Chapter 7

Countryside Life

Jiyeon slowly open her eyes. She badly need to go to the toilet. To her surprise, she found that she sleep on someone’s embrace.

 

The last thing that she remember before she went to sleep is she goes straight to the bed after simple wash, close her eyes and force herself to sleep. 

 

Without Hyomin.

 

Because her roommate is Boram. 

 

She freak out for seconds. Is this Boram that she hug tightly? But this person’s scent is so much like Hyomin. She quickly raise her head and take a look at the person beside her. She blinks her eyes several times.

 

Am I dreaming?

 

She take a closer look and move closer inhaling the scent. It is Hyomin!

 

“Unnie!” She hug the girl beside her tightly.

 

Hyomin open her eyes shocked with the sudden tight hug. “What happened?” She ask with sleepy tone.

 

“Unnie! It’s you!” Jiyeon smiled happily and buried her face on Hyomin’s chest.

 

Hyomin hug Jiyeon back and close her eyes.

 

Jiyeon gasp loudly when she started to remember the reason she woke up earlier.

 

“What’s wrong?” Hyomin ask with closed eyes.

 

“I need to pee” Jiyeon said and broke the hug. She try to get up but Hyomin suddenly tighten the hug.

 

“Unnie, I badly need to pee” Jiyeon look up to Hyomin’s face. She can see the girl’s smirk with her eyes still close.

 

Hyomin didn’t respond to Jiyeon. Instead, she move her leg and pinned Jiyeon legs so the girl can’t move.

 

“Unnie~~” Jiyeon struggle to escape but she can’t move at all. “Unnie please~”

 

Hyomin laugh with close eyes. She then loosen the hug and let Jiyeon go. Jiyeon quickly run to the toilet right after she get off from Hyomin.

 

Jiyeon come back from toilet after a few minutes. She climbed to the bed and snuggle closer to Hyomin.

 

“Unnie” She whisper to Hyomin’s ears. Hyomin didn’t respond.

 

“Unnie” She whisper again. This time Hyomin slightly open her eyes. She pull Jiyeon closer and hug her.

 

“Let’s sleep” Hyomin close her eyes once again and ready to go back to sleep.

 

“Don’t sleep. Talk to me” Jiyeon shook Hyomin’s arm softly begging her to not sleep.

 

“Hmm” Hyomin mumbles with half sleep tone.

 

Jiyeon look at Hyomin’s face. Hyomin didn’t show any sign to wake up so she shook her arm again. Hyomin finally open her eyes. She blinks several times and rub her eyes to chase the drowsiness away.

 

“Unnie, how did you end up sleeping with me?” Jiyeon ask with her eyes fixed at Hyomin’s.

 

“You walk in your sleep again and Boram unnie can’t stand you” Hyomin move her body and sit on the bed. Jiyeon put her head on Hyomin’s lap.

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes cute little girl” Hyomin caressed Jiyeon’s hair and look down to Jiyeon’s face.

 

“I’m not little girl anymore” Jiyeon pouted and crossed her arm. She wear unsatisfied look and glance at Hyomin.

 

“Yes you are. You look like one” Hyomin reached her hand to pinch Jiyeon’s nose but Jiyeon shook her head try to avoid Hyomin’s touch.

 

“Eyy..Should I go back to sleep?” Hyomin fake a yawn and try to slide down to lie down on the bed.

 

Jiyeon quickly stop Hyomin from lie down and sit facing her. “Please don’t go back to sleep”

 

“What time is now?” Hyomin look around to search for her phone but then she remember that she left it at the first room.

 

“It’s 4:30” Jiyeon checked her phone.

 

“Still early. So what’s your plan?”

 

Jiyeon thinks for a while.

 

“Let’s just talk” She finally concluded the plan. “Then, let’s go out to watch the sunrise”

 

“Okay then” Hyomin lean her head on Jiyeon that now sitting beside her.

 

“Unnie, did Eunjung unnie okay with you sleep here?” Jiyeon ask trying to start a random conversation.

 

“She said she understand” Hyomin took Jiyeon’s hand and start to play with it.

 

“She should just let us sleep together from the first place” Jiyeon pouted.

 

“She didn’t know about your weird sleeping habit, you kid” Hyomin reached her hand to pinched Jiyeon’s cheek but the girl move her head avoiding Hyomin’s touch.

 

“Stop calling me kid” Jiyeon pouted again.

 

“See. That’s little kid habit” Hyomin pointed to Jiyeon’s pouted lips. “Plus, you still had baby’s scent” Hyomin move closer and pressed her nose on the side of Jiyeon’s forehead.

 

Jiyeon smiled widely, happy with Hyomin’s action. She put her palms on her face to hide her red’s cheek.

 

They continue with random conversation until it is about time to go out and watch the sunrise.

 

Both of them went out and sit in front of lake enjoying the scene. They can clearly see the reflection of the sunrise on the lake. Once again they took selfie to capture the sweet moments together.

 

“Unnie” Jiyeon called for Hyomin. Hyomin turn to look at Jiyeon. They look into each other eyes before Jiyeon quickly planted a shy peck on Hyomin’s lips.

 

“Ahem” 

 

Both of them quickly turn to look at the source of the sound. Qri stand right behind them with wide smile on her face.

 

“Unnie” Hyomin’s face turn red upon realizing Qri’s presence at the back. She smiled awkwardly to the girl. Then she gave ‘I told you’ look to Jiyeon. Jiyeon just look away to avoid Hyomin’s gaze.

 

“Sorry to disturb you two. We are going back early today. I have some important business to do this morning” Qri smiled to both of them before lean closer and whisper to Hyomin “Wow”

 

“Unnie” Hyomin shyly look away to hide her red cheek. Qri walk back to the house with small laugh and left the two girls blushing hard.

 

“I told you before no this kind of thing in public” Hyomin pinched Jiyeon’s arm.

 

“Ouch! It’s your fault too. I can’t control myself” Jiyeon pouted. Hyomin just shook her head and took Jiyeon’s hand to walk back together to the house.

 

...

 

Hyomin is about to knock the first room’s door to take her belonging when Boram suddenly open the door.

 

“Oo Hyomin. What a right timing. Please wake Eunjung up. I called her like hundred times already but she didn’t even respond” Boram patted Hyomin’s arm and move to the second room.

 

Hyomin enter the room and sit at the bed facing sleeping Eunjung. She shook the girl arm softly. “Jungie, wake up”

 

Eunjung didn’t even flinch. Hyomin try again and raise her voice but still Eunjung didn’t respond. She move closer to shout at Eunjung’s ear but stop when she noticed the girl is sweating.

 

Hyomin put her palm on Eunjung’s forehead and frowned when she noticed the temperature is quite high.

 

She shook Eunjung’s arm harder with worried face. “Hey, are you sick? You are like almost never get sick before”

 

Eunjung open her eyes and shook her head weakly.

 

Hyomin run to the bathroom and get the wet towel and water. She try to wipe Eunjung’s face to cool down the temperature but the girl push it away.

 

“I’m okay” Eunjung try to sit but she can’t make it.

 

“Hey, stay still” Hyomin hold Eunjung’s hand and try again to wipe the girl face.

 

“I said I’m okay” Eunjung try to sit again. Hyomin stopped her and make the girl lie down again. She wipes Eunjung’s face and this time Eunjung just let her.

 

Qri peek at the open door. “Eunjung, are you sick? You look so pale”

 

Eunjung is about to open but Hyomin quickly cut her. “Yes. Unnie, did you brought any medicine. I think Eunjung got a fever”

 

“I think Soyeon has it. Eunjung, can you go back with this condition?” Qri move closer and placed her palm on Eunjung’s forehead.

 

“Hey, I don’t want to be a burden. Let’s just go back this morning” Eunjung weakly said. She feel bad for ruining the original plan to go back that morning.

 

“Okay, let me drive then” Qri offer to drive. She patted Eunjung’s arm as the girl nodded and went out to ask Soyeon whether the girl has medicine with her or not.

 

“Thank you and sorry” Eunjung look away as she said that to Hyomin. Why out of many days, she got a fever today.

 

“Hey you don’t have to said that. You are always there when I got sick. This time, let me take care of you” Hyomin placed the wet towel on Eunjung’s forehead.

 

...

 

They go back with Qri drive them instead of Eunjung. Hyomin accompany Eunjung at Eunjung’s house to take care of the sick girl.

 

“Unnie, I go back home first” Jiyeon walk away when they arrived in front of Eunjung’s house.

 

“Stay with me” Hyomin stop her.

 

“I just want to get some sleep. Don’t worry unnie” Jiyeon smile and patted Hyomin’s arm before she continue to walk away. 

 

Hyomin just watch Jiyeon’s back as the girl walked away. She then enter the house with heavy heart. She has this feeling that Jiyeon didn’t really okay with her offer to take care of Eunjung.

 

Hyomin went to Eunjung’s bedroom and change the wet towel. Eunjung grab her hand and open her eyes.

 

“Thank you” Eunjung said with her hand holding tight Hyomin’s hand.

 

“It’s my responsibility. Plus, there is no one to take care of you” Hyomin caressed Eunjung’s hand.

 

“Where is Jiyeon?” Eunjung ask and look around.

 

“She go back home first” Hyomin frowned and Eunjung noticed it.

 

“Can I ask you something?” Eunjung look into Hyomin’s eyes and tighten the grip.

 

“What is it?” Hyomin look back at Eunjung.

 

“I think there is something between you and Jiyeon. Am I right?”

 

Hyomin lowered her head down. She didn’t answer the question.

 

“Hey” Eunjung lift Hyomin’s face to face her. “Just tell me”

 

“You not mad at me if I say yes” Hyomin said with low voice. She examined Eunjung’s face but she can’t read it.

 

“You didn’t even bother to tell me. That’s hurt my feeling even more” Eunjung loosen her tight grip on Hyomin’s hand and look away.

 

“I’m sorry”

 

“It’s okay if it’s Jiyeon” Eunjung took a deep breath. She understand Hyomin hesitation to tell her about that. She always give warn and beat up any naughty guy that flirt with Hyomin before.

 

“Really?” Hyomin smile widely and took Eunjung’s hand to hold it. Eunjung nodded and smile at her.

 

...

 

Jiyeon went to home by herself. She sit at the bench in front of the house and stare at the sunflowers that she planted together with Hyomin. She unknowingly smile proudly looking at it. She took out her phone and take the photo of the flowers.

 

“Jiyeonnie. You’re home. Where is Hyomin?” Jiyeon’s grandmother went out of the house to water the plants.

 

“She’s at Eunjung’s place” Jiyeon sit back at the bench.

 

“Your mother call me yesterday. She said she can’t reached you. Call her later, okay” Jiyeon nodded and check her phone. There’s quite a lot of missed call from her mother.

 

Jiyeon didn’t has mood to call her mother. She decide to call her this evening. She went to bedroom and sit in front of the desk. Her hand reached for the photo album that placed neatly at the desk. She open it and smile widely looking at the photo. She took all the picture of her kissing Hyomin inside the album with her phone.

 

She lean back on the chair and sigh deeply. It just for a while Hyomin’s not by her side but the emptiness and loneliness has eaten her up. She closed her eyes and take a deep breath. She already grow too attached to Hyomin before she even realised it. 

 

She snapped back from deep thought when suddenly her phone ringing. She pick up the call.

 

“Yes omma”

 

...

 

Hyomin went back home after Eunjung has recovered from her fever. She went straight to the bedroom to look for Jiyeon but she’s not there.

 

“Halmeoni, where’s Jiyeon?” Hyomin ask her grandmother that was busy cutting the flower’s branches in front of the house.

 

“She went out earlier but she didn’t tell me where she go”

 

Hyomin frowned and try to think of any possible place that Jiyeon might go. Considering it’s almost sunset, she goes quickly to the paddy field that she used to go with Jiyeon.

 

As expected, Jiyeon sit in front of paddy field looking far to the front.

 

“Hey” Hyomin greet her and sit right beside the girl.

 

Jiyeon look at Hyomin and fixed her eyes at the girl.

 

“I’m sorry I took too long at Eunjung’s place” Hyomin said with apologetic look.

 

Jiyeon didn’t respond. She just continue to stare at the girl beside her.

 

“Jiyeon ah, are you mad at me?” Hyomin reach for Jiyeon’s hand and hold it.

 

Jiyeon pulled Hyomin closer and hug her. Without word they stay at that position for a while.

 

“What’s wrong?” Hyomin ask after Jiyeon broke the hug.

 

Jiyeon keep shut. She just continue to stare at Hyomin’s face. Hyomin patiently wait for Jiyeon to open up to her.

 

“I’m going back to Seoul the day after tomorrow” Jiyeon finally open . “It’s weird. You are right in front of me but I already miss you so bad” Jiyeon’s voice start to crack.

 

Hyomin widened her eyes in shock. She’s not ready for this. “But why so suddenly?”

 

“I got the offer letter to further my study. I need to prepare myself”

 

“Where?” Hyomin tried best to hold her tears that start to dwelled on her eyes.

 

“Japan” Jiyeon put her head down. It hard for her to believe that she’s going to be apart from Hyomin soon.

 

Hyomin went closer and hug Jiyeon. “I’m going to miss you so bad”

 

...

 

That night, they stare into each other eyes without saying a word. Both of them have so much to say but it just didn’t come out.

 

Hyomin hold Jiyeon’s hand and pressed her nose on it. Jiyeon did the same to Hyomin’s another hand.

 

“Promise me don’t cry” Hyomin break the silent after she realised that Jiyeon is on the verge of crying.

 

“I can’t” Single tear drop from Jiyeon’s eyes. Hyomin move closer and hug the girl.

 

“Please” Hyomin whisper to Jiyeon. She still try hard not to cry. She didn’t want to make it hard for Jiyeon to leave.

 

Jiyeon wipes her tears and take a deep breath to calm herself down.

 

“Unnie” Jiyeon broke the hug and look into Hyomin’s eyes.

 

“Hmm?” Hyomin reached her hand to caressed Jiyeon’s face.

 

“I think I’m addicted to you” Jiyeon said with her eyes fixed at Hyomin’s eyes.

 

They look into each other eyes.

 

“Me too”

 

Both of them lean closer and their forehead touched each other. Jiyeon tilted her face to inhale Hyomin’s breath. Their nose is now touching each other.

 

Both of them close their eyes and let their body to feel each other’s presence in the scent that they inhale. How bad both of them want this moment to stop so they can savour it longer.

 

Jiyeon pressed her lips on Hyomin’s and pull her for a long kiss. Both of them didn’t want to break the kiss thinking about how bad they will miss it when they apart from each other.

 

 __________________________________________________________

 

Dear readers,

Thank you so much for those who read, subscribe, upvote and comment for this fic. You guys really made my day. I want to inform that now I’m going to end this fic. Maybe one or two chapters left.

Have a nice day. :)