New Life

Fate

“Ren, it’s been two days already and i think it’s time for you to register to a school. Say, what kind of school do you want to go? What lesson do you want to study? Just tell me, Papa and Mama will find the best school for our beloved daughter.”

The lady, who sits opposite me on the dining table, smiles. I kept silence for a while, thinking. What should I study? I don’t know either. Back then in Qingdao, my father used to tell me to study those commercial stuffs so that I could work and gain money like him. I look up to her,

“Just send me anywhere. I’m okay with it. Thank you, Miss Wang.”

The lady stares me for a good 2 minutes before looking to her foot.

“Am I still a stranger to you? Why are you keep calling me ‘Miss’?”

“I- I’m sorry..” I hesitated. What else should I do?

The lady looked up, smiling,

“Sorry I pushed you too hard. I get it that you still not used to us. Take your time, honey.”

Just then, the door flew open, revealing Mr Wang, who is walking inside after a long day of work.

“Honey! Ren!”

His wife welcome him happily and hugged him tight. Aww.. Relationship goal. The couple walk to me and the man open his arms for me. I slowly hopped to his arms,

“Welcome home.... Papa.”

The man stayed still for a while before a wide grin crept on his face. He turn to his wife excitedly,

“Honey, did you hear that? Our daughter just called me ‘Papa’. I’m not daydreaming, am I? Oh my, how I love my family!” The man said, making me smile lightly.

It’s been a while since I last feel a father’s love like this. I feel my new mother hug me. I smile, feeling comfortable with my new family.

“Wo ai ni ma, Papa, Mama.” I mumbled.

******

“Ren, have you ever went overseas?”

Mama Wang asked. I stop doing the dish for a while, thinking. Overseas? Let’s see..

“Yeah, I did a few times. My father took us to Japan, Sweden and America.” I said, giving her a puzzled look.

“Ever heard of Korea?” She asked me again.

I nodded. Well, I don’t know much about Korea except for their music and… ‘Him’. A memory fear to crept into my mind before Mama Wang cut it off.

“Pack your stuffs. We’re going to Korea next month.”

I nodded again and went to continue what I was doing. Eh.. Wait… What?? I turned abruptly.

“What? Korea? Seriously? Why too sudden?” I said with wide eyes, only to receive a nod and wide grin from the pretty lady.

“Just having a family trip.”

I blink a few times before nodding. Korea.. Going to ‘his’ place?


A/N: What do you think of this chapter? Who is 'he'? What gonna happen when Ren go to Korea? I think you already know who her brother will be, right? Haha. How will that 'brother' react to his new sister? We'll see in the next chapter. Vote and subscribe ^^