Forth day together

Time

She decided to visit family park, the Seoul Children Park seemed to be ideal. She had given up hope on couples, maybe their love would grow thicker when they were married, she hoped. They set off to the children park after breakfast.

They sat at the entrance to the park, observing people entering and leaving the park. He noticed the parents would be happily holding their child hand in theirs and he envied them. The children looked happy. His mother had never took him out for play, she was too busy trying to feed both of them. She also envied the children of this era, they had the love of their parents. Although she had her parents love, she couldn’t enjoyed it freely.

They noticed most of the parents’ attention was on their children, they seldom took notice of each other. Occasionally, one would even glare at their other half for some silly mistake. Most of the other half would look sheepish. “That was cute,” commented Jong Kook. He had enjoyed the more direct display of emotions in this era. There was no need to hide the emotions, the women were especially direct. He found it refreshing. The men were more tolerating to their wife, even if the display of love was not there, care and concern was. “I think that was some kind of love, maybe not the kind you are looking for, but it definitely is love.” He said.

She had to agree, this is not the passionate or romantic love she was looking for, but a more family kind of love, she and her parents enjoyed. She definitely saw more this kind of love in the park. She decided she saw enough and took his hand, she wanted to have a stroll around the park. She looked at the park map and decided to go for the mini zoo in the park. “Let’s go watch some animals.”

He was also curious, there were a lot of the animals he hadn’t even heard before. She held his hand and both of them walked towards the zoo. They saw the different types of monkeys and birds, he was amazed by the animals. They walked towards the furious animal section.

The first animal they met is the lion. He was astonished, the lion and his lioness was lazing on a big rock, but yet he look majestic, the lion eye met his, it had shown no fear. “It could kill an animal bigger if he wanted too, but it usually the lionesses that do the hunting” Ji Hyo explained.

They moved on to the next animal, it was a solitary orange tiger. It was pacing up and down the enclosure. It came near to Jong Kook and he immediately took a liking to it. He could felt the similarity between the both of them, always ready to pounce on their enemy.  He continued to stare at the tiger, his trance broken by Ji Hyo tapping softly on his arm. They moved on to the other animals, they saw cats, foxes, bears and the last animal was 3 elephants. He was amazed by the size of the animal. Ji Hyo looked at his constantly changing expression, he was like a child been introduced to new toy, his dimple showing on his face. She wanted to touch the dimple.

After a round in the zoo, she bought him to the Marine animal park, he was as impressed with the Marine animal park as the zoo. “I would need to bring him to the aquarium” she thought.

After lunch, she was ready for more of her research. They were wandering on the streets. “What kind of love are you looking for?” He asked cautiously.

What kind? That floors her, she hadn’t give it a real thought. “Romantic ones ..” she said her first instinct. “What that’s?” he asked.

“Romantic, one that both the man and woman show that they love each other. I will know when I saw it.” She found she couldn’t exactly answer his question, and walked away, feeling ashamed by her own answer. She didn’t notice a bicycle was coming towards her, suddenly she felt someone pulled her arm and she was in the protection of his arms. She could smell him, a fresh sunny smell. He was thankful he had been alert as the bicycle dashed past them, she was now safely in his arm, her face against him. He could smell her shampoo and her silky hair touched his chin. He held her there until someone brushed against him and broke the spell. He jumped aside, face redden.. She couldn’t denied she had enjoyed been his arm and a bit annoyed at the person who interrupted them.

She reached out for his hand again, she liked his warm hands. “I have to show you what I meant.” She announced. He was busied trying to steady his heart beats, his hands in hers didn’t help with his task. “Where… are … we … going ..now” he stumbled. “Back to han gang!” she declared. “If you wished,” he obeyed.

They reached hangang in no time, she wanted to try cycling. There’s no bicycle in his or her time, so they need to learn how. She pointed to some people cycling past, “Let’s how you do it”, she said. “I saw how they learned, let me show you, get on the bicycle first” He obedient did, he had no idea what to do. “your hands on the handle, and feet on the pedal.” He mimicked what he saw, she was trying to balance him from behind. “Now pedal” he did, he found he would swayed right and left and she was balancing him with great difficulty.

“How about you let me try first” he suggested, getting the general idea. He swayed a bit on his first few minutes and he got his balance and soon he could ride smoothly. It was like riding a house, he could felt the wind in his face when he cycled fast. He turned to look at her in victory and saw her on the bench.

“Ok, your turn” he said. “I will help you balance, don’t worry, I already know how to cycle” She reluctantly get on her bike, he held it steady when she pedalled. After she found her balance, he quietly let go of her bike and she could cycle for a while before losing her balance but he was beside her to catch her and make sure her pretty face didn’t hit the ground. “You are doing great,” he encouraged. But she was annoyed, he had learnt it faster than her.

“Well, not as good as you” she said. They went for a ride when she mastered enough, both enjoyed cycling very much. He stopped suddenly, and pointed to a tandem bicycle, “How about we tried that,” he suggested. She agreed, “Hurray, that’s what I wanted to try too” They switched their bicycle into a tandem bike, he got the front seat, while she seated behind. It was fun for her, she even took a break and let him pedalled for a while, while she enjoyed the scenery.

She saw other couples on tandem bike, some of the men clearly didn’t enjoy doing all the work, she was proud of her man. Well, he technically not her man, but she could fantasise. She felt him slowed down and looked at her, he spoke softly, “look at that couple” she turned her head and saw a couple in their thirties.

The man was sweetly kissing the woman’s hand, the woman was looking into the man’s eye adorably. They looked like they are in love. The man bent down on one of his knee and took out a box from his pocket. He presented it to the woman, asking for her hand in marriage, the woman nodded her head and accepted the ring. The man hugged her in happiness and kissed her, a passionate kiss which lasted for a while.

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo could feel their face redden, they quickly cycled away to give the couple privacy. “Is that what you looking for” Jong Kook asked after they are a distant away. Ji Hyo nodded. “Something like this, a bit sweet, it doesn’t need to be expensive but it needed to show that they are in love.” She answered.

They returned the bicycle and went for their dinner. “Maybe it still a good idea to stroll along the river to see if there are other”, she said uncertainly. With no better idea, they decided to stroll along the river. This time, he held her hand in his and kept walking without looking at her. She smiled, she knew it was difficult for him to do so but yet he did. They found there are couples who seemed to be whispering sweet nothings to each other but none seem to catch their eye.  They would need to do better tomorrow.