Ttalgi's Brother

He's My Husband Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It'd been two days since I'd last seen Myungsoo. The past two days felt like a relief, like my life hadn't changed even though it was about to change drastically. I sent Yubi to school, ran some errands, waited for her return home, and other daily boring tasks. The funny thing was that I didn't find those tasks boring anymore, they were rather relieving.  I was about to marry a man I'd just met, and I wouldn't have gotten into a mess like this if my father was responsible. In a way, I'll always resent him for leaving us. I don't have many memories of him though, he was never around when I was a child either.

When I was at home, I'd kept the ring Myungsoo gave me inside of my bedroom dresser drawer tucked away in it's black velvet box. Even though I was marrying for the sake of Yubi, I didn't know how to tell her that I really was getting married. I knew I'd have to tell her eventually, but I couldn't find the courage to say anything about it. I don't know if she'd understand why I was doing it, or why we'd be leaving home. I just needed to plan out my words before I said anything.

I  sat on the couch waiting for Yubi to return home. I wrapped a blanket around myself and just went through an entire thought process. I usually watched the television, but I had too much on my mind. I was ready to drift off to sleep when Yubi rung the door bell, and I got up to open it for her. The door swung open, and outside was Yubi, Ttalgi, and an adult male. He didn't look over twenty-four, his hair dark and his fringe covering his eyebrows a bit, some strands bothering his iridescent eyes. He wore a light grey jacket, a smile painted on his face. I knew it couldn't be anyone other than Ttalgi's older brother. 

"Ttalgi's oppa walked me home today. " Yubi spoke, and I nodded at her words. Ttalgi gently tugged on her brother's jacket sleeve, looking up at him. They shared  a similar glimmer to their eyes. As he looked down at her, their side profile seemed to match perfectly. 

"Oppa, this is Yubi's sister. Her name is Jangmi, she's a pretty unnie." She said. Ttalgi fixated her gaze onto me, a kitten-like smile forming on her face. She had a very cute charm to her, almost like a cat. Her brother nodded with a light hum, his gaze shooting at me once more. 

"I think so too, Ttalgi. " He said. Ttalgi and Yubi exchanged playful and michievious smirks towards one another, before Yubi gently nudged me. Ttalgi's puppy eyes returned to the gaze of her brother as Yubi spoke.

"Oppa, can Ttalgi play in my house for a while? I don't think Unnie will mind." She said. Ttalgi rested her head against his side, looking up towards him with pouty lips in hopes of coaxing him into saying yes. He raised a hand to pat her head a few times, looking down at her with a loving gaze. Even though I barely knew him or his relationship with Ttalgi, he looked at her with protective and loving eyes. I could tell that they'd been close siblings since Ttalgi was very young, their bond quite present. 

"If Jangmi says it's alright, I don't think I'll mind." He said. Ttalgi and Yubi cornered me with thier gazes, Ttalgi's older brother letting out a light chuckle in responce to the event. I nodded towards them with a grin, and Ttlagi ran past me inside. She and Yubi dashed up the steps, hiding themselves away inside of Yubi's room. 

"Ah, she's so energenic at this time of day. I think I forgot to introduce myself, but I'm Sungyeol. Ttalgi talks a lot about you at home." He spoke, placing his hand out towards me. At his gesture, I placed my hand in his. He'd given it a light shake before pausing, continuing to gaze at me while keeping his hand still. With a soft grin on his face, he pulled his hand away slowly and placed it into his pocket.

"Oh, really? I didn't know Ttalgi would always talk about me. Thank you though, for walking Yubi home and treating her so well." I said, and he shrugged lightly with the grin remaining on his face. His pale dewy glow and dark hair matched quite well together, he was indeed a good looking guy. I could see his features in Ttalgi, they both had this cute charm to them.

"You don't have to thank me, Yubi is growing up wonderfully. Thank you for watch Ttalgi on occassion though. So much goes on in our household, I don't like her being around for all of the stuff that happens in there." He said. I nodded in responce. If it was anything like Myungsoo's corperate family, I understood where he was coming from. 

"Ah, well I understand - you can come in if you'd like. I'm just gonna go start dinner in the kitchen, Yubi usually likes to eat early." I spoke. The sun was beginning to set behind Sungyeol's thin, gentle figure. I moved out of the door way, allowing him to enter. He took his shoes off and placed them out of the way of the door. I tied my hair up into a ponytail, heading to the kitchen before I heard his voice again. 

"I can help you, if you'd like." He spoke. I turned around to look at him, watching him place his grey jacket onto the rack. Underneath he had a simple black t-shirt on, with a slight v to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter