Mianhae

Mansae!

At  breakfast the next morning, one of the house guards entered the house and told her that a young man was outside and insisted on seeing Mi Yeon. She rolled her eyes, knowing very well that is was Seung Cheol. 

"Should I take care of it?" Won Woo asked from across the table.  

Mi Yeon nodded and Won Woo left the room.  

*Outside* 

"Seung Cheol?" Won Woo asked when he approached the teen.  

"Yeah, what's it to you?" Seung Cheol replied. He was sweating from the constant fight against the guards to get into the compound. His face was red with frustration mixed with the morning Summer heat.  

"Mi Yeon does not wish to be interrupted this morning, so could you please leave?" 

Seung Cheol scoffed. "I thought you were just a Driver. What are you doing playing her personal bodyguard?" 

"I am whatever Mi Yeon needs me to be." 

Seung Cheol nodded, smirking. "Does that mean you'll remain by her side?" 

"For as long as she needs me, and then a little longer," Won Woo teased. 

Seung Cheol rushed up to him and grabbed him by the collar. "Don’t you dare get near her." 

Won Woo chuckled and pushed Seung Cheol away roughly. "It cant be helped if Mi Yeon wants me to." 

"Yah! You bastard!" Seung Cheol threw a punch towards Won Woo's head, who easily dodged it. 

"Stop it already!" Mi Yeon appeared by the gates, flustered. She pulled Won Woo aside and told him to calm down.  

Seung Cheol watched as she kept her hand on his arm. "Mi Yeon-ah, I came to apologize for last night. I was-". 

Mi Yeon cut him off. "I don’t want to hear it. People speak the truth when they are intoxicated." 

"You can't possibly think that I meant what I said about Tae Hyun." 

Mi Yeon scoffed at him. "I can't? Then what else am I supposed to think? You blamed me when you first met me, so what's different now?" 

"It's just been hard on me and I needed to blame someone and I was upset that you had been avoiding me and-". 

"Stop," Mi Yeon commanded, holding up her hand to silence him. "You should go." 

"Mi Yeon-ah, please." 

"You have no right to think that it's been harder on you than it has been on me. I never blamed you, yet you won't stop blaming me. My brother is gone and keeping you around doesn’t help me in any way." 

"Mi Yeon-ah." 

Mi Yeon looked at the guards and nodded. They got the message and proceeded to remove Seung Cheol by force. They stood on either side of him and pulled him away from the compound.   

Not wanting to look at him, Mi Yeon turned back towards the house and let the guards close the gates behind her. Won Woo followed close behind. 

"Are you okay?" He asked once she had returned to her seat at the dining table.  

Mi Yeon nodded, but made no attempt to continue her meal. Instead, she looked at Won Woo across the table. "Did you mean it when you said you'd stay by my side as long as I needed you to?" 

"Of course." Won Woo smiled at her and poured her a glass of juice.  

"I think my brother would've liked you." 

"You think he'd approve of me?" 

That caused Mi Yeon to blush. "As a Driver?" She had to ask. 

"That too. But I meant if he'd approve of me as the one to stay by your side; the one to care for and about you, the one who looks only at you." 

Mi Yeon's eyes widened by how blunt he was being. She had no idea that he felt that way. Sure, she felt like something was forming, but she thought that was due to the loneliness she constantly felt. Now, hearing his words, her heart fluttered and turned into an automatic smile.  

"I don’t see why not."