Maomao

I'm an Animal

Jessica was enjoying the fresh air her front yard was giving. Around her are flowers on their full bloom announcing their beauty. But a stinging smell hit Jessica’s sharp nose when the wind suddenly blows. It is not a great scent for sure, something like… poop. In an animal-free house it is impossible to have a smell of around.  She wrinkled her nose and covered it to protect from another bad air.

 

She looked at the floor finding it with her eyes.  It is disgusting but she needs to know where it is. Five steps away from the fence, which is the only border from her new neighbor’s house, are where the bad scent from. That’s one of the reasons why she hates having pets, their wastes.

 

She fished out her phone then dialed someone who could help her. She is Jessica Jung and she is not picking poops. After few minutes the waste has been removed but there is still something bothering Jessica.

 

“Who could be the owner of that animal?” she gritted her teeth she won’t pass things easily.

 

She knocked once, twice, thrice until fifth time. She doesn’t have much patience so if this person won’t open their door within ten seconds, she will barge in and raid the house. She crossed her arms and already tapping her feet. Five more seconds…

 

“Yes?” a tall tanned lady appeared. She was wearing white tank top and short shorts. Her hair tied up and droplets of sweats trickling down to her neck.

 

Jessica froze for a moment. She bit her lips resisting the urge to wipe the girl’s sweat that drips on her body.

 

“What can I do for you Miss?” the girl said again

 

“Uh… yeah… w-what’s your name?” that supposed to be Jessica’s third question right after ‘do you have ing dog?’ and ‘do you know how to clean sh*ts right?’ but because of her sudden breakdown knowing the girl’s name became her priority.

 

The tall girl widened her eyes like she realized something important. She wiped her hands using the not-so-wet part of her tank top and showed it to Jessica.

 

“Kwon Yuri… I’m sorry I haven’t introduced myself yesterday. You know… to know my new neighbors…”

 

“Jessica Jung”

 

“Uh… do you want to come inside?”

 

“Sure” this is totally wrong, nothing’s right here. Jessica should go there and confront her ‘nice’ neighbor but it turned out knowing your ‘nice’ neighbor. Jessica was wondering how her body betrayed her. But… she liked the renovation of the house. It is not the same house she used to go to whenever she needs toolbox and not the same smell of the old couple and antique artifacts. Instead it is as sweet as vanilla scent and its interior, just wow.

 

“Wait a minute, I will change my clothes”

 

“Uh… no need… uhm… I mean I just want to ask you a question” she wanted to take her words back. She is not fine with this girl’s hot body because it melts her. It made her legs go jelly that can’t even hold her petite figure. Also, that pretty face made her heart pump out of its cage.

 

“So… what’s the problem Miss Jung?” and oh that voice. It is so angelic that it felt like she is in heaven, its altitude made her breathless.

 

“Are you by chance having dogs? I saw a, you know… waste at my front yard this morning and maybe… your dog might know something” Jessica messed with her words and that was so uncool.

 

Yuri chuckled “Yes I have dogs. But they are innocent they were at my brother’s house since this house is newly renovated they can’t be here. And they won’t be here for one more week, oh my poor babies”

 

The word ‘babies’ somehow made Jessica stiff. It sounds so nice in some reason for Jessica’s ear.

 

“Then I want to help you Ms. Jung. Can you give me your number?” Jessica nodded her head. Yuri got her phone and let Jessica type her number.

 

“I need to go. It is nice to meet you Ms. Kwon”

 

------------

 

“Yeah, she’s weird. I mean talking to yourself and sleeping with tongue stuck out, that’s creepy” Sooyoung playfully looked at Yuri while taking a bite at her sandwich.

 

Yuri glared to Sooyoung “Don’t look at me while saying that. I’m not the only one who has weird habits.”

 

They were taking their leisure time at Yuri’s new house. Sooyoung decided to spend her day with Yuri to have short rest from stressful work.

 

“So how are your neighbors? Have you already met them?” Sooyoung asked. Yuri froze at her place she forgot to introduce herself at her new neighbors then she remembered something.

 

“Jessica…”

 

“Aish… here we go again! You’re talking to yourself, mind to share?!”

 

“There’s a beautiful girl just next door, her name is Jessica” Yuri smiled and her eyes twinkled as she described the girl she just met the day before.

 

 “Ayyyiiieee~ this is exciting! Tell me more” Sooyoung finished her sandwich and went near to Yuri “Our Yuri~”

 

“Right! I will cook something for her” Yuri palmed Sooyoung’s face as she got up at the couch to head to her kitchen. Sooyoung pouted when Yuri ignored her question and just leave her but she then followed her friend. Yuri smiled widely while walking imagining that Jessica will like her if she’ll make food for her.

 

“You’re good at that, cooking for someone. So tell me about your beautiful girl” Sooyoung sat at one of the chairs as she waited to Yuri to speak. But the girl seems so immerse at picking the freshest ingredients she can use.

 

“I hope she would like cucumbers”

 

---------------------

 

“Alright! All set!!!” Yuri lifted the bowl of food dramatically. She made salad with different kind of vegetables since because she is a health freak and she thinks Jessica needs more nutrients. Sooyoung already left because she committed a crime at her friend and Yuri forced her to go out. But of course as best friends and buddies, it is just one of their playful moments.

 

Yuri stood in front of Jessica’s door in her hands is her specialty food. She put so much effort in it and she knew that Jessica is much worthy to taste that food. She pressed the doorbell and waited for a while.

 

The door was opened by the none other than Jessica who is as gorgeous as ever. She is like a fairy day and night. Yuri gawked at the girl in front of her.

 

“Hey, Yuri-ssi. Come inside first” Jessica gestured Yuri to come inside.

 

“This is for you” Yuri handed the bowl of vegetables at the girl.

 

“Perfect timing! Join me at the table if it is fine for you…”

 

“Of course!”

 

On their way, Yuri noticed that Jessica puts her contact information on her every important things or more like the things that can easily be forgotten just like her umbrella near the doorway. So while Jessica is busy on preparing the table, Yuri took the chance and take notes Jessica’s number.

 

“Yuri-ssi!” Jessica peeked from the kitchen to call Yuri. Luckily for the tan girl she is fast and Jessica didn’t caught her taking her contact number. Yuri stood up and walked to the kitchen following Jessica.

 

“I’m sorry I don’t usually cook and this salad you made saved me”

 

“So you are always ordering foods? I will cook foods for you every day if that is the case. You know how unhealthy those foods are! So starting today I will cook food for you” Yuri said with authority.

 

“But Yuri-ssi you don’t have to. I don’t want to bother you” Jessica said shyly, she blushed at Yuri’s suggestion well because it is fine for her to eat with Yuri every day.

 

“I insist and please don’t call me Yuri-ssi again, just Yuri so that I can call you MINE, I mean Sica” Yuri blushed immediately at what she just said.

 

“Okay, thank you Yuri” Jessica took a piece of leave that what she believed is a lettuce, what really are the ingredients of this food? Jessica started chewing the food. Then it struck her, if Yuri can cook food that taste like this then she would love to just join Yuri at her house so that she can once again taste this heaven.

 

“Hmmmmm~”

 

“You liked it?”

 

“Nope, I love it! What is your secret?!”

 

“CUCUMBER!!! But…”

 

Jessica dropped her fork. She picked a napkin and spit the food. Cucumber is like a taboo to her.

 

“Sica, are you fine?” Yuri went to Jessica and look if the girl is fine.

 

“Get out… and please bring that food with you… Yuri-ssi”

 

Yuri didn’t know what happened. But Jessica’s cold voice affect her so much.

 

“I-I’m sorry. I will go now” Yuri obeyed Jessica and silently leave the house.

 

Yuri didn’t touched the food after that she just stare at it. She still wondering what happened. It tasted very well before going to Jessica’s house so what went wrong? She wanted to say sorry and ask what the problem was. Then she remembered something important. She secretly get Jessica’s number.

 

She chose to just text her because Jessica will get madder if she called and knew that she sneakily get her phone number.

 

To: Gorgeous Sica

Good Evening Miss Gorgeous Sica, this is Kwon Yul who is living just next door. Well first of all I wanted to say sorry. I wanted to know why you hated my food, is it because of the cucumber? Well that’s what I want to say earlier, I didn’t put cucumber in it so I am surprised it is still tasted great. I am happy to meet you :)

 

Sent!

 

After sending the message, Yuri decided to take a shower first to cool down her mind. When she finished taking her shower she noticed that her phone is flashing. She picked and her Gorgeous Sica is calling her. She immediately answered it.

 

“H-hello?”

 

“Yuri-ssi? Uhm… can you bring food again tomorrow… then I will tell you what’s wrong with me… good night…”

 

Yuri didn’t get a chance to answer but she is smiling from ear to ear. She will now think of a food that is cucumber free.

 

Well in the end of the day she was very thankful of her best friend / buddy, Sooyoung. Because if Sooyoung didn’t eat the cucumbers then maybe Jessica will hate her forever.

 

“THANK YOU CHOI SOOYOUNG!!!”


 

...

 

Well, I decided to continue this and make it a collection. What I mean is I will put random one-shots in here, so please look forward for it. Sorry for lame chapters, ahahaha I hope you'll continue reading after this.

 

Kamsa~

 

Pls. comment juseyo~