First Meeting

The Virtual Lover

Chapter 1: First Meeting

Byun Baekhyun a 3rd year student at Seoul National University. He deemed himself as the unluckiest person in world when it comes to his life. His parents working abroad and is currently at the verge of divorcing. His grades are nearly flunking. Even his friends are causing him stress. It was never easy for Baekhyun to keep up on his daily life. Only the one keeping him sane was his bestfriend, Kyungsoo, who was on his side all the time.

When it comes to love, Baekhyun never liked the topic since he already has failed a lot of time. He considered it that way even though he didn’t even try. He just saw those times as a fail. A big one. But whenever he was liking someone, he becomes a different person. From a diva to a desperate looking stalker. He once had a crush on a guy named YunHo. A senior college student when he was just freshman. He got obsessed with the guy and stalked him as much as his time allows. But what happened in the end? Yunho graduated and he got nothing. After getting over the first one, Kyungsoo introduced him to a friend named Changmin, a junior student. He befriended the guy and they became close. Whenever Changmin came short of his money, Baekhyun was ALMOST always there to be his bank. Now that the junior student have graduated, they never talked since then. Many more followed the following school year but this year he decided to stop his delusions and decided that he should just focus on more important things.

It was already the 2nd week of the 2nd semester and school is giving him so much problems and stress more than he could handle. But there is this one thing he is holding onto. His urge to be free from his parents who are giving him such a harder time living. His mom was always denying that she was committing adultery when in fact it was so obvious. And of course, his dad has always been a drunkard making the two clash every single day. They were calling him almost every day and complaining about each other. He was tired from all of it but there’s nothing he can do. They still were his parents after all.

Baekhyun thought that he already knew every classmate he has on every subject because that’s one thing he was good of, remembering someone’s face. While waiting for their professor to come, a tall, baby faced boy came in the classroom shyly. He thought that the boy was a freshman and was definitely lost.

“I think the boy’s lost.” Baekhyun told Kyungsoo.

“I think so too.” Kyungsoo chuckled.

As the boy neared them, Baekhyun suddenly felt a thump in his heart. He, at that moment, was wishing that the boy was just a 3rd year student just like them and they were really classmates. He knew it, he found the guy attractive. He felt his body tensed as the said giant sat at the empty sit beside him.

“Mind if I sit here?” The giant asked Baekhyun, smiling.

Baekhyun was stunned at how deep the voice of the boy was contradicting his baby face. He cleared his mind and returned the smile. “Y-yes. Sure.” But he soon realized that the freshman was lost so he pointed it out.

“What? I’m not a freshman. I’m just the same year as you.” The giant said while laughing.

“R-really? How come I don’t see you at all?!” Baekhyun asked still surprised.

“Maybe we don’t bump to each other that much in the past.” The giant grinned making Baekhyun blush.

“W-what’s your name then?” Baekhyun asked.

“I’m Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol.” Chanyeol introduced himself.

Baekhyun felt like he aready heard the name somewhere. He then remembered that Chanyeol was the transfer student last year that his friends told him about. “Ooh! So you’re Park Chanyeol.”

“Yup. What about you?” Chanyeol asked.

“Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun.” He smiled.

The small guy thought that this Chanyeol was really cute and he swore to find every SNS account that the guy has and add him. He considered them friends now afterall.

The whole day went by and Baekhyun knew that he has 5 same classes with Chanyeol out of his 7 subjects this semester.

As Kyungsoo and Baekhyun headed out the main gate, Kyungsoo faced palmed and Baekhyun already knew why.

“Don’t worry, Soo. I won’t do anything stupid this time…I promise.” Baekhyun assured.

“I don’t trust you. You always repeat that line every time you’ll having new crushes. Aigoo. I can’t imagine what you’re going to do this time. That poor kid.” Kyungsoo sighed.

Baekhyun just laughed at the statement and they parted their ways as they both headed home. The image of Chanyeol never leaving the mind of Byun Baekhyun.

-----

[A/N]

I hope you like this first chapter. Thank you for subbing guys! Keep them coming :D