Fifth day together (Part 1)

Time

She woke up, she felt her watch vibrate. She took a look at it, it was a reminder, she had three more days. She turned and saw the sleeping man on the floor. He usually woke up before her. He was so peaceful. His angular face spoke of strength. His body was lean, he felt like a person she can rely on. 3 more days, that the time she had with this man. She was quite sure he will return to his time when she returned to hers.

He stirred from his sleep, he saw that she was awake and gave her a smile. She felt her heart miss a beat. He sat up and said in a husky voice, “I am the sleepy one today.” He got up and went to clean himself up. She couldn’t bear to tell him they had 3 more days left, saying it out loud would crystallise it.

“Let’s go to the aquarium today” she announced.

“Aquarium, what’s that?” he found there are a lot of new and interesting things here.

“You will know when you are there, come on” she replied. She felt his hand reaching for hers and she slipped hers into his.  They were very comfortable holding hands now. He felt he could better protect her when he was within his reach and she felt protected when her hand was in his

They reached the Coex aquarium, she was determined to take some pictures with him, at least she can remember him by. They bought the ticket and entered the aquarium. When they entered the aquarium, both of them were amazed at the display of fishes, from small, cute fishes to ferocious sharks. They were very excited going through the different areas. They loved the sardines and spent a long time looking at them swam in the tanks.

They whispered their amazement to each other, they would find something funny and laughed together. It was cold the aquarium and she snuggled against him for warmth, he put his arm around her, holding her close. She was cold to his touch and he tried to warm her up.

They decided to rest at the ocean kingdom, they sat on the floor observing both people and the fishes. They noticed there are a lot of couples and families in the aquarium. It did look like a good place for dates and families get together.

They noticed a couple was having a quarrel, they are arguing in a low angry voice. The woman was suspecting the man had another lover outside and demanded an answer from him. The man had insisted there was no other woman than her but she didn’t believe. He was so angry that he left the woman. They saw the woman wept uncontrollably. The man didn’t return. Finally she left as well.

“Should the man return and explain?” he asked.

“Well, if I am the woman, of course, he should convince me there are no other woman in his life.” She answered

“So you believe him?” he asked again.

“Actually, no. He did seem a bit flustered.” She replied.

“I thought so too. He looked like he hiding something.” He concluded. “She was right to leave him.”

“How many wives do you want to have?” she asked.

“One will be enough for me. I can’t deal with too many.” He said.

“Really, how many concubine then?” she asked again.

“None, I just need one wife.” He insisted.

“Ok, How many lovers?” she continued.

“None, I just need one wife.” He persisted.

“Ok, let’s assume, your wife dead. Will you take another?” she tried again.

“None. I would stay faithful to her.” He maintained his stand.

“What if you found out she not the one for you, there is someone out there you love more.” He looked at her defeated.

“If I married, I would not be bothered to looked for another.” He swore.

“What if you didn’t?”

“Didn’t what?” he clarified.

“Didn’t marry, what if you didn’t marry, you will look for another?” she wanted to know.

“If I really love her, I won’t take another.” He promised, more to himself. He knew that what he would do, he had already met the woman of his dream and he had grown to love her. When he back, he would not find another woman.

“How about you? Would you take multiple lovers when you are back.” He said, feeling the distaste in his mouth.

“I would .. until I found my perfect one.” She answered.

He turned his head, his heart was hurt by her replied. She didn’t love him.

“But I should know if he the perfect one for me, so once I saw him, I would always be with him.” she continued.

“But you will still take multiple lovers” he asked again.

“Ok, I won’t. I will be scanning for one that is for me.” She finally told him her true feeling. But she didn’t tell him, she had found the one already.

“Really? What if he left you?” he asked.

“I will be sad, and I will not take another” she said.

His heart felt sad. She shouldn’t live in solitary. “No, you should find another”

“Why?” she asked.

“Because he will be sad if you live thinking of him. The person you love would want you to live happily.” He knew if it was him, he wanted her to find someone that she loved and loved her to be happy together.

She wanted to hug him, his love was so great, but she also couldn’t bear him living alone either. “You should too,” she murmured. “Don’t stay alone, ok?” she wanted him to promise her that.

He looked at her, he smiled bitterly,”I know I couldn’t.” he stood up, ending the conversation. “Let’s go and see the rest.” They finished the aquarium half heartly.