iv. Helping Hunhan

My Mona Lisa Man (HunHan)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So what do you think happened with the deer inside his steamy mascot for nearly an hour - or probably more than that? 

I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die. 

Luhan complained inwardly as he dismissed the urge to take off the deer head because unfortunately he promised the fat guy that he wouldn't --- and he doesn't even have a clue why he's keeping such promise.

If only he didn't follow Sehun all the way there, he wouldn't get stuck in that deer mascot. He could still remember the trauma when a strange man suddenly dragged him in a strange room (a dressing room) while he was trying to listen to his supposedly boyfriend's convo with the other boyfriend and then he was forced to play the deer mascot for no apparent reason and he, the clueless Mona Lisa he was, had no other choice. 

Anyhow, once Sehun and Chanyeol finished shopping, the deer went ahead of them to find privacy, since he was feeling extremely unwell and breathless. He walked unevenly towards the automatic  glass sliding door and sighed with relief when the sunlight hit the little eye holes of the deer head. 

He almost felt like kissing the ground until a group of twittering elves (actually they were just kids in elf costumes) jumped on him like little maniacs. Like seriously? He isn't even fat like Santa Claus a.k.a. Sehun's other other man! Luhan wasn't expecting that much love. He wasn't even expecting too much love would kill him slowly like literally - fortunately some guys took their kids away after noticing the unmoving deer mascot lying on the ground.

"Is he dead, Kyungsoo?" The kid asked the elder one beside him who seemed like his older brother at first sight. The man of the name Kyungsoo suddenly slammed his palm against the child's head, annoyed at the disrespectful elf. 

"How many times do I have to tell you that I am your mother?!" The strict parent who appeared too short to be one and too manly to be a mother, scolded his doe-eyed son. "You must never call your mother by his name, you understand that?"

"You were just a cousin last year!" The kid spat. "Stop changing your title!"

"Shut up!" Kyungsoo yelled. 

"Shut up you two," a guy in a Santa Claus costume whose face and neck was painted green said rather calmly as he pulled four other kids to the side and went back to the poor deer mascot. "Hey deer, you okay?" He offered his hand toward the deer. "Sorry about that. Kids got really excited when they saw you."

Luhan wanted to cry for God's sake but he held them back as he grabbed hold on to the latter's hand who suddenly let go and pushed him back to the ground, giving Luhan a shock. 

The green Santa- or Mr. Grinch according to his printed nameplate was looking somewhere else with his mouth agape. "Oh my God," he muttered as he watched his boyfriend and cousin coming out from the grocery store. 

The short guy Kyungsoo looked to where his friend was looking before he panicked and turned his alerted attention towards his Grinch friend. "Baekhyun! It's your ing boyfriend, if he sees you..." but before he could finish his sentence, the green guy or Baekhyun had already ran back to the group of Santa Clauses, Elves and other Mr. Grinches gathered in one big empty parking lot. 

Baekhyun hid himself behind the biggest Santa in the group.

So this is his secret. 

Four days before Christmas, he'd disguise himself as the Grinch and join a Marathon with the other cosplayers. And he never won. Not even once. Everytime he loses, he'd end up getting depressed and angry to the whole universe even to his family, friends and boyfriend. This time however, he could feel his victory. He could feel the envelope of money wrapped in his hand. And he promised himself that Chanyeol his dear boyfriend wouldn't find out about his Grinch face unless he wins.

And his cousin Sehun? He just hated that guy to the point that he'd steal Sehun's cookies every night (clueless Sehun assumed the real Santa Claus had been doing that), though Sehun's cookies had always been Baekhyun's all-time favorite.

Meanwhile, the deer mascot was still trying to get up all by himself but his costume was a little heavy for his weight. Kyungsoo and the little elves had already left to support their Grinch friend. Chanyeol was overly surprised to see the empty parking lot now filled with red and green people. Sehun found the deer mascot on the ground and he couldn't help but remember Luhan again by the way it moved.

Sehun still approached the deer mascot though. Without warning, he grabbed the mascot's shoulders which made the latter cringed at his touch and then he pulled him up so easily. "You shouldn't have run off like that. Look what happened to you," Sehun said as he tried to look through the deer's eye holes. "Do you want me to take off your costume? Then I can bring you home and introduce you to my boyfriend." Sehun smiled with his hopes too high his conscience couldn't even reach it. 

"Why?" Luhan asked weakly, not sadly but it sounded like that to the latter. He was just really tired and kind of dizzy and...he felt like throwing up all the cookies he ate while stalking his cheating boyfriend.

"Because..." Sehun started to think as he tilted his head to the side then caught a cameraman stealing their scene with a camera. Sehun raised an eyebrow at the man who motioned him to continue what he was about to do. Sehun just stared cluelessly until the man pointed at something above his head. Sehun lifted his head a little to take a look at the thing hanging above his and Luhan's head.

A mistletoe.

"Oh..." Sehun realized that they were standing underneath a mistletoe.

So he's saying I should kiss the deer... Sehun thought, fixing his gaze to the deer. He couldn't help his creeped out face when the deer's original eyes moved. "Okay I'm gonna..." He started, hesitating. "Uhm, I will take off your head first, I guess. Forgive me, Lord," he added as he placed his hands on each sides of the deer head.

Chanyeol who was distracted for a while finally averted his gaze from the crowd and looked for Sehun instead, whom he found with the deer underneath the mistletoe. It took him quite a while to comprehend what was happening. "What the ?" He cursed under his breath when Sehun pulled out the deer head, exposing the human being inside. "Why the am I cussing?" He questioned himself as he simply watched the two lovers waiting to kiss or be kissed underneath the mistletoe.

It seemed like Sehun was too shocked to kiss the man in front of him though.

The deer mascot- now exposed as Luhan - was too tired to even think about kissing.

"Coocoo?" Sehun's eyes were doubled in size. His face looked like he just saw a ghost. 

"Hi coocoo," Luhan greeted awkwardly, swallowing his spittle in despair.

"It was you?!" Sehun suddenly raised his voice before he hurled the deer head onto the ground. "This can't be. I was about to cheat on you with yourself?" He asked pitifully, lowering his voice's volume in embarrassment.

Luhan was grinning at his devastated boyfriend when his urge to throw up the small particles from his stomach  began to crank up all of a sudden. He couldn't help it anymore. He bended his body towards Sehun and vomitted on the latter's pink shirt with a violent retching noise.

Sehun's mouth dropped open. 

Chanyeol made a disgusted face.

The cameraman zoomed in his camera.

Luhan calmed down a few seconds later.

Sehun widened his eyes at his now un shirt.

Luhan attempted to puke once again.

Luhan pushed himself against Sehun's chest and retched once again.

Sehun shut his eyes very very tight, his arms frozen in the air as he tried not to breathe.

"My cookies," Luhan sniffled as he lifted his head back up. He gave Sehun a questioning look before turning his attention towards the camera. "Hi?" He mumbled, not quite certain why there was a man watching them with a gadget in hand. He then shifted his gaze back to Sehun who was still holding his breath then asked, "are you okay coocoo?" 

Sehun was definitely not okay with it. 

He just had to remind himself that love comes in different colors; like brown and yellow coming from his boyfriend's mouth (with love perhaps). 

He just had to remind himself that he loves Luhan more than his shirt, himself and anyone else in the universe.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The next day, Luhan was very sick to the point that he couldn't get up on bed. He literally felt so hot but he didn't tell Sehun about it. Sure, he and Sehun were back to boyfriends again but Sehun was still acting strangely distant from him and that was his biggest problem (other than his body burning up and Sehun's bed tolerating his abnormal body heat).

Sehun didn't even hug Luhan in his sleep. There was also a barrier lying between them on bed, a snake stuffed toy that Sehun bought for the love of controlling his own libido.

If only

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter