7 guys

Fate

The guy hugs Papa and Mama Wang tight.

“Well, hello to you too. How have you been, son?” Papa Wang rubbed the guy’s back.

“I’m doing just fine. I thought you will be coming next week?” The guy said, his smile still hasn’t faded from his face.

The other guys, which are 6 of them, bow and hug Papa and Mama Wang one by one. While they’re chatting, I stood behind the door silently, still trying to absorb what just happened. *Mama? Papa? Son? What?* I was in my deep thought, not realizing that the door was opened, revealing the clueless me.

Mama Wang walks towards me, taking my hand, leading me inside the room, to the front of the boys.

“Jackson, boys, this is Ren. Ren, this is your brother, Ka Yee and his friends, Got7.” Mama Wang introduces me to the guys.

I blinked while looking at the guy and back to my parents a few times. Mama said his name is Ka Yee but why did she call him Jackson? This guy, he does look like them. Why didn’t I think of this?

“So, we’re going to leave you guys and your new sister to get to know each other. Bye, Ren. Bye, boys.” They said, heading towards the door before I even get to catch their arms.

I stood there frozen, looking at the door. I just arrived here. I don’t even know them and they don’t know me either. Why did they leave me here? I’m scared T.T

I look back at them. I smile nervously at them and they smile back. There’s a moment of silence before a guy with slicked back, black hair broke it. Unfortunately, he was talking Korean. I can’t understand a thing he was saying. I blinked at him a few times and he seems to understand my message. He rubbed the back of his neck and says something that sounds like, ‘ottokkhae?’

The guy, who were addressed as my brother, move closer to me. What’s his name again? Ka…. Ka Yee?

“We’re Got7. These are my friends and second family.” He said to me with a big smile.

I nodded slightly and bow. Since there are 7 of them, I think it would better if I introduce myself first.

“I’m Ren. I’m 16. I lived in Qingdao before Papa and Mama Wang adopt me.”

All of them nodded almost in unison. *They can understand Chinese?* I thought. Each of them introduces themselves. Just a short one. I guess they only know a few Chinese words. They probably only understand my name and age.

I learned that they are idols who were known with the name Got7. They consisted of 7 members, the leader is the slicked haired guy before, JB and the youngest is a gigantic guy named Yungyeom. They got 2 Chinese members, my brother and another guy named Mark. Also, a Thai one called Bambam. I also learned that Jackson is my brother’s stage name. Also, it’s his English name. Well, I have an English name too but the last time I use it is when I was in Sweden. I guess these boys are not that bad. No, not ‘not that bad’. They’re awesome. It would be wonderful if I can best friend them.

*****

I was watching the boys eating. They are resting after a long dance practice. I got to admit, they are really good. I like the song ‘Just Right’ and ‘Magnetic’ already. I may not be able to understand the song but it sounds nice and the dance also. I’m so going to search for the songs later.

“Ren, you’re aware you will be staying with us for two weeks, right?” Jackson ge (brother) said.

I choked on my own saliva.

“What? Why don’t I know anything about this? Mama and Papa didn’t mention about this to me. Well, they didn’t even tell me about me having a brother, yeah. But still.. Why didn’t they tell me about this?” I said, surprised.

“Maybe because they’re aware that you won’t agree with idea. We knew it already since they told me that like three weeks ago.”

I quickly fish my phone from my bag and text Mama for an instant confirmation since Papa might be driving right now.

‘TO: MAMA WANG

Mama, when are you coming? You’re not making me sleep here, right?

-Sent-‘

Just a few minutes after, I got a reply.

‘FROM: MAMA WANG

What if I say we ARE making you sleep there? :) Come on, you got a brother. He will protect you. Plus, the boys are nice. I know they are. Don't be mad, okay? We will come again after two weeks. Good night. Sleep tight, sweetie. I love you <3

-Read-‘

A moment of silence here. I let out a heavy sigh before replying.

'TO: MAMA WANG

Okay , mama. Good night and sweet dream to you too. Send my kisses and good night to Papa also. I love you too.

-Sent-'

I throw my phone back into my bag. What’s this? I just know them. They are nice but.. No way! As I said, I just know them.

“But my clothes..” I mumbled to myself.

A guy who introduced himself as Youngjae says something. I turn to Jackson ge for a translate. He wasn’t listening so he asks the younger guy to repeat it.

“You’re so going to burn after listening to me. Are you sure you want to know about this?” He said, laughing lightly.

I make a face at him. Of course I want to. He directed it to me.

“Okay, okay. He told me that Papa gave him your suitcase and it’s in your room already.” He said.

Okay, I REALLY am burning right now. Did they plan this all along? Jackson ge was right though. I won’t be agreeing if they ever tell me about this. Somehow, I kind of amazed on how strategic my parents are.

“Don’t be mad. Come, let’s go to our dorm and we will take you to your room. I promise you that these two weeks will not be a bad one.” A lean, fair skinned guy called Jr patted me on my back, trying to comfort me.

I let out a heavy sigh. It's  like a 1000th time of the day already. I can’t do anything though. It’s not like I can go back to Mama and Papa from here. I don’t even know this place, neither where they are. I stand up and walk beside Jackson ge, letting the others leading me to the dorm.