You're a Valued Guest

Moonlight Hotel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

II

When Wendy wakes up, it’s nightfall already. Her stomach growls and she groans, realizing that she hasn’t eaten yet. She sits up against the headboard, checking her phone for any notifications. She dumps her phone somewhere on the bed and grabs the telephone, calling the front desk. It takes a while for the line to connect, but when it finally does, Wendy smirks upon hearing a familiar voice.

“Hello. This is the front desk.”

“Hello, Irene,” Wendy greets cheerfully.

“You.”

Wendy hears a sigh on the other end and she resists the urge to laugh out loud.

“Hey, Miss Bae.”

“How can I help you?” There’s forced merry in Irene’s voice and it makes Wendy want to even more.

“You sound happy to hear from me.”

“Of course. You’re a valued guest after all.” Wendy can almost picture Irene forcing a smile.

She decides not to anymore because her stomach is calling out for food. “I’m getting room service. Any recommendations?”

“We have our chef’s special for tonight, Parmesan Crusted Chicken. Are you looking for Italian?”

“I’m looking for what you would recommend.”

“S Hotel recommends the Fettuccini with-”

“I want to hear what you would recommend. What do you like?”

Irene sighs, “I personally think their smoked salmon is to die for.”

“Smoked salmon it is then.”

“Any dessert? Wine?”

“Tiramisu please. And I’d like to stay sober, thanks.”

“Your order will be delivered to the kitchen. Thank you.”

“Wait. Irene?”

There’s another exhale again and Wendy chuckles.

“Yes, Wendy?”

“I will be calling the VIP earlier to apologize.”

There’s a brief silence before Irene speaks again, “That’s good, then.”

“Am I still an now?”

Wendy hears a muffled giggle over the phone and even though it’s muffled, Wendy still thinks it sounds beautiful.

“You still are but you can call me Joohyun.”

The call ends and Wendy is left listening to the beeps of the ended call. The corners of her lips tug upwards and she feels like she just won an award or something. She puts down the phone and jumps around the room excitedly. Pumping her fist, she skips over to the balcony and looks up at the sky. The moon is bright and there are stars out tonight. Wendy cannot help but burst into the chorus of Bruno Mars’ Marry You.

Soon, there are two knocks on her door and she bounces to open the door. She gets the cart into her room and tells the staff to charge the bill to her room. She leaves the staff a generous tip (because she’s in a good mood) and dismisses him.

She quickly finishes her meal and makes a note to thank Irene Joohyun for her recommendation. Her phone sounds and she hurries to answer the call.

“Hello?”

“Wendy.”

As soon as she hears the voice, her mood instantly drops. She frowns, her smile vanishing.

“What is it?”

“Come to my office. Be here within 5 minutes.”

The call ends even before Wendy can reply. She glances at her reflection in the mirror, making sure she looks okay. She exhales loudly, not wanting to see the man again. She immediately makes her way to the office on the 50th floor. Knocking twice, she enters the office, only to see Sooyoung standing there, head bent.

“I am sorry, Mr Son. I-”

“You have nothing to be sorry for, Manager Park,” Wendy declares.

Sooyoung turns, eyes widening in surprise.

“Wendy,” Mr Son begins, “You’re late. I heard about what happened with Mr Lee.”

“You’re talking about that VIP, right? That was entirely my fault. I shouldn’t have done that. I admit I was rash. Manager Park had nothing to do with it. I chose to interfere. Manager Park should not be held responsible for anything.”

Wendy consciously addresses Sooyoung as Manager Park, knowing she isn’t allowed to be on friendly terms with the employees.

“Manager Park should have known better than to let you continue,” Mr Son says.

“I take all responsibility for this. I will be apologizing to Mr Lee later. Manager Park, you are dismissed.”

Sooyoung looks to Mr Son for confirmation and Mr Son nods, allowing her to leave the office. Sooyoung scrambles out of the office, terrified.

“If he doesn’t forgive you and he discontinues ship with us, what are you going to do?”

“I will make sure he stays as a VIP. There’s no need for ‘what if’s.”

“Very well. Make sure this is a lesson learnt. Guests before employees, Wendy.”

“I will. But unlike you, Mr Son, I put my employees before my guests, just like how I put my family before work or money. Unlike you, I actually have a heart, Mr Son.”

“That will be your downfall, Son Seungwan.”

“You have money. But you have nothing else.” Wendy clenches her fist. “That may be my downfall. But you, Mr Son? You’ve already fal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter