Chapter Two

Querencia

The ride up to the castle was an awkward one, the sixteen of them had split into groups of four or five, each group taking a carriage respectively. Kimmi was thrown into the same carriage as Youngjae, Jaebum and Seulyi; the two Gryffindor prefects. They all kept quiet, not quite knowing what to say; each wondering what the headmistress could want from them.

Once they were at the castle, Yerin and Sunggyu were quick to round them all up, playing true to their head boy and head girl positions.

“Let’s go,” Sunggyu turned to show the way and the rest followed.

“And where do you think, you are going?” a snide voice asked, causing them all to turn around.    

“Filch,” Woohyun said, strong dislike obvious in his voice. The hostility between the houses may have faded with time, but the caretaker’s hatred towards all the Gryffindors (and vice versa) was still far too evident.

“The head boy and girl and the prefects all going against the rules? Ditching the sorting ceremony are we? My my, what will the headmistress say?”

“The headmistress is the one who asked to see us Filch, now move aside.” Usually Yerin would try to take the peaceful approach, but even she was too agitated to waste her time on the likes of the caretaker at that moment.

 The last they saw was a scowl on the old man’s face, before they turned the corner and headed to the headmistress’ office.

“Don’t you think that was a little…harsh?” Heejin asked timidly.

“He had it coming.” Jaebum answered her heatedly and Heejin decided to let the matter drop.

 

They walked to the third floor, where the entrance of the office was hidden by a rather ugly looking gargoyle; which had been repaired after the battle. The password was said and immediately a spiral staircase appeared leading up to their destination. A swift “Come in,” was said before they all huddled into the office.

“You asked to see us Professor?” Hyunmi was the first to ask.

 “Ah,” Professor McGonagall replied as she rose up from behind the desk. “I see Hagrid sent my message to you.”

“Is everything alright Professor?” Dia asked.

“Quite fine,” the headmistress replied, waving her hand dismissively. “But certain things have come about that have caused me to ask for your help.”

“What sort of things?” Myungsoo questioned.

“Things that don’t need to be said to you.” The sharp reply came.

“Then why are we here?” a confused looking Minseok inquired.

“For reasons that I cannot say, Professor Dumbledore-” the woman was quick to point to the painting of the late headmaster, who waved happily to them. “-have come to the decision that a certain club should be re-established.”

“A… club?” Yeon raised her eyebrow in confusion. They had been asked to skip the grand feast for a club?! A club?!

“We don’t understand?” a hesitant voice asked.

“Have any of you ever heard of the DA?” the headmistress questioned as she took her seat again, hands coming forward in a clasp as she stared at them with her intense glaze. “Dumbledore’s Army?” she explained after seeing the still confused expressions.

“You mean the group that Harry Potter made?” Jaebum asked, clearly exited to be talking about something that his idol, the greatest Gryffindor after Godric Gryffindor himself even, had done in his days as a Hogwarts student.

“The very one,” the older woman replied, albeit a bit dryly. “After recent… events, shall we call them? I have come to the conclusion to revive the DA.”

Her words were met with a few murmurs as the students looked skeptically at her.

“So you want us to start an illegal group?” Jinyoung asked, eyes wide that he was being told to break his beloved rules by the headmistress no less.

“No Mr. Park, you shall not be doing anything illegal. The times have passed since the likes of Dolores Umbridge polluted these walls and made practicing magic something to hide.” The hatred in her voice was hard to miss as Professor McGonagall fixed the cowering Ravenclaw with a glare. She sighed before continuing. “The situation is very different from what it was like back then. But for reasons I believe that it would be wise if the castle had a group of talented wizards ready, if the time ever comes for us to need their help. So naturally I chose you all, our prefects. Our most gifted and most reliable students.

“No one is to know of this club other than you, it would only cause unneeded horror and fear throughout the students and staff. No one is aware of me decision, not even the professors. This should be kept a secret amongst you. You shall meet every week, and practice spells from your school books. I should remind you again that no one is to hear of this, you will only report back to me.”

“Shouldn’t we be called Minerva’s Army then?” Youngjae whispered, but was quick to shut up as his best friend elbowed him in the stomach. “Sorry.”

“But Professor,” Elea said. “If this is to be kept a secret from everyone, where shall we meet?!”

“Well the room of requirements of course.” The headmistress replied, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“But the room has disappeared!” Hoseok was quick to voice. “Believe me, I’ve tried conjuring it up so many times.”

“So that’s what you were trying to do that time I found you mumbling to yourself on the seventh floor?” Sohee asked, and rolled her eyes as her fellow prefect gave her a sheepish smile.

“The room is still very intact Mr. Jung. You just need to know where to look for it.”

“Hogwarts was rebuilt so now the room is on the fifth floor.” Mark mumbled, and all his fellow students turned to look at him in surprise. It was the first time that some of them had even heard his voice.

“How do you know that?” Seulyi asked suspiciously. “Never mind, probably with your dark magic.” The last sentence was muttered, but if the Slytherin boy’s narrowed eyes were anything to go by, he had heard it.

“Yes Mr. Tuan is right.” Professor McGonagall said. “The room has relocated to the fifth floor and that is where you shall be holding your weekly DA meetings. Now we must all be going to the feast.”

And she swiftly left the room before the confused students could ask her anything else.

 

“Where were you guys?!” Sehun mumbled as Kimmi and Younjae slid into the empty seats he had kept for them. Luckily the sorting ceremony had yet to start, the hall was still in uproar letting the sixteen students to slip into their respective house tables without being noticed. “I had to ride in that carriage by myself. I was waiting for you two.”

“Sorry,” Youngjae muttered detecting the genuine hurt in Sehun’s voice. “But the head- ow!” he was cut off as Kimmi, not so subtly, kicked his leg.

“The head boy and girl wanted to talk to us,” she finished for him. The headmistress had stressed that they should keep the DA a secret, and already her stupid best friend was giving it away.   

“Are you sure you’re ok?” Sehun asked suspiciously.

“Oh look the sorting ceremony is starting, shush!” Kimmi quickly turned to face the front of the hall, ignoring Sehun’s chortle of ‘Goody two shoes,”.

 

“What do you think the headmistress meant by reasons?” Hyunmi asked curiously. The ceremony had already finished causing the food on the tables to magically appear. All around students were busy enjoying the feast and chatting to friends they hadn’t seen for a while; giving the perfect opportunity for the Ravenclaw prefects to talk in hushed tones.

“I don’t know.” Yerin replied, as she too tried to find the reason behind McGonagall’s actions. As Ravenclaws it was near impossible for them to be denied the reason behind any doing.

“You don’t think that, you know, Vol-” Jinyoung began, but was cut off by a fit of coughs from Myungsoo and a sour look from Elea.

“No! Of course not! He’s dead. We’ve all heard the story of the battle ever since we were children.” Yerin scolded. “And for goodness sake Myungsoo, it’s just a name.” She glared at he still heaving, red faced boy.

“Just a name of the world’s darkest wizard of all time,” Elea mumbled as she patted the older boys back. “What if he’s really...?”

“He can’t be. He isn’t.” Hyunmi finished for her, determination written all over her face.

 

“Well look who I’ve finally found?” a sarcastic voice called. And Hoseok had to try his best not to sigh in response.

“Hi Chanyeol,” he muttered as he turned to look at the tall year six boy, the badge of the Quidditch captain shining on his chest.

“So, care to tell me why my three chasers have been running away from me?” the older boy asked, eyebrows raised in a challenging manner.

“We weren’t running away, we had… errands?” Sohee answered. And Minseok, the third Hufflepuff chaser, only nodded since his cheeks we’re filled with food.

“Do you people want us to lose the cup again?!” Chanyeol all but shouted, fixing them all under his psychotic glare. “Well let me tell you something, I’m the captain this year and things are going to go around a little differently. Miss one more Quidditch meeting and…” he slid his hand across his neck in a cutting motion. “You two!” he pointed to a terrified Jimin and Pika, “brief them in on what they missed while they were off running errands.” That was the last thing he said before he turned away to leave.

The three chasers were left in utter silence. “Pretty intense isn’t he?” Heejin asked, passing a cup of pumpkin juice to her best friend who seemed to have lost his appetite. The poor members of the Hufflepuff Quiditch team could only nod in response.

 

“Why are you all so quiet?” Jackson asked warily, setting his intense glare on the five eating Gryffindor’s who hadn’t said a word throughout the whole feast. His friends Jongin (the Gryffindor Keeper) and Jae (the Quidditch captain), turned with a questioning look as well.

“Uh…” Sunggyu started, looking at the younger kids for support.

“We…” Jaebum tried.

“Are…” Woohyun continued, looking around with pleading eyes.

“Trying …” Seulyi saved him, only to get stuck in the messy situation herself.

“To stay quiet?” Yeon finished. And all he fellow prefects moaned at her. “What?! It’s not like you lot had any brilliant ideas!”

“What even?” Jae looked at them as if they had lost their minds, and maybe they had?

“Oh look the food is disappearing! Feast is over, come on Jaebum we need to take the first years to the common room!” Seulyi suddenly announced, and Jaebum was quick to stand up. Both of them extremely happy that their responsibilities seemed to have come in hand for once. The other three were quick to throw in their excuses as well, and a minute later the three Quidditch players were left staring after their weird friends.

 

“Mark,” Yugyeom said cutely as he took the empty seat beside Mark; which was an easy feat to do seeing as the seats anywhere near the older boy were always left empty.

Mark stayed quiet and continued with his dinner, but that was ok since Yeugyeom was used to his nonchalant behavior by now. Hyesun, his best friend, had taken the seat beside him, only giving Mark a short nod of recognition. Just because Yugyeom felt comfortable around Mark, it didn’t mean that she did too.

“Mark…” the younger whined again.

“What do you want Kim?” Mark gave in and asked. Had anyone been paying attention to them at the time, they would be extremely surprised to see that the Mark Tuan was actually talking to someone; and a year four at that. What most people didn’t know was that Yugyeom’s family knew the Tuans well. And Yugyeom actually spent a lot of time around the elder; causing him to sometimes go as far as calling Mark his older brother, much to the elder’s dislike.

“Look,” Yugyeom started again. “You know what? I saw you hanging out with the other prefects today. You even shared a carriage with some of them! Are you making friends?”

Yugyeom’s best friend had kept silent throughout their exchange but Mark knew that she too was waiting eagerly for his answer.

“Don’t play innocent with me Kim Yugyeom,” Mark snorted. “I know you’re trying to weasel some information from me, but it’s not going to work.” The boy took a last sip from his cup before he stood up and walked out the hall; the forever present whispers and stares following his every move.

“Darn it! He’s smart.” Hyesun grumbled as she watched him leave.

“Guess we’ll have to find another way to figure out what is going on.” Yugyeom replied, an evil grin stretched out on his face.

 

“First Years follow me!” Youngjae called to the tiny kids who had just recently been sorted into his house.

“So you’re absolutely sure you know the password?” Dia asked apprehensively.

“Calm down. We’ll be fine. Enjoy the fact that you no longer need to deal with this.” Kimmi replied with a smile, before she joined Youngjae in his plight to round up the little weasels.

“Feels weird that we no longer need to do that. I feel old.” Myungsoo chuckled as he walked up to the Slytherin girl.

“Yeah,” Dia smiled at her friend. “We are growing up way too fast.”

“Remember when we were just their age, and you started crying on the first day because the Slytherin prefect looked mean?!” He asked with a teasing tone.

They both chuckled at the memory, but Myungsoo suddenly stopped when he felt a heavy gaze on his back. He turned around to see that the same set of angry eyes from the train were glaring holes into him.

“Why does that girl hate me so much?!” He squeaked as he tried to hide his body behind Dia’s, but being the taller of the two, he failed.

“Who?” Dia asked curiously as she followed his gaze. “Seulyi?! I’m sure she doesn’t hate you.”

“Then why does she look like she wants to kill me every time she sees me?! I don’t even know what I did wrong!”

 

“You’re staring,” a laughing voice whispered in her ear.

“Shut up Jackson,” was the growling reply.

“Ouch!” Jackson chuckled mockingly as he clutched his chest. “You break my heart!”

Seulyi rolled her eyes at the immature boy, finally turning her back on the senior prefect couple, she looked at Jackson with raised eyebrows.

“Ah,” Jackson said, finally noticing who his friend had been looking at; the cowering senior Ravenclaw prefect who was trying to unsuccessfully hide behind a red haired Slytherin. “Who is Mr. Playboy hanging out with this time?”

“Yah! Want to die?!” Seulyi threw a punch at Jackson’s arm. Making him stumble back and whine about how she was ‘too bloody strong’. “He is not a playboy!” She screeched, causing a couple of her fellow Gryffindor’s to look at her interestedly.

“You, my dear Seulyi, are blinded by love. What’s so special about Kim Myungsoo anyway?”

“Forget it Jackson,” Seulyi sighed dejectedly. She could never quite understand why her friend seemed to dislike her crush so much. “You wouldn’t understand. Anyways I have to go and help Jaebum with the first years. I’ll see you later.” She turned around, not even sparing Jackson another glance, before she walked away. If she had looked, she might have noticed the look of sadness that had made its way onto her friend’s face. But of course she missed it, just like she always had.

 

“Oi you two! I told you to follow us closely!” Hoseok yelled at the couple of first years who had slipped away from the group. They shriveled under his gaze and Sohee had to nudge him to knock it off.

“Don’t mind him,” she said kindly. “Just try to keep up with us. The staircases like to play tricks and change ways every now and then; wouldn’t want you to get lost on your first day.”

“Oh look!” her kind speech was cut short by a jeering voice. “If it isn’t the ity bity first years!”

“Hello peeves,” Sohee sighed as she saw the mischievous poltergeist floating up to them.

“Little perfect prefects trying to help the baby first years?” Peeves snickered as he gave the new kids a menacing look; some looked like they were moments away from wetting themselves.

“Go away Peeves or the Bloody Baron shall hear of this.” Hoseok muttered, far too sleepy to have time to entertain the little troublemaker.

The ghost was quick to mimic his words with a tantalizing tone, but he did leave them alone in the end; of course only after he had swept down and scared the living daylights out of some of the poor first years.

“Don’t mind him,” Sohee tried to reassure them after he had disappeared. “Peeves likes to play pranks on the students but he isn’t dangerous. And besides crazy sacred of the Bloody Baron, the ghost of Slytherin.”

“Now follow us Huffs,” Hoseok announced. “And try to keep up this time.”

 

“Sehun!”

Sehun turned around at the call of his name to see a short boy running towards him.

“Hey Baekhyun,” he answered uninterestedly. He had eaten quite a lot at the feast (who could say no to those moth-watering dishes?!) and now he wanted nothing more than to drop on his bed and sleep for a few days thank you very much.

“Sehun! Have you heard that Jae and Chanyeol have already started their Quidditch meetings?! We still haven’t been here for a half a day and they’ve already started their plans! We’ve already fallen behind.” The older Slytherin boy was hyperventilating and Sehun had to grab him by the shoulders to stop his blabbering.

“Calm down Baek. We still have a long way to go before our first match. We’ll do just fine.” He had to try so hard to stifle the yawn at the end of his sentence. 

“I don’t want to let Slytherin down though!” The Quidditch captain muttered, worry evident in his voice. “And all the team captains seem to be so determined this year. What if-”

“What if what?” Sehun asked, turning around to see that Baekhyun has stopped mid-step. “Baek…” he started to say but stopped when he realized that the older boy was paying him no attention. He followed Baekhyun’s steady gaze to see what he was staring at. Sehun blinked when he saw Yerin, the head girl, walking by with her group of friends. Realization finally hit him. “Oh.”

Sehun slung an arm around the shorter boys shoulder and firmly guided him away from the scene.

“What?” Baekhyun finally asked after they rounded the corner, it seemed as if he had just been awakened from a trance.

“Byun Baekhyun, she is the Ravenclaw Quidditch captain. An enemy. Do you understand me?!”

“Yeah… I guess.”

 

Heejin and Hyunmi were busy talking together when Minseok, Woohyun and Yeon joined them.

“Are you guys talking about the DA?” Woohyun asked loudly as he draped an arm around his girlfriend.

“Shush!” She was quick to chide him. “Don’t be so loud! What if someone hears you?! It’s a secret remember?!”

“Sorry,” he said shamefacedly as he made a motion of zipping his lips. Yeon sighed at her fellow Gryffindor’s immaturity and turned to Heejin instead.

“Don’t you think that it’s weird that McGonagall is trusting us with the DA, but she doesn’t trust the teachers enough to tell them?” Yeon asked.

“It is weird.” Heejin replied, deep in thought. She, like the rest of them, had been trying hard to figure out the reason behind their headmistress’ strange request but alas she too had gotten nowhere.

“What if there is something dangerous going on?!” Minseok inquired apprehensively. 

“Don’t worry baby!” Woohyun suddenly shouted, startling them all. “Your strong boyfriend is here to defend you!”

His friends made hurling noises, clearly not impressed. But his eyes were only on Hyunmi who was blushing. The short girl quickly stood on her tiptoes to give her boyfriend a chaste kiss on the cheek; but Woohyun was quick to turn his head, capturing her lips with his.

“Ew! Seriously stop with the PDA!” Yoen shouted. Hyunmi quickly stopped the kiss and threw her tongue out at her friend.

“You’re all just jealous!” Woohyun shouted at the backs of their running friends.

“Why do they always run away from us?” Hyunmi asked, sad that her friends had left her once again.

“Don’t worry baby,” Woohyun said wiggling his eyebrows. “That just means there will be more of you for me.”

 

It was late at night. The students had already resided back to their dorms. The first years were still awake, talking excitedly about all they had seen so far and anticipating what was yet to come. The elder students were however fast asleep. Enjoying the little time they had left before the official school semester would start and the teachers would drown them under loads after loads of homework.

Through the darkness of the night two figures slipped out of the entrance of the Gryffindor common room; their bodies covered by a cheap invisibility cloak one had bought from Diagon Alley a few weeks back.  

“Ow!” one of them muttered. “That’s my foot you’re stepping on.”

“Sorry,” was the whispered reply.

The two figures quickly rounded the corner, and hoped that they would not encounter Mrs. Norris along the way. Sure they were invisible but that cat always seemed to be able to sniff out mischief.

They quickly rounded the corner before they reached the room they were looking for. “Alohomora,” they quickly slid into the room and locked the door again after them.

“About time.”

Seungkwan threw the cloak off to reveal himself and a hissing Jungkook. “That’s the fifth time you stepped on my foot!” Seungkwan rolled his eyes at his best friend’s protest.

“Now’s not the time to be a wuss Jungkook, we need to finish this meeting quickly before anyone finds us. We don’t want to lose house points on our first day back do we?” A thin boy said.

“BamBam’s right!” Seungkwan exclaimed, sending the said fourth year Ravenclaw a grateful smile.

 Seungkwan looked around to see that there whole group was there. BamBam, Pika, Yugyeom and his sister Hyesun. Jungkook went to stand by Hyesun, sending Seungkwan another dirty look as he passed.

“So anyone manage to get any information?”

“Mark stayed queit.” Yugyeom was the first to reply. “Didn’t tell us a word.”

“The prefects were acting weird today,” Pika was the next to speak up. “They even missed the Quidditch meeting. Chanyeol was raging.”

“Well I heard our prefects talking about something at our table,” BamBam continued. “They were saying something about finding the reason. The reason for what? I don’t know”

“They told Filch that they were going to see the headmistress before the sorting ceremony started.” Jungkook said, sharing the information he and Seungkwan had stumbled upon. “It must have been an emergency for the headmistress to ask to meet them straight away.”

Seungkwan nodded at that. “Something fishy is going on. And as Hogwarts group of mischievous pranksters, it is our job to find out exactly what they are trying to hide.”

The other year fours worded their agreements. They had built a group of friends ever since their first year. Throughout the years, any prank or breaking of the law that happened in the castle could somehow be linked back to them. Some would go so far as to say that they were better at their jobs than Fred and George Weasly had ever been.

“Can we go now?” Pika finally asked. “We have Quidditch tryouts tomorrow and if I’m late, Chanyeol will have my head on a silver platter.”

“Yes it is late.” Seungkwan agreed, checking his watch. “The meeting is dismissed. Remember to keep your eyes and ears open at all times!”

And with that the six four years were quick to dissemble, all hurriedly walking back to their respective common rooms. 

A/N: I have no idea what I just wrote D: I had no inspiration what so ever and then suddenly nine pages got written. Forgive me if this chapter makes no sense.