Mr. Arrogant

He's My Husband Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I let out a light sigh as I picked up the landline to call my best friend, Mari. In my hand was an official letter stating that I needed to pay off all the debt in my father's name by next friday. Having an unsteady job and thousands of dollars of debt thanks to my disappearing father, I was tied in a knot about the entire situation. I had just saved up enough to get my cell phone fixed, and it was already dropped off at repair. If I could've save that up a little longer, I'd be able to somewhat pay off my crazy bills.

"Jangmi, have you gotten your phone fix yet?" Mari asked over the phone. I let out a light sigh before switching the phone from my right hand to my left.

"No, but I just got this paper in the mail and I am literally screwed. I have to pay of my dad's debt by next friday, or the government will come to find Yubi and I." I spoke. Yubi was my little sister. Just seven years old, she was the last mark my mother made on this planet before her unexpected passing. I wasn't worried about myself, I was worried about her. How would she grow up with a good education and a normal life if her father's debt was swollowing us whole?

"Oh my god, Jangmi. What are you going to do?" She asked. 

"I don't know, it's not like I'm going to suddenly marry this super rich guy and be able to pay off this debt. Because let's be real, that's the only way this could possibly happen. I can't keep myself at work constantly when I'm the only one around to take care of Yubi. I could be out with a full time job but she's so young, I  can't leave her alone when she's back from school." I said. Mari tried hard to reassure me over the phone, but her job rushed her off within a few minutes. I had to pick my phone up from repair anyways.

The walk towards the shop was dreadful and windy. The autumn breeze hit onto my flushing cheeks as I followed the sidewalk. My hands were tucked inside of my light pink jacket that I'd had since my last year of High School. By the time I made it down to the shop, the sun was beginning to set. 

I payed my fee for fixing the white phone, and stumbled out of the store. I had to be home by the time Yubi's friend, Ttalgi, dropped her off. I never really met Ttalgi, but Yubi got along with her quite well. I thought her name was cute, Ttalgi meaning strawberry. Yubi would always talk about sharing toys with her, saying things such as "Ttalgi let me play with her stuffed cats today, and her oppa walked me home underneath his gigantic grey umbrella." I never met Ttalgi's older brother either, but I asked Yubi to thank him for walking her home often. When Yubi talked about Ttalgi's older brother, he seemed like a wonderful guy. He always told Yubi and his sister stories as he walked Yubi backed to our house. By the way it seemed, her brother would talk to my younger sister as if she was his own sister. I appreciated it, because the only family Yubi had was me.

Caught up in my own thoughts, I wasn't brought back down to the real world until a tall male walked directly into me. Thump. My newly repaired phone smashed face first into the ground. He didn't apologize or bend downwards to pick it up, he just stood there staring at me as the streetlights began to twinkle in the reflection of his eyes. I bent downwards to grab the phone, picking it up and realizing the crack made on the screen. I was ready to fly off the handle, unable to control my anger.

"What you're not going to apologize for bumping into me or breaking my newly fixed phone. Do you know how much this cost m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter