Chapter 10 ~ Feelings That Were Once Hidden

Back In Time

~Namjoo's POV~

"Gongju-mamaGoongnyeo Hayoung has arrived," announced the Head Goongneyo.

"Tell her to come in," I ordered.

The doors slid open and Hayoung cautiously walked in, as if she knew what I was going to command her to do.

"Come, sit."

"Why did you ask for me, my lady?" She asked.

I stared into her hazel eyes as I hesitated to open my mouth.

No. I have to do this.

"Ahem," I loosened my throat.

"Would you do anything for me?" I asked. It was a very stupid question, but I needed to know if I could trust this maid.

"Of course, my lady, anything," she replied as she bowed down.

"I need you to do a very important task for me," I paused. Hayoung waited patiently for me to continue.

"Spy on Eunji Ongju for me. Find out everything about her. Gather all the information you can get. She's being strange these days. She's not being like her usual self," I finally spat out.

"I understand, Gongju-mama"

"Also, make sure to check on General Chorong and Minhyuk as well. I have a feeling that they are somehow involved in whatever they must be doing," I could sense it. I was becoming evil; black-hearted. But I couldn't hold it in anymore. Why must she always be in the centre of everything? This time, I will overthrow her for sure.

*

*

*

~Eunji's POV~

"Ongju-mama, Gongju-mama is here," Bomi announced from the entrance.

Must she really come to accompany me at this very moment? I thought as I quickly wiped away my tears. The last thing I wanted was for her to find out that the man she was engaged with was the man that I secretly loved. It would make her feel helpless and useless if she realised, just like how I feel now.

The door slid open without even my consent, and Namjoo marched into the room.

"What brings you here, older sister?" I asked between sniffles.

"Just visiting my little sister," she said her usual answer.

"Have you been crying?" she asked with concern.

"C-crying? No. What are you talking about?" I exclaimed, trying to hide my visibly puffy eyes.

"Could it be.. because of the marriage?" she asked as if she was rubbing it in my face.

Silence began fill the candle-lit room.

"Don't tell me... Is Byun Baekhyun the masked man you were talking about? Is that why you were crying?"

~Namjoo's POV~

Suddenly, tears began to roll down her cheeks. Now it was evident that Baekhyun was the masked man.

That's right, little sister. Weep all you want. Because your cries will never be heard... This is what you get.. for stealing everything from me..

"I'm... so s...orry.." she managed to squeak out between her heavy breaths. It was as if she was hyperventilating.

"Yes. You should be," I stated with a cold tone.

"W-what?"

"I said, you should be sorry."