Chapter 2: Gummy

I'm Tutoring A Gummy Bear?

“Teacher! I’ll be on my way!”

“Be careful!” Mr. Wu waved goodbye as I left the faculty office.

‘Today marks the third week of my tutorials with Luhan. If you’re wondering who Luhan is; well we go to the same High School: Kami High, and because of his sudden illness I have to tutor him for a month.’

‘That’s not the problem. Nope. That gummy bear mask is the problem. That is the main point. …But although I can’t see his face, so therefore I can’t really conclude what he’s thinking. But I can presume that he’s not a bad person…’

----

I arrived at Luhan’s apartment building and continued onward towards the stairs, there I saw a tall and lean young man playing with a cat. His body build reminded me of Luhan’s.

‘There are many guys that are like Luhan… I wish I was tall like them…’

As I drew closer to the stairs he noticed my presence and jolted from where he was sitting; scaring the cat he was playing with earlier. His eyes widen and his face turned to a shade of red as if he saw me stripping my clothes off. He quickly stood up and dashed towards the stairs leaving me there alone and confused as to why a stranger would act like that.

“….What? What was that just now?”

‘Don’t tell me… That was!’

“W-Wait! Luhan?!”

I quickly chased him and ran as fast as I could. ‘That person just now was…’ I arrived at his door catching for my breath; I hastily pressed the doorbell twice waiting for the person inside to open up.

“I-It’s Minseok! Your tutor! Please open up!” My hand then curled into a fist and knocked on the hard wood.

The door then slowly creaked open and there he was wearing his gummy bear mask panting and catching for his breath.

“S-Sorry to.. keep you wa-waiting..” He stuttered and leaned on the side of the door.

“Umm. Just now. Downstairs?” I asked; clarifying things out.

“Wha-What are you talking about?”

“The person playing with the cat. That was you wasn’t it?” I asked; demanding a clear answer from him.

“U-Uh… Aren’t we going to talk about Trigonometry today? Let’s start! Let me give you a hand with those books!“ He then reached for the paper bag that I held.

“You’re changing the topic! That was you, wasn’t it?!” I placed the paper bag behind my back.

“Le-Let’s start the lessons!” He exclaimed as he reached for the paper bag that was behind me.

“N-No! Luhan!”

We ended up playing tug of war on my small worn out paper bag; neither of us giving in Luhan decided to give a sudden push to it that led to the two of us falling down on the hard concrete.

“Ow..!” I sat upright and dabbed the back of my head with a gentle press of my hands. I slowly opened my eyes and there I noticed that the gummy bear mask rolled over to my side; I looked up and there I saw, finally, his face. He looked down scanning the hard concrete floors where my workbooks scattered.

“Y-Your books! Oh no! I-I’m really sorry!” Luhan exclaimed as he rushed to pick up my workbooks. I just stared at him as he picked up every single book that was on the ground; as if I was in trance at what I just saw.

“No! It’s my fault!” I shook my head, snapping myself off of my daydream and helped Luhan.

“Some of them got dirt all over…” He uttered to himself as he piled the books he picked up. I was able to pick up two of the seven books that was in the paper bag, the rest was in Luhan’s hands, he then nabbed the two books from my grasp and packed it inside the paper bag. “Um. H-Here…” He then passed it over.

“Thank you, Luhan. But… I’m truly sorry for being pushy about your mask, I promise to never do it again!” I exclaimed; regret was clear to hear.

“No. It’s alright.” He then smiled at me, an expression I never imagined this person could do.

‘He’s really… beautiful… Why would he hide such an angelic smile?’

“Oh. Also. Here.” I picked up the gummy bear mask by my side and handed it over to him.  He stared at it for a while, it’s as if he was processing what I was holding.

“H-Huh?! Wha?!” He grabbed his face, and wondered where his mask went.

‘He didn’t notice that it fell?!’

“Wahhh!!” He then ran inside his apartment, slammed the door and clicked the lock.

‘W-What?’

I made a loud thud on his door as I curled my hand into a fist. “Luhan! What about the tutorials! Please open the door! This will be troublesome for you and me! Luhan!” I screeched and continued to reason further with him.

The door slowly opened and there he was wearing a paper bag over his head. “P-Please come inside…” He uttered. I then walked inside as he ordered and closed the door behind me. ‘I really want to ask him about his mask… It may be too personal for me to ask? But… I’ve been with him for weeks, I guess I can ask that?’

“Luhan, I have a question to ask. Why are you wearing masks?”

He didn’t answer and continued to walk towards the kitchen, I followed his footsteps and continued on. “Is it because you’re hiding your face? But I’ve already seen it already, so there’s no point in hiding it.”

Strange ideas we’re flooding my mind as to why he would he would hide his face. “Don’t tell me you’re some kind of star?” I bluntly asked.

“W-What?! Of course not! That’s not it…” He answered as he waved his hands.

The paper bag then slipped off of his face revealing a flustered face, red as a firetruck. I couldn’t help but bring myself close to him and stare at his features.

“You have such a good looking face. It’s such a waste to hide it.” I exclaimed giving a sincere smile. I don’t know why but his face turned into a darker shade of pink and he stepped back giving a little bit of distance between me and him.

“Sorry if I’m being nosy. I’m just your tutor after all.”

As if offended at what I just said he jolted from where he was standing. “Minseok…! H-He isn’t just my tutor!”

“Huh?”

“W-Well… Umm..” He then covered his face with his hands as he tried to speak. “I’m shy around others…!”

There I realized what he was trying to say. “Don’t tell me that’s your reason for wearing these?”

“Yes….” He uttered

“Really?” I asked again; this time he nodded in response.

“Pffft. AHAHAHAHAHA!” I couldn’t help myself but laugh my heart out.

“Why are you laughing….” Luhan asked; confused.

“B-Because.. I kept thinking what kind of crazy explanation you had for wearing these! I didn’t really expect this!” I continued on laughing; I felt bad for laughing really.

“S-Sorry! I’m just your tutor anyways…” I said wiping the tears off of my eyes.

“I-…”

“I care about this very much!” Luhan suddenly voiced out.

“It’s because… I’m like this… I don’t have any friends… So when you come here everyday, it makes me really happy…” He continued. “I care about Minseok… A lot..” He added.

I walked over to his side and grabbed his hands that we’re covering his flushed face. “Luhan. Are you perhaps lonely?”

 

 

 

A/N

E-yo. Update!! It’s the first day of the semester but there’s already so much work to do D’: I typed this in quickly so there might be some errors. Please do correct me if you notice a few. I’ll be doing some reviewing for tomorrow so I won’t be able to update ;-; But don’t worry! Hehe I think I’ll post the update on Wednesday or Thursday. Thanks for reading!!!! (: