast and watching TV he dumped the used plate and latte glass by the dishwasher for the maids to clear up and went back to his bedroom area to get ready for the day. 

The same old routine occurred, the one he did every day apart from the weekends. He cleaned his teeth in the smallish but beautiful bathroom, mostly taken up by a stunning bath that had a shower head too. He then got dressed into one of his many suits, and chose a suitable tie, before styling his bowl cut styled hair somewhat neatly, bangs all in the right places. 

"Paperwork, laptop, charger, glasses," he mumbled as he organised the various items in his briefcase neatly. After deciding that he was ready to go, he put on his dapper looking peacoat and checked one last time in the mirror before leaving the apartment. Kyuhyun lived on the very top floor, which although provided him a jaw-dropping view of Seoul, was annoying when it came to standing in an elevator for a silly amount of time. When he finally made it to the ground floor, he walked down a small flight of stairs and into the garage underground. Kyuhyun got into his silver, posh car and the radio before backing out of his parking spot and leaving the car park to drive to another normal day at work. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Ah!" Ryeowook yelped as his dalmatian jumped onto the bed, a whole 45 minutes before his alarm was even due to go off. The big dog his owner's face fondly, before jumping back off the bed and retrieving it's lead and bringing it to Ryeowook. 

"You want to go for a walk, Bella?" Ryeowook giggled. Bella barked in response, sitting patiently with her lead in , tail wagging excitedly. 

"Ah seriously?," Ryeowook sighed, reading the time on the clock that said 6:15. 

"You're lucky I love you!" he exclaimed, turning his alarm off so it wouldn't go off at 7:00 before hopping out of bed. He opened one of the drawers in his small unit where he kept his clothes and pulled out whatever sweatpants and t-shirt he could find. 

Ryeowook was quite short for his age and had a small, skinny build. He had a sharp jawline and a small face. He was just all-round a small person, with a small frame that makes you want to cuddle him and protect him from the world. 

Once Ryeowook had thrown on his excuse for clothes, he secured Bella's lead and took her outside. After closing the door behind him, he stopped and shivered from the winter air. 

"It's so cold, are you sure you want to go for a walk right now? You know I take you out for a long walk in the evenings..." he muttered, teeth chattering. Bella pulled at the lead, dragging him further into the dark streets. Ryeowook scoffed as he was lead down the street by his own dog, letting her pull him where she wanted to go. 

"Okay I think I know where you're going, I'll take you to the field and then we're going home, okay?" he said sternly, as if Bella could understand him. She simply tugged harder, eager to get to their usual place.

The pair walked the short distance to the field near Ryeowook's house. Although it wasn't really a field, it was just a body of grass, a park. But it was big enough for Bella to run around, it was a perfect outlet for a dog. There were trees, bushes, and even a bench that Ryeowook could sit on. 

Ryeowook let Bella off the lead and dropped down on the bench, leaning back and closing his eyes tiredly. It was times like this when he just had to focus on all the pros of having a dog, rather than the cons like this. Bella was a very loyal, gentle, loving dog. It also meant that Ryeowook wasn't as lonely as he would be completely on his own.

Looking down at his watch and realising they'd been at the park for 10 minutes already, Ryeowook got up from the bench and called Bella over. 

"It's nearly 6:45 already Bella! I need to get ready for work!" he called. Bella obediently came running back to him, allowing him to put her lead back on and walk back home. 

"We'll go for a walk later like we always do, okay?" he assured her as the opened the door to his house and let her off her lead and run free into the house. He closed the door quickly behind him, glad to be back in the warmth. Or at least, as warm as he could get the house without a high electricity bill. 

Ryeowook went to his little kitchen which was connected to the living room and retrieved a box of cereal from a cupboard, and the milk from his small half fridge. After pouring the cereal in a bowl and coating it in milk, he grabbed a spoon from the drawer and took a seat on his two-seat sofa and the TV; settling on the news channel that popped up. It's not like he had many channels to choose from anyway. 

After eating breakfast, he put his empty bowl next to the sink to wash up later after dinner when there was more dishes. Ryeowook went back to his bedroom and dug out his black jeans and found his casual white shirt draped over his desk chair. He left one button undone on his shirt, and tucked it into his jeans. He brushed his teeth quickly before going back to the living room to say good bye to Bella. 

"I'll be back after work," he smiled, his companion fondly. 

He opened his backpack and checked over the few items in there, and then grabbed his phone from the sideboard and slipped it into the back pocket of his jeans. 

"Bus pass!" he reminded himself, running back into his bedroom and getting it from his desk, pushing away messy piles of paper to dig it out. After grabbing his coat from the hook by Ryeowook left the house and entered the cold, winter air once more and made his way to the bus stop to commute to his same old barista job at the small coffee shop. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

YO GUYYYS! 

So I have high hopes for this fic, I've changed my writing style a bit from my previous fics, I always use waaay too much dialogue so I'm trying to minimize it a tiny bit to make the story more...pictureable?? Realistic??

 All this chapter is- is an introduction. I thought it would be a clever idea to write the same morning routine passage for Kyuhyun and Ryeowook but clearly showing their difference in lifestyles, just to kick the story off. 

But I hope you liked it and I'll be back with the second chapter very soon. But not too soon, I always rush fics and they're no good, I'm actually gonna take some time with this one, ya know?