Chapter 1: Minseok

I'm Tutoring A Gummy Bear?

“311.. Room 311…” I huffed under my quick exhales for air. I quickly tapped the hallways skimming the yellow plated numbers on each door.

“Ah. 311! Mr. Lu’s apartment.. I finally found it!” I rang the doorbell twice; thinking that it would be impolite if I pressed it any further I waited until the door opened.

“Coming…” A voice inside called out; I’m guessing that’s Luhan?

‘Luhan. Considered to be one of the weirdest students in Kami High. He doesn’t talk or hang out with anyone basically he’s antisocial. But what’s more intriguing is that no one has seen his face not even the teachers. He wears a medical mask on school and some say that he wears a gummy bear mask at home. Ha! Why would someone- ‘

“O-Oh..” The door slowly creaked open dragging me out of my thoughts; ‘I for myself am excited to see who this ‘weird person’ they’re all babbling about, I mean he can’t be that weird right? A gummy bear mask? Why would someone wear that?’

“Hello! I’m Kim Minseok! From Class B, I’m the one assigned to be your tutor-..” I paused; scanning the kooky figure in front of me. So the rumors we’re true..

HE REALLY IS WEARING A

..

..

..

GUMMY BEAR MASK?!

 

 

------

 

“Mr. Wu! What’s with that person!” I glumly spoke out to my professor who assigned me to this strange task.

“Oh.. So Minseok, how was your first day?” He grinned as smoke came out of his mouth; He’s smoking again.

“Eh. A little nervous. That aside-“

“I guess you also find Luhan a bit strange huh?” He spoke, clearly enjoying his tobacco.

‘Who wouldn’t find him weird?!’

“His gummy bear-” He added.

“Why is he wearing masks anyway?” I asked out of curiosity.

“Don’t know too. But anyhow he’s a great student, so we set that aside. But unfortunately he got sick and now we have to send someone to tutor him for the next couple of weeks.”

‘S-So I’m stuck with this nut bar for weeks?’

“I-I see..” I answered slyly.

“Well, it’s not like he gives the school trouble-“ He paused, placing his cigar on top of the tray.

“Don’t mind small details like that! And you want to earn right?”  He continued and smiled at me as he let out a laugh.

“Yeah..”

‘If only I wasn’t fired from my part time I wouldn’t have to do this weird tutoring job, well I guess this is better, the pay is big so I’m earning as twice as much as my old job.’

 

------

 

“So-Sorry! I’ll solve this equation quickly..!” Luhan exclaimed as he panicked to solve the problem I gave him.

‘Suho did tell me not to mind it... But it’s just impossible to ignore that I’m teaching a person wearing a gummy bear mask...’

“Oh no! It’s okay. Please take your time.” I reassured him and gave a crooked smile.

‘Anyway, where did he even get that mask? I didn’t know you can buy things like that easily.’

“Sorry to keep you waiting.. Please take a look if I solved it correctly.” Luhan suddenly spoke out dragging me out of my thoughts.

“Ah, Yes...” I dragged the paper to my side and inspected his answer.

 ‘Wait. He solved this kind of problem that quick?!’

‘I scanned the solution for any errors or mistakes but there we’re none. This gummy bear is smart, no wonder the teachers like him so much...’

“It’s all correct! Wow! I never knew you we’re this smart Luhan!” I let out a laugh but still amazed at how intellectually advanced this guy was. “You should probably be tutoring me instead!” I continued.

“R-Really?” He then leaned over to my side and looked at his paper. “…Umm I hope I’m not being a bother to you…” He added

“O-Oh No! It’s fine really! It’s my job anyways so you don’t have to worry about anything!” I reassured him with a smile “I just entered this job a few days ago. My name is Kim Minseok. I’m still new so please take care of me!”

“…Oh. Uh, yes.. Please take care of me as well..” He spoke softly almost as if he got embarrassed at what I said.

‘What’s with the pause? I can’t understand his expressions whatsoever…’

 

 

-------

 

“Room 311…” I mumbled to myself as I pressed the doorbell.

‘This has become a daily habit after my classes at school; walking to a stranger’s apartment to tutor him. Moreover this stranger is a tad bit strange for my taste…’

The door slowly opened and Luhan gestured for me to come inside. I stared at his gummy bear mask that has become accustomed for me to see every day.

‘He’s like that every time I come here... Doesn’t it get hot in there? Speaking of which, he doesn’t wear this all day long does he..?  And it’s almost summer.’

“Um... There’s no elevator here... It must be tiring and hot walking up three floors. Sorry.” He suddenly spoke out which startled me again. Well one thing that I’m not accustomed to, is him speaking out of the blue.

“Oh! No, it’s fine! It’s work and I’m used to it!”

‘…Again. The weird pause. Although it’s always been this way. If you have something to say, please just say it!’

“Um. Can you please wait here for a moment?” He asked and gestured for me to sit on the sofa.

“Sure.”

“I’ll be right back...” He then left to the next room and left me in the living room wondering what’s all this about. This is the first time he talked to me first.

“Luhan…”

‘I wonder what kind of person he is. It seems like he’s living alone in this apartment. Anyway why does he wear that gummy bear mask? Maybe he like’s cosplaying? Then why just the head? He doesn’t want people to see his face? Is that it? M-Maybe he’s a wanted criminal or something!? M-Maybe he’s in the other room... Sharpening the knife he’s going to use to kill me!’

I almost jumped from where I sat as the door slowly opened.

“Thanks for waiting. I hope I didn’t take that long..” He said as if a wave of panic went past him. “If you would like, please have this...” He exclaimed as he passed a glass of juice(?)

“It’s chilled well” He added as he clattered the ice inside the glass. And then there I was staring at his hand holding the cold glass of drink.

I sighed, thinking how stupid I was for thinking he was a murderer or something.

“Thank you.” I said as I nabbed the cold glass from his hands.

“You’re welcome...”

‘W-Wait... What if there’s poison in this?! I-Is it because he found out that I knew he real identity?! N-No that can’t possibly be true.’

I shook my head brushing off my paranoia, then sniffed the drink.

“What is this? It smells really good. Is this tea?” I blurted out as the smell of grape dug into my nostrils.

“Um. It’s grape tea.”

“Grape tea? Oh this must tasty!”

“I hope you like it…” He exclaimed as he played with his hands; as if he was nervous as to how I would react to his beverage.

“I’ll help myself to this then!”

After a few gulps I finished the grape tea; I couldn’t control myself! This grape tea was just too good!

“Wo! It’s really tasty! Did you make this by yourself?”

“Umm. Yes.”

“Wow! That’s awesome! It was good thanks for the treat!” I smiled at him.

….

….

….

“…You’re welcome”

‘Again with that pause...’

“Let’s start the tutorial then!” I placed the empty glass on the table and turned to my side to nab the textbooks out of my backpack.

‘He didn’t say anything like always, that made me a bit uncomfortable; I kept wondering if he was with me or not in this ride.’

“We’re doing calculus today. This might take longer than our usual lessons but-“

He suddenly grabbed my hand which startled the heck out of me, and gave it a gentle squeeze afterwards.

“I-I hope you won’t get tired c-coming here.. I-I mean tutoring me! Y-Yeah Tutoring me..” He said

‘It was clear that what he just said he was pretty shy about it. His ears looks like it’s about to pop from all the redness I bet his face is the same too..’

I couldn’t help myself but giggle.

‘He’s so honest..’

“Don’t worry, I won’t.” I gave him a sincere smile afterwards, and then we started the tutorial just like we always do.

 

 

 

AUTHORS IRRELEVANT TRASH WORDS: (but read it anyways!! hehe)      

Hello. Hi. This is my second fanfic that I’ll be posting here -u-/ and I’m going to continue this one ‘till the end. I have already prepared the sequence and stuff so that it won’t take long to update. AND BTW BTW TO THOSE WHO WERE READING POP? MY OTHER FF? I AM SO SORRY ;-; BUT I AM GOING TO UPDATE IT TOO, SOON. I AM TRULY SORRY. COLLEGE LIFE IS REALLY HARD FOR A 15 YEAR OLD GUY. WELL, TO SUM IT UP I DON’T HAVE TIME TO DO ANYTHING ;-; (NO SOCIAL LIFE UGH BUT THAT’S OK I HATE PPL ANYWAY AHAHAHA ANIME AND KPOP FOR LYF) SO AGAIN, I AM SORRY, I WILL TRY MY BEST TO UPDATE POP IF I HAVE TIMEE! THANKS FOR READING! (:

And about the story cover! I found it on a friends phone and thought that it would be adorable as a story cover! I’m pretty sure that it’s not hers, so to the original owner of the photo? I GIVE ALL THE CREDITS TO YA! AND I’M SORRY FOR NOT ASKING PERMISSION! I TRIED LOOKING FOR YOU ON TUMBLR! (That’s where he said he found it, but I couldn’t :’(