Acceptance

The Five Stages

Slowly the smile faded from JiYoung's face. "Give me a few minutes." he stated. 

 
"Take all the time you need." YG replied.
 
GD stood up, adjusted his jacket, took a deep breath, and walked through the double doors. JiYoung kept his back straight, and his eyes forward. When he reached the front of the room, he gave 4 formal bows, one for each of his friends, then he lit 4 candles, and bowed again to the the families, exchanging hugs and comforting words. Just the sight of JiYoung trying to hold himself together was enough to break anyone's heart, nobody thought that he would be able to deliver the Eulogies. Yet when he stepped over to the microphone, he began to speak with such eloquence and color, that everyone there was enraptured with his speech. 
 
After it was all over, YG walked JiYoung back to the car. "I'm proud of you Ji." YG said, giving him a hug.
 
"Can I go home now?" asked JiYoung.
 
 
YG hesitated, "I'm not sure if you're ready to be alone yet." 
 
"I'm okay, honest." JiYoung said. "It's time."
 
"Tell you what, YG began, " how about I go with you and sleep on the couch?"
 
"The couch?" JiYoung raised his eyebrow questioningly.
 
"Okay, maybe not the couch, but in one of the other rooms. Take it or leave it."
 
"Alright," JiYoung said. JiYoung had a rough night, tossing and turning, crying, waking up throughout the night. 
 
The next morning YG opened JiYoung's bedroom door to check on him, only to find him writing lyrics down furiously, and at least  50 sheets of crumpled paper all over the floor. YG smiled.