a game

I need you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji PoV

"Mum, I could feel myself getting closer to you already..." I smiled at an invisible force as I drifted off to sleep, hoping the next day would turn out as great as the first. But then when you always ask for something nice, would karma give it to you?
.

.

.

"Jinhwan oppa hang on! I need to take my textbook from my locker."

"Orh okay. You better hurry! The teacher will be coming soon. " Jinhwan smiled and disappeared into class.

I turned the numbers to my passcode, 0-0-0 and opened it. Then I was greeted by something hideous. Pages from my textbooks were torn or rather, shredded, making it looked like paper confetti. My numerous years full of notes was scribbled by a black marker. A pink sticky note was placed neatly on top of the messy pile.  I could read it clearly without taking it off.

"Go away you ."

It's message was loud and clear to me. I was hated for being together with iKon members. Great, now I've got new company. // Immature brats. Same as the ones in America. Erghh I should have stayed away from them. Didn't I already predict that this would happen when Bobby told me he's coming to my school? What's wrong with me?!// I mentally scolded myself for being blinded by the fact that things will turn out fine if I could go to my mum's school.

Taking another look at the destruction of my notes, something broke inside of me. Water welled up at the base of my eyes and with a blink, it wouldn't stop flowing. I used both hands to wipe them away before anyone could see. With a slightly determined will, I tried to search for evidence around my locker, even though I know that my efforts will be fruitless. But at least I've tried? I sniffed twice, my nose was getting runny.

I looked at the locker next to mine, it was Mina's. //maybe I could ask Mina what happened but honestly,... I doubt she knows anything.//

As if it was timed, Mina came out of the classroom. "Eunji! Why are you standing out here... omo why are you crying...what happened?!" Either it was just me getting too upset over what just happened or I could have sworn I heard something fake with her tone. I doubted the latter and believed in the first.

"I... I don't know." I was barely able to reply her without choking.

"Aish what are you going to do?" She said as she offered me a tissue.

I tried to thank her for it but mouthing it was the best I could do.

"Damn it, the teacher is already coming. Okay! I'll ask around and help you alright? Now go back inside before we get punishment points."

She pushed me into the class before I could say something, not like I could but if I can, I would have said something.
-------------------------------------
Behind Eunji's back, Mina was smiling at a group of girls who gave her a thumbs up. One of them pointed excitedly to a pink post it. Jinhwan saw and took note of it before his eyes fell onto Eunji.
-------------------------------------
I calmed myself down a little as Mina hurriedly pushed me. My legs gained mobility and some speed after she let go and rushed to her seat. Jinhwan saw my reddened eyes and stood up immediately.

"Yah what happened?"

"Haha... *sniff* nothing to worry about."

"What you mean nothing? You're crying!"

"And what gave it away? *sniff* I think I left my textbook at home... *sniff* Could I share yours with you?"

"Yeah... yeah sure," he didn't say anything anymore after that. Probably not wanting to pry any further for the fear that I may burst into tears again.

Throughout the whole lesson, I could feel impaling stares targeted towards me which made me feel even more uncomfortable. It made me feel like I was a pig ready for slaughter. I tried my best to ignore them that I completely forgot that I was in a class. Whatever words the teacher said, went in through one ear and out the other.
.
.
.
.
"I'll... leave your clothes...outside your door yah?" Hanbin shouted outside of my room, sounding a little uneasy.

I didn't have the energy to entertain him so I didn't reply. Instead I focused on the notes that I have to rewrite. About 5-6 hours straight later, my eyes started to loose focus, signaling that I was starting to get tired.

I peeked at the clock on my wall. It was already 10 plus. I've decided to take a short break. //Maybe I'll hang my clothes and after that... I'll go back to studying.//

I know it was a lame excuse to forget things by studying but it was the only thing that works to keep my mind off thing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter