Third day together

Time

The next morning, she decided the best place would be where couples sealed their promise. They found a Church, it was holding a wedding, and the bride and groom looked wonderfully. She had hoped they would show her what love is, they seat peacefully in the corner of the church. She saw the groom kissing the bridemate and the bride kissing the groom friend, both of them shook their head. They were about to leave the church in despair, when they saw another couple, this time, the bride and groom had completed their solmizaion, they were looking into each other eyes, smiling lovingly. That looked like a couple in love.

"Here couples made their promises to be together forever but looked like it not always so." Ji Hyo commented, it was dashing her dreams, even in 2015, true love were scarce.

Jong Kook shook his head. True love were indeed scarce in any age. Even at his time, people married due to convenice more often than not. Some grew true love, but most just lived in regret. He didn't want to live in regret. "So people at your time marry?" He asked. She's shook her head. Even those that were in love did not marry, it was not the custom. They just stayed together. They could rear kids but children often were chosen to be born, unfit genes were killed off straight from the start. The kids on 2015 were much luckier, they had parents love.

 "what about you?" He asked curiously.

"I am the luckier one, my parents were in love and loved me and my sister. Some of my friends came out of the tubes, in their prime, their genes would be collected and made into children when the time is right. is cheap, if two individuals see eye to eye, they could have . Love .... Is something you could not find easily." She said.

He rose an eyebrow, that didn't sound good at all. The life didn't seem attractive. Maybe 2015 was better. Ji Hyo was stumbled, love was not easy to find except in novels and dramas. Jong Kook saw the deflated Ji Hyo and gave her a pat on her hair. She looked up and saw his caring eyes and wondered who the lucky girl who will end up with him. For the past 2 days, he had displayed better sense and behavior than those guys she saw at her time. She was getting attracted to him, she already starting to miss him knowing their separation would be soon. She couldn't explain both the sweet and bitter feeling in her heart. 

He took her hand, that surprised her, man from his time didn't hold women hand. He walked out of the church, he didn't know where to go but he just wanted to leave the place, for the good of her. He liked the energetic version of her better. They walked aimelessly on the street, hand in hand, side by side. Her hand felt small and smooth in his large and rough hand. She felt better as the wind blew across her face. 

"Let's go on a date" she suggested.

"A date?" He asked.

"A date is when a couple do things together, spend time together." She explained.

"Well, you are a man and I am a woman, there no better combination." She said hugging his elbow. She felt him freeze, she smiled deviously. "Come on, I needed some time off before I begin my work again. I know that's go to an amusement park." She heard him sighed and she knew she won.

She was very excited, this was one of her wish, to come with her love one to an amusement park, there was none back home but well at least he was a man, a gentleman and someone she liked. She saw all the rides she wanted to try. The first one she pulled him to the roller coaster. His face turned slightly white.

“That??” he asked.

“Yeah, it’s safe and fun. Don’t worry.” Ji Hyo tried to reassurance him while pulling him towards the cart.

She chose the first cart, and helped him put down the safety bars. As the roller coaster moves out slowly, she just said hang on tight. The roller coaster gain speed and she was happily shouting as the roller coaster speed along its track, sometimes dashing down at super high speed, sometimes turning 360 degree. The man beside her was too stunned, stunned by the speed, stunned by sudden moments of near death, stunned by the 360 degree turn. When the roller coaster came to a complete stop, she said “Let’s do it again!”

“Again?”, he wanted to leave this monster, once was enough for him. Ji Hyo hang on to his arm, “Yes, again, just one more time ok. Try to shout like me, it lets out the fear and it is extremely fun.” She tried to coax him into another ride. He nodded his head unwillingly. “Just one more time, no more” he said firmly. “Ok, the next time I will go alone.” He looked at the courageous girl unbelievable.

This time, he took her recommendation very seriously, he shouted out his fear at the top of his voice. When the roller coaster stopped, he felt better and some of his worries seem to be lightened. She looked at him expectedly. “Again??” she asked cautiously. He considered seriously for a while, and went on his third ride. He did enjoy his last two rides.

The next ride was the Viking, the big swinging boat look less intimidating than the roller coaster, she chose the “best” spot again, on the top corner of the ship. As the ship swing from left to right, she held his hand on the railings, both of them shouted at the top of their voice. She liked his manly roared. After one more tried, they decided to move on to the drop tower. They went to almost all the dangerous looking one, before Ji Hyo decided to go for the tamer ones.

They had shared an ice cream, she knew he wasn’t into sweet and cold stuff but after all the games, they are hot, ice cream seem to be the solution. He blushed when she fed him the first mouth, the cooling ice seemed to take out some of the heat. After the ice cream, she was deciding what she wanted to do next, the Ferris wheel seem a good cooling thing to do. They stepped into a carriage and it climbed its way to the top. He saw more and more of the city, it was a beautiful one and so different from his.

She led him to bumper cars next, she smiled cunningly. He doesn’t know how to drive one, so she keep bumping him, giggling non stop. He was not happy been caught in the situation, after a few observation and tries, he figured out that the wheel would make car move and he started to chase after Ji Hyo. He was a fast learner, she knew, but it still caught her by surprise as he bumped into her intentionally. He grinned in triumph. She decided to move on to a last harmful game, the carrousel. He chose a mount beside hers and they both enjoyed the rides.

“A real horse is better” he commented after the ride.

“You knew how to ride one?” she asked excitedly.

“Of course, I am a captain.”

“Teach me!” she demanded.

“If there is time…” he said. Both knew they will not have the time to it, and their spirit dampen.

“Let’s go and do some more research.” She was unwilling to continue on this topic, she should at least get something right out of this trip.

They took a stroll around the amusement park and found a few pair of couples but these couples couldn't meet her expectation, they weren't even half as sweet as both of them in the amusement park. She gave up and both of them returned to the hostel. He could felt her depression again, but he couldn't help her. He felt useless. Both of them fell into troubled sleep.