Arrangements

He's My Husband Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was few hours after I sent Yubi to school in the morning when Kim Myungsoo arrived at my doorstep again. Dressed in all black, he kept his gaze fixated on me as his hands were shoved in his pocket. I didn't bother to ask him why he was there, I just followed him back towards his fancy car. My entry  was the same as yesterday, as he held the door open for me and then closed it once I'd sat down. It was the most polite thing he'd ever done since I met him. He sat down in front of the wheel again, grabbing my left hand and slipping a ring onto my finger. The sparkles were almost blinding to my eyes, and he placed the velvet box into my bag. 

"You're marrying me now, so you have to wear that." He spoke. I nodded with a light hum escaping my lips, crossing one leg over the other in my seat. He started up the engine and backed up onto the street, and the car fell silent. Throughout our ride, Myungsoo's phone kept buzzing obnoxiously against the front cup holders he placed it in. 

"Ignore it, it's Naeun. She keeps calling me because she's upset that I chose to marry you." He said, and I rolled my eyes with a light huff.

"Oh my god, could she get anymore desperate? What does she think repeatedly calling you when you're around me is going to do? You're mine now, you're marrying me not her." I spoke, not paying much attention to my statement. Myungsoo stopped sharp at a stoplight, turning his head to look at me. His expression was of dull confusion, before his notorious smirk reto his face.

"I'm yours now, huh? Ahn Jangmi, you're so confusing. Have you fallen for me already?" He left out an airy laugh. I raised my hand to smack his right arm roughly, letting out a soft huff in complete frustration.  I knew that everything else that had come out of his mouth was insane already, but that had to be the craziest thing he'd said.

"EXCUSE ME? YOU THINK I'VE FALLEN FOR YOU ARE YOU KIDDING ME -"

"Yes, I'm kidding. Calm down, you're annoying when you yell at me like that." He said, shifting around slightly in his seat. I wasn't even offended that he found me annoying because I didn't care about what he thought of me. I was marrying him to benefit Yubi, not because I cared for him or his situation. The rest of the drive felt long, the silence between us radiating an awkward vibe throughout the car. We pulled up to a large, beautifully constucted home. I figured he lived there with his parents. 

"My parents want to talk with you because they feel bad for the way they acted towards you last night." He said, and I let out a 'tsk' sound in responce. This stupid arrogant jerk not only was forcing me to marry him, but was dragging me around everywhere with him. I was planning on doing the things I was going to yesterday before he showed up, but he'd dragged me out again. I figured I'd have to push my plans back again. 

I followed Mr.Arrogant up his front steps, and inside of the house. We both took our shoes off, and as I did so I eyed the decore. Clearly, his mother had been the primary decorator of the house. The living room had been a perfectly matched color scheme of greens and chocolate brown. His mother sat on the couch, a mug in hand as her long chestnut brown hair was curled and placed back into a ponytail. She sat in a flowly black dress, and she turned to face me at the sound of the door opening. A light smile was painted on her face. 

Mr. Arrogant's father sat beside his wife in a white suit shirt, his navy blue tie on the table. He kept his eyes on the television as he crossed one leg over the other. I couldn't help but notice the pair of medium grey colored socks on his feet. Myungsoo's mother placed her glass down on the table as he and I approached her and sat on the opposing sofa, his father moving to turn the tv off. 

The room rang with silence as I kept my hands folded in my lap. Myungsoo turned to look at me before his gaze returned to his mother. Looking at her, I saw where he'd gotten his outstanding features. Even the twinkle in her eyes was similar to his, but more dull than the moistened twinkle Myungsoo's g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter