I love you

The Virtual Lover

Chapter 3: I love you

The weekend quickly ended. Baekhyun was so excited to meet the giant at school. He planned to act like he knows nothing about Sandy talking to anyone. He felt really excited but at the same time nervous upon going the university.

Baekhyun was smiling at himself while walking as an autumn leaf fell right on his head. Three leaves were perfectly shaped. He took time to appreciate on how perfect the shape of the leaf was. He, once again, stopped on his tracks upon bumping onto a girl who was chased by her two friends. He smiled at the three girls as they play together. The small guy quickly sped up when he realized he is already late for his first class.

As he arrived his classroom, he already saw a glaring Kyungsoo and a sleeping giant. He took a deep breath as he started to just act normal and went to his seat.

“H-Hi, Soo.” Baekhyun gave the doe-eyed boy a nervous smile. Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes and focused on writing some random things on his notebook.

When Chanyeol realize that Baekhyun already arrived he quickly got up and greeted the shorter male.

“Hi, Baek! You won’t believe what happened last night!” Chanyeol said, excitement evident in his tone.

Baekhyun smiled internally. “W-what is it?”

“Your friend, Sandy, talked to me last night!”

“Really?! That girl…aish. Don’t mind her, I’ll take care of that kid.” Baekhyun lied.

“No! It’s totally fine. I…uh…actually wanna get to know her more.” Chanyeol said.

Baekhyun slowly felt the guilt eat him as he saw the sincerity in the taller male’s eyes. At that moment he really wanted to stop but a voice inside his head is telling him otherwise. “T-that’s good…just don’t get too close to her.”

“I actually want you to help me get closer to her…if that’s okay.” Chanyeol shyly said.

Baekhyun saw his best friend stiffened. He felt really guilty but he continued anyways. “I-I’ll…help you.”

“So, that means we’re really friends now?”

“Uh…yeah…” Baekhyun gave the giant a forced smile.

His first 2 subjects was done in no time and they were already dismissed. Baekhyun noticed that Chanyeol would really tag along with them and made a mental note to himself that he should really stop this as soon as possible.

“I’ll go meet Junmyeon. You two go ahead.” Kyungsoo said coldly as he walked away.

The two went at the cafeteria as they bought lunch together. While eating, Chanyeol was asking questions non-stop making Baekhyun think of every lie he could get.

At home, Baekhyun was turning into a Sandy Park as he talked to his classmate. They all became really close in no time. Baekhyun’s feelings went deeper through the months that passed. The two of them are even hearing rumors about them dating at the university but they didn’t care and ignored everyone who has the guts to ask them personally.

 Baekhyun and Chanyeol really did became close in couple of months. They even go out alone. They study alone. No one can even separate the two these days. They always eat together. Just to two of them. Not even Kyungsoo. And not even Sehun, who was Chanyeol’s bestfriend for a long time along with Jongin. Baekhyun knew that he is going to regret everything in the end but still he chose to continue talking to the giant as Sandy. He felt really guilty as Chanyeol was really pure hearted and an innocent guy. A guy…A FRIEND whose feelings are being played by him.

Whenever Chanyeol asks for more pictures, Baekhyun just gets one each time from the said profile of a random girl. And when the giant asks for a video chat, he always reasons out that Sandy’s mom was really strict and won’t allow video calling with someone she didn’t meet personally.

One night, Sandy and Chanyeol were talking about some random things…

Sandy: Oh my god! That was funny, Yeollie~

Chanyeol: Hahaha! I know! The guy looks so stupid in that video!

Sandy: I know! ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Chanyeol: Um… I was just wondering…what to do you think of me?

Sandy: I like you.

Chanyeol seemed taken aback when he didn’t reply for couple of minutes.

Sandy: I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to.

Baekhyun on the other hand, felt his world crumble when he got no reply. He slapped himself for confessing as he thought that he ruined his plan and was going to regret it for the rest of his life.

`Ka-Talk!

Baekhyun’s expression lit up when he saw that Chanyeol replied. He quickly opened his phone and was shocked at the message.

Chanyeol: I don’t know but…I think I love you.

Sandy: So…what does it mean?

Chanyeol: I think…it does mean we can date each other now?

Sandy: Sure. ^_^

Chanyeol: Mark this day. September 3, 2011. Sandy and I started dating! I love you.

Sandy: I love you too!

Sandy: I need to go to bed now, my mom said so.

Chanyeol: Aww. Well, I can’t question my mother-in-law. Goodnight! Sweet dreams~

Baekhyun felt his heart flutter as Chanyeol just called his mom mother-in-law.

Sandy: Goodnight, Yeol-kun.

The two went offline as they bid their farewells. Baekhyun perfectly knew that he can’t hide Sandy forever. The thought made him feel down but he regain his confidence back.

“I’ll make sure he’ll never know.” Baekhyun said to himself as he closed his eyes and allowed himself to be carried into the dream world.

-----

[A/N]

So thank you for all of you who checked this fic out and everyone who subscribed. This will be a short story as this was based on a true story. ^_^ v Not everything but the contents are highly based on a true story. I just edited some part and added more as part of the plot.

Til’ next time my saranghaneun (lovely) readers-deul~ <3 bbuing bbuing