Please Enjoy Your Stay

Moonlight Hotel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I

Wendy steps out of the car as soon as the door opens. She takes a deep breath, looking at the tall, modern building in front of her. S Hotel, the words at the front read. The doors of the hotel slide open and she is quickly greeted by the manager of the hotel. Wendy glances at the nametag quickly, recognizing the female manager’s name as Park Sooyoung. The manager points her to the door, wanting to usher her in, but Wendy refuses to move.

“Give me a moment,” she breathes.

The manager nods and bows, quickly stepping back a bit to give her some space. Wendy studies the entrance of the hotel, quickly noticing a lack of bellboys. She notes it down in her phone, typing away furiously. Other than that, she takes the time to tame her emotions. She grimaces slightly at the thought of the person she is meeting later, but masks the emotions before anyone can see.

The sky is filled with white fluffy clouds today, with not a single sign of rain. She flicks her wrist, looking at her watch. 9.30am. Her meeting is scheduled at 10am, but she knows she is already late. Sighing softly, she massages her temples, feeling a headache coming.

“Is everything alright?” Sooyoung asks.

She takes another deep breath, “Yes, Manager Park. Everything is fine. Let’s go.”

She walks into the hotel, only to be greeted by employees lined up in two rows. She scrunches her eyebrows at this, snapping at the manager, “What is this? I didn’t ask for this.”

“It is Mr Son’s requirement that the staffs line up to greet any VIPs or executives.”

“I am not Mr Son, Manager Park,” she says with gritted teeth, “I don’t want to see this the next time I come in. Is that clear?”

“Y-Yes, Miss Son,” the manager stutters and Wendy knows she had unintentionally frightened the poor lady.

Wendy flicks her wrist, wanting to dismiss the staff. It seems that they all understand, for they return to their original positions and carry on with their jobs. Wendy walks towards the elevators, the manager following timidly behind her. The two of them enter the lift and Wendy presses for the 50th floor, where the office of the hotel’s owner resides. The door closes and Wendy chuckles.

“You don’t have to be afraid of me, Manager Park.”

“Y-Yes.”

“I’m not Mr Son. Don’t worry.”

“Yes, Miss Son.”

“Wendy.” She turns to look at Sooyoung, smiling. “Call me Wendy, Sooyoung.”

Sooyoung barely returns a smile, but it’s there, albeit small, “Sure, Wendy.”

The lift doors open and Wendy heads towards the office at the end of the hallway. She knocks twice and enters. The man behind the desk stands and nods at her in acknowledgement, ushering her to a seat. The man sits in front of her as soon as she settles down.

“Wendy,” the man begins.

“Let’s go down to business, shall we, Mr Son?”

“Still as tardy as ever,” Mr Son grunts.

Wendy looks at her watch at this statement and chuckles. 9.40am. Early by twenty minutes but she will always be deemed as late in his eyes.

“You know I’m always late, Mr Son. Let’s just start.”

“The plans to let you take over the company-”

“Will be delayed,” she interrupts. “I wish to stay in the hotel for a week to observe any faults and errors. That way, I’ll know what to work on straight away when I start.”

The man stays silent for a while, contemplating her suggestion.

Wendy continues, “At least allow me to do this to get acquainted with the staff.”

“Alright. You may do so. But your job is only to observe and get acquainted with the staff, not be friends with them. I’ll book you a hotel room and you can move in straight away.”

“You don’t have to do that. I’ll get a hotel room myself. I trust that you’ll keep my identity a secret during my stay here?”

“Yes.”

“One more thing. I noticed there aren’t enough bellboys at the entrance. Please arrange for more staff at the entrance.”

“Noted.”

“Am I excused then?” Wendy asks, preparing to leave.

She wants to get away from this man as soon as possible. Just being in the same room as him suffocates her immensely. She needs to get out.

“You are excused. Don’t be late again, Wendy.”

The last sentence makes her ball her fist. She clenches her jaw, trying to keep her anger down, not wanting to make a scene. She inhales sharply, unclenching her fist.

“Yes, Father,” she spits before stalking out of the room.

She is surprised to see Sooyoung waiting outside for her. Her anger quickly dissipates upon seeing the girl.

“Sooyoung? You’re still here?”

“I was instructed to remain as your assistant, Miss S- Wendy.” The girl quickly corrects herself.

“Right, I will be staying in the hotel for a week as a guest, to observe the hotel’s system. Don’t worry, I’ll be booking a room by myself.”

“Okay, Wendy,” the manager says awkwardly, still not used to calling superiors by their first name.

“All you have to do is get back to work and not worry about me. I’ll just be observing AKA lounging about in the hotel,” Wendy tries a joke, wanting to put the girl at ease.

It works and Sooyoung giggles slightly, “Sure.”

“Other than that, loosen up! You’re as stiff as a pole!” Wendy exclaims, hitting her arm playfully. “We’re friends now!”

Sooyoung gives her a smile before accepting a call. She widens her eyes and mouths to Wendy emergency before running off. Wendy shakes her h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter