Chapter 2

Parallels
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene’s POV:

I never knew what I am but one thing I know for sure is that I am really powerful. Yes, I may sound very stuck-up when I say that but don’t doubt my words. I don’t think I am a people person because I have never once felt connection to any human. Jessica is my only friend and I do not have any other friends because I don’t trust people.

Jessica is a really powerful creature and she is actually a mix between a wolf and a dragon. Do not ever agitate her till she goes into her wild form because you would not want to know what happens when you touch the flames that surround her in that form.

Hearing some noises from down below, I turned to Jessica, “Finally some fun going on,” I stood up and looked towards the source of the noise, “These vampires are being annoying again”

“You know if you really want to have some fun you can go down and wipe them out. It won’t even take you a second.”

“Nah, I wouldn’t want to waste my energy on these tiny pricks”

But after thinking for two seconds, I am really bored. I think I should just go and have some fun with these newborns. Getting ready to just jump down the roof and dash towards the vampires, I heard the screeching of a car.

The Hunters.

They are not a powerful bunch but they are the ones who keep the peace in this world of humans. They get rid of all the vampires and werewolves causing trouble in the city. I hear footsteps very distinctly now even though I can say that they are very far away from me.

The ability and accuracy of my senses are out of this world. Literally.

 

Wanting to get some entertainment, I decided to just look at how these hunters handled the newborns. There were about five hunters and one girl really stood out to me. She immediately took out her gun and fired at a vampire. Her accuracy is really good.

They took a few minutes to clean up the mess and after that, the place looks perfectly normal just like how it was ten minutes ago before the newborns came. Hmm, that girl is quite skillful.

“That was quite interesting, at least it kept me entertained for a while.” I laughed while turning back to face Jessica.

“Yeah, I’m getting bored here can we go somewhere else”

“Alright alright you noisy thing!” I relented.

Jessica just smirked.

Turning back again, I saw the same girl that shot down the vampires. Usually hunters leave immediately after their missions because they don’t want the humans to see what they have been doing but what was she still doing down there? Right at this moment, she turned around and looked at me in the eyes.

Immediately, something stirred inside me and I knew immediately it was the beast inside me that I was trying to keep away for thousands of years. I don’t usually let it take over me because most of the time, I am powerful enough to take down my own enemies. It won’t take over me unless I am in a losing battle and I have to admit, it is way more powerful than me.

“SHE IS MINE” the beast roared.

I never felt this sensation before and honestly, it was scaring me so I turned away immediately an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter