v. Miracle

My Mona Lisa Man (HunHan)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun was giving Luhan a dirty look. 

 

Luhan thought he was checking him out.

 

Baekhyun was leering at him from head to toe. 

 

Luhan looked at himself. 

 

"You're Sehun's boyfriend, right?" The green faced man asked, his arms and legs crossed like a boss. 

 

"Yeah?" was Luhan's quite uncertain answer. 

 

"Okay," green Baekhyun said, sighing with relief. "Bake me cookies, like Sehun's specialty."

 

"Excuse me?" Luhan was surely confuddled at the green faced man's improbable order or statement.

 

"You're his boyfriend so I assume he taught you how to make his special Santa cookies," Baekhyun presumed. "Don't lie to me. I know you know. Did he put wine in his cookies or soda?" Now he sounded a little more insistent.

 

Luhan dumbly blinked his eyes at the latter.

 

"Go to the kitchen now," Baekhyun ordered him. "I have all kinds of wine and soda over there. I'll give you four hours to bake Sehun's cookies. You don't have to worry about the other ingredients because it's all prepared. I've been trying to make some but they apparently don't taste right."

 

"I...I don't..." Luhan had no idea what to say. What had he really gotten himself into? 

 

Bake cookies? Seriously? 

 

What does that even mean? Luhan thought. 

 

Baekhyun yawned. "You're a boring boyfriend, why did you even become his boyfriend if you don't know how to cook?" Baekhyun asked insolently. "I'm pretty sure I remember Sehun's wish last year, that he would teach his first and last boyfriend how to cook. Are you really his boyfriend?"

 

"B-But..."

 

"3 hours and 59 minutes left."

 

"Mamma Mia..."

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

For the rest of the days before Christmas, Sehun was all alone in his room, probably mourning over Luhan's disappearance for what seemed like a lifetime. No one to hold hands with, no one to embrace, no to talk to, no one to cook for and no manly man trying to seduce him without a clue.

He just missed Luhan.

Chanyeol came to visit him and since he left the door open, Chanyeol was able to get inside. Chanyeol witnessed the mess in his house as if a storm had just invaded his private property. It sure looked like Sehun really searched everywhere for Luhan which worried Chanyeol that Sehun might not have been eating ever since Luhan's disappearance...

Chanyeol serially knocked on Sehun's bedroom door, hoping that his friend wasn't doing anything stupid. However when Sehun did not responded to his desperate knocks, Chanyeol had no other choice but to kick the door open using his powerful kick with a natural sound effect coming out from his mouth, "Watttttaaaaaaaa!"

Then and there he found Sehun up and alive. "Sehun, you're alive! You're okay! You're safe!" Chanyeol cried out in surprise, cupping his own cheeks with his hands and pacing towards the seemingly relaxed Sehun. "I was so worried about you. Goddamnit, I even called your grandma to come visit you-"

"No," Sehun spoke as he swallowed a lump. "I'm busy right now," he said with a sigh as he presumed what he was doing with the empty canvas before him and the paintbrush in his hand. He was actually trying to repaint Luhan...

"Busy with what?" Just as Chanyeol finished his sentence, he shifted his gaze to the piece of art Sehun was working on and his eyes widened in astonishment. Sehun was almost halfway to finishing half of Luhan's face. "Is that who I think it is?"

"Yes," Sehun replied in a low voice, sending the chills down Chanyeol's spine. "Now if you leave me alone please."

With a loud gulp, Chanyeol stepped back from the latter but even though he decided to give him enough space, he didn't leave the house. Later that night, he called Baekhyun to remind him to eat dinner but he ended up sending his message through voicemail. He already knew Baekhyun wouldn't answer his calls no matter what, for some reason only God and Baekhyun himself know. He just hoped that it would be the end of Christmas already so he could finally feel his boyfriend.

After the call, Chanyeol microwaved all the leftovers in the fridge and left a small bowl of beef stew on the coffee table next to the easel for Sehun to eat while working.

"So this what you do when someone runs away from you huh?" Chanyeol mumbled, slouching on the floor as he rested his back against the side of the bed. "You try to bring them back by trying to paint them..." It sounded so ridiculous, Chanyeol just wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. "You must really love him that much. So how long have you known him?"

"A week."

"Huh?"

"A week...or almost a week. It feels like I've known him for so long though," Sehun said, letting out a chortle. "Can you believe that?"

"Actually no I don't," Chanyeol replied right away.

Sehun then squinted his eyes at Chanyeol. "Would you believe me if I tell you that he came from here?" He asked, placing his hand over his unfinished Luhan art. Chanyeol didn't catch what he meant. "I drew him, painted him and he came to life when I finished him." Sehun finished, earning a hysterical laugh from Chanyeol. 

"Hahaha! Okay that is the lamest joke I've ever heard from you, Sehun. Tell me something I don't know!" Chanyeol commented sarcastically. He received a kick on the crotch afterwards.

Comforting Sehun wasn't very easy for Chanyeol.

Sure, they're good friends but Sehun never even listened to him.

Chanyeol tried his best to soothe the pain in Sehun's chest although Sehun's selfless attitude and ridiculous stories about Luhan greatly discombobulated him. He stayed however. He still prepared lunch and dinner while Sehun was completely preoccupied with his art. He even helped clean the house. He also made a dessert for after Christmas dinner. He cooked macaroni salad based on the ingredients and directions that was handwritten by Sehun on a piece of white paper. After tasting it, he screamed with delight and ate more. He complimented himself a little bit too much. He was about to snapchat his accomplishment but then he noticed the emptiness of the dining table. Beef stew, cookies and Sehun's favorite duck should be there. Maybe some paper cups, paper plates, wines and a big sodas for everyone to share.

Just when he thought he was gonna go crazy, Sehun mercifully came to his side. "Thanks for the help. I'll do the rest from here," Sehun said calmly, taking out the other ingredients he needed from the fridge as Chanyeol just watched him in awe.

"Did you finish Luhan?" Once the question eventually escaped Chanyeol's mouth, Sehun frowned and lowered his head so his bangs hid the solemnness in his eyes.

"I did," Sehun answered and yet he sounded so disappointed. "But he didn't come back."

"It's okay," Chanyeol said as he ruffled Sehun's hair comfortingly. "My Baekhyun isn't back yet either." Then it suddenly hit him. What hit him was merely a joke but Sehun took it so seriously when he said, "Wow. I just realized something hilarious. What if Baekhyun is the one who kidnapped Luhan? I mean, I remember Baekhyun always tells me that he doesn't want you to get a boyfriend. I told him last Christmas that maybe you have a secret boyfriend as an inspiration since you cook so great and then he suddenly yelled at me and said," he said, clearing his throat as he tried to imitate Baekhyun's words and actions, "'No! Sehun shouldn't get a boyfriend!' and I was like 'Are you saying that because you're secretly in love with your cousin or what?' and he was like 'His cookies ! I'd forever feel bad for his boyfriend if he has one!' but at the end of the day I caught him secretly eating your cookies in the dark!"

Sehun's nose was now blazing with anger. He subconsciously grabbed a knife from the table and stabbed the cutter board with rage. "You're saying that your boyfriend...my cousin... that freaking Bacon man... said my cookies but ate them after all?" Sehun's voice was so threatening that it frightened Chanyeol.

Chanyeol immediately stepped away as he seized a plate and then used it to cover as a shield in case of emergency. "Y-Yes," Chanyeol stammered. "M-Maybe you s-should p-put that knife down!"

 

Soon the time had come for the Christmas gathering and dinner with Sehun' grandma, cousin, friends and piggies from his grandma's house.

And when Baekhyun came in Sehun's view, Sehun didn't give his cousin a chance to explain and attacked the latter's head with a crumpled paper. Sehun just knew it. He could feel it. Baekhyun was hiding something from him. He couldn't be mistaken.

Baekhyun is his cousin after all.

And he just remembered that his cousin habitually took things that were 'his' property. From toys to food and now...

"WHAT THE DID YOU DO TO MY BABY?!" Sehun's loud, booming voice, echoed in the room and crashed right through his grandmother's delicate ears as he paced towards his horrified cousin.

Baekhyun widened his eyes in horror before running towards his grandmother to cling on to her for protection. "What?! You have a baby?!" Baekhyun shouted back while his grandmother continued to cover her ears. "Grandma, he has baby and he didn't tell us!"

Chanyeol then entered the room with a little piggie in his arm. He looked so happy to see his boyfriend that he almost dropped Sehun's pig. 

Meanwhile, Sehun's orphaned friends, Kris and Suho, followed inside with a bunch of gift bags in their hands but only to discover the ruckus in the room. 

The delivery man for the peking duck that Sehun ordered also witnessed what was happening inside since the door was left wide open that time.

L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter