Things unsaid

Little Matchmaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone has secrets. Sometimes it's not even you want to keep them from anyone. Sometimes, secrets are just circumstances you do not know how to explain.

Seung hyun's day was pretty typical-- preparing breakfast for Hyuna, having breakfast with Hyuna, helping Hyuna dressed, letting Hyuna dress him, but today, Seung hyun was a strange a mix of emotion, something like proud and sad, because six seems to be such a big number. He could still remember her when she was a baby, and he stayed up all night because Hyuna was a a fussy sleeper, and he had read an article about babies suffocating in their sleep if they turn on their backs. That freaked him out for weeks! Then how gross he felt after one of Hyuna's feeding and he helped her burp and she threw up chunky milk on his shoulder... but oh, how he adored her. Oh, how he loved her needing him so much. There were days, back then, when he would get teary just at the thought of loving Hyuna so much. It was impossible, yet it was true. Hyuna was this little human who couldn't live without him and it only felt quite natural that he felt the same about her. He guesses other dad's would be a little more distant with their children, but he was both Hyuna's dad and mother which sounds all sorts of odd, but at the same time, he couldn't feel more blessed.

So today, her first day at being six and Seung hyun was so proud of her knowing how to walk and talk and dress herself. But also sad because she seemed to be growing up too fast and soon, she wouldn't need him at all. Then what does he do with all this affection and adoration... Hyuna picked his suit jacket, a tan piece paired with a maroon turtle neck and similarly tan pants. She gave him his belt and while he slid it place, Hyuna climbed up the bed and slicked hair gel on her dad's hair.

Seung hyun sighs, "Ah, I am being dressed by my six year old daughter." which again makes him happy and sad at the same time.

"Well, your daughter seemed to have quite the eye for fashion." Daesung, his cousin, remarked casually, leaning on the door frame while sinking his teeth on an apple. "I mean, whoa" Daesung gives them a thumbs up, "Hyung, you look like a million bucks. Are you scared of Hyuna growing up to being a stylist and just meeting all the hot guys and marrying really, really young, huh?"

"What?" Seung hyun's face falls and scoops Hyuna in her arms, and the child naturally wraps her arms around his neck.

Daesung laughs at Seung hyun's horror, "Well you know... children grows up, marries and leave their parents. It's a fact."

Seung hyun grabs his sling bag and draped it across his shoulder. "Fact-shmack." Seung hyun smiles as Hyuna gigles at the word. "Hyuna, who will you love forever and never ever leave."

Hyuna cheers, "Appa!"

"See?" Seung hyun looked at Seung ri in confirmation, "She will never fall in love with another guy."

"Ah, hyung, you're breaking my heart. You should start dating soon." Daesung shakes his head and reaches for Hyuna and takes her in his arms. It was his turn to watch her and take her to school today. "What's up with meeting your first love, huh?"

Seung hyun gives Hyuna their signature kiss and musses up her hair. He looked up to Seung ri, "It's not gonna happen." He chuckles at the memory of Dara calling him her wild tabi cat. "Bye, babe." Seung hyun says as he gives Hyuna a last caress on the cheek.

###

Seung hyun was still feeling this odd mix of emotion. Hyuna texted him "good luck. I love you." from Daesung's phone which made him all emotional. She can read. She can type. She used to say wurb when she wanted to say love. He slumped down on his office chair staring at his phone. Six, huh? Six.

Sandara finds him in this position-- sitting haphazardly while looking kind of pitiful. Is somebody breaking her tabi cat's heart?

"Seung hyun," she calls out and immediately his phone is stowed away, and he is off his chair.

"Good Morning, Miss Park." He bows, but he notes, she looked perfect in her black and white suit with her slim tie tucked inside her suit jacket. Her pencil skirt accentuated her slim legs and the curves of her hips. Sandara the Perfect with her perfect clothes, with her perfect gleaming pointed stilettos,  with her perfect slicked back hair. He was never really into fashion, but he is in the fashion industry... and well, Hyuna always liked watching those models walk up and down a ramp. So he kind of knew that she was wearing a Classique Entier Suit from the Boss Black line with Christian Louboutin Pumps. He was kind of embarrassed he knew these things.

"It's Noona." She whispers and she playfully tilt her head to the clock that told him it was 15 minutes before she becomes his boss. She looked at him expectantly. Seung hyun thinks she always had those expressive eyes. She looked quite excited.

He smiles at her, "Ah, yeah. Good morning, noona."

She claps her hand excitedly, and took him by the arm and led him to her office. "Fifteen minute catch up!" She announces and he chuckles letting her drag him along.

Seung hyun would be lying if he said he didn't feel anything for Dara... she seemed to be enveloped in this mystical light as she fussed over him, laying her things down and asking him if he had breakfast, or if he would like tea, and proceeded to fuss over her tea set. He felt something in his chest. Ah, he thought, it was a nice feeling.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter