Look Only At Pretty Things

I'm an Animal

It is a bright Saturday morning Tiffany took her Prince Fluffy for a walk in the park to have some exercise. Since Tiffany bought the little puppy, the girl became a hands-on mother for Prince. She is responsible for Prince’s food, Prince’s bath and even Prince’s waste. And in return, Prince became a loyal company for Tiffany. She was so close to her dog that her best friend, Sunny, is jealous. Whenever Sunny asked her to go to mall she always declined and reasoned anything but her dog, Tiffany knew that Sunny won’t buy her reasons if it is only her Prince Fluffy.

“Prince, don’t go there” Tiffany warned the puppy when it attempt to go to a bush. Even though Prince has tag and a dog rope, Tiffany won’t let the puppy leave her sight.

  “Ginger! Ginger! Bad boy, leaving umma here” Tiffany heard the mumbled and turned her head at the owner of the voice. It was a girl shorter than her but looked like same age as hers and has a short ash hair.

“Uhmmm… excuse me have you seen a black puppy wearing bee costume. I lost him and now I’m lost. He is my personal navigator because I’m not good at directions” the girl shyly said. But Tiffany doesn’t care she just turned her head away from her dog, what if in that simple turning her head may cost Prince’s precious life.

“I’m sorry I haven’t seen any dog except my puppy” she answered coldly and immediately looked to her perfectly fine puppy.

“Is that so…”

Tiffany is about to walk when the girl held her arm that caused her to halt. The white puppy’s owner rolled her eyes and annoyed was painted in her face when she once again changed her attention to the pleading girl.

“What!?” as she looked back, she saw a thing that is cuter than her puppy. Those puppy eyes of the girl hoping for some help is the cutest thing she saw, it is in the edge of tearing that perfectly mixed the unbelievable sight.  Tiffany might cry too if those tears will fall from her eyes so she faked a cough. The girl was shocked but she continued.

“I-I will give to you my number” Tiffany was surprised, is this girl with cute puppy eyes is just making a move to her?

“I mean if you, by chance, encounter my puppy you can contact me” Tiffany was biting her lips to suppress herself from saying any sudden words like ‘awww… don’t cry you look so cute’

Tiffany composed herself from her sudden breakdown and showed her palm to the girl.

“Fine, give me your phone” then she came back to her cold attitude. The girl gladly took out her phone and hand it to Tiffany. Tiffany typed the number flashed on the screen, she smiled a bit when she saw the contact’s picture it was the girl with her black puppy.

“Taeyeon… my name is Kim Taeyeon” Taeyeon said with her grin lined on her face

“Okay, I will update you Kim Taeyeon” then Tiffany left as she picked Prince on her arms, securing the puppy from getting away.

----------

Taeyeon watched the girl’s back as she walked away. At that moment she didn’t think her little Ginger and just want to stay with some more time with the stranger with the white puppy. She is watching how the girl pampered her little puppy. Taeyeon then remembered her puppy and the feeling of missing someone came back to her. Her panic mode triggered as she started to search again. While walking with her hopeless look, her phone rang. Taeyeon fished it out and look for the caller she was actually waiting for an unknown number because it might be the stranger but to her dismay it was her veterinarian friend, Yoona.

“Hey Yoong…”

“YAH UNNIE! YOUR DOG IS CRYING HERE! I can’t always check on her because she is not the only dog that needs attention here”

“Eh? Ginger is there?”

“Do you already forget? After the party you said Ginger might not feel well and tired so you bring him to me for a rest. And now as a doctor for animals, I can tell to you that he is perfectly fine”

“Really?” Taeyeon still can’t process what’s happening. So Ginger is not missing and she is just overreacting? What made her think that Ginger is missing?

“Aish… don’t tell me you saw a very attracting girl there in the park that you forgot that you actually left your dear Ginger here in my clinic?” which is true, Taeyeon thought.

“Uhmmm… of course not. What make you think that?” then Taeyeon is in her way to Yoona’s clinic, she entered her car since the park is quiet far.

“Let me tell you something. Do you remember when you buy Ginger at the pet shop? You left your phone on the dog food’s rack totally forgetting it and just stare to that black puppy. You tend to forget everything when you saw pretty things, that’s why I’m always have distance away from you”

“You’re not too pretty for me to forget everything. Gotta go, I’m driving right now” Taeyeon threw her phone at the passenger’s seat and drove to Yoona’s clinic. She must go there immediately, her dog is crying and she needs to comfort him.

 

Taeyeon reached Yoona’s clinic and was shocked when she entered the checkup room. Yoona has a patient, a small white Maltese puppy and what surprised her most is Tiffany is in the opposite seat watching Yoong checked the puppy.

“Hey Taeyeon, well as you can see I have patient here so just wait for me upstairs”

“A-alright” Taeyeon awkwardly closed the door and walked to the stairs. The second floor looked like a simple bungalow house and has complete furniture sets. Her black puppy wearing a bee costume was lying on the couch maybe too tired from crying. She approached her dog slowly and sat beside him; she picked him and placed it on her lap caressing his little body.

“I’m sorry I forgot you a while ago, umma was distracted when she saw the prettiest woman. Starting today I should stick a picture of you at my wallet or set you as my wallpaper because I might forget you when I got that girl and I’m pretty sure that that will happen very soon.” Taeyeon found it so weird but talking to pets is somewhat gives comfort for the owner. If her Ginger can talk maybe he tells everything to Yoona especially the weird things and this nonsense confession of hers will be laughed out if the choding heard it.

As a response, the dog snuggled closer to Taeyeon. She smiled maybe the dog understood her. Taeyeon changed Ginger’s costume that must be so uncomfortable for the dog. The bee costume, that barely covered Ginger’s , was totally taken off then Taeyeon continued caressing the puppy.

“Hey” the door opened and Yoona’s head appeared at the gap of the doors.

“I’m sorry I interrupt your checkup session” Taeyeon apologized as Yoona sat beside her.

“No it was my fault I haven’t remind you before coming here. So… hehehe he looks so tired” Yoona ran her hands to Ginger joining Taeyeon.

“What is her name?”

“Huh?”

“The owner of that white little puppy”

“Ohhhh… I think I know what you’re thinking” the younger girl teased Taeyeon with a smug smile.

“What?”

“Is Miss Hwang your type? She’s beautiful”

“Deng! I’m thinking about butts. Miss Hwang it is?”

“Taeng! Seriously! Can we talk with some sense?” Yoona started to get annoyed.

But somehow she was happy knowing that her friend, a house fairy, finally know who she likes, that was Tiffany. She asked Taeyeon multiple times for a blind date but the girl doesn’t want it. Taeyeon said that “love is something that our eyes can see, our body can feel and our mind can know. And it will come at a certain time that no one knows when. So I will not come to that blind date because I’m busy” At some point it meant like nonsense, but Yoona can feel Taeyeon’s uncertainty about herself that she is not too confident to face other people and worst is to easily fall for them.

“I met her at the park earlier while walking her dog…”

“Ahh… that’s why you forget Ginger? You liked her?”

“Aish… do you need to bring that up? I already apologize to Ginger”

“She’s my regular patient, I will call you when they have schedule”

“Alright! Thank you~” Taeyeon hugged Yoona so tight.

“Yah! Get off me”

“Seohyun is not here, don’t worry” Yoona could only sighed at her friend.

-----------

 

Later that night Taeyeon is all prepared for bed and her dog too. After cleaning for bed, her phone at the table rang meaning she received a new message.

Fr: Unknown Number

Hey Taeyeon, it’s me Tiffany the girl you met at the park with a white puppy you remember? I think I found your dog so let’s meet tomorrow?

Taeyeon was confused and happy at the same time. Ginger is beside her ready to sleep so how come Tiffany…

She smiled and replied

Let’s meet tomorrow at a bakeshop in front of Animal Club


Hey! It's TaeNy

Sorry for the long wait

I hope you liked this chapter

This story is so mysterious... no one can tell, even myself. So I have no idea how to finish this whole fiction.

Sorry for errors

Annyeong~