Bears could be the love of my life too

Beauty and the beast

*waaawaaa

I scrunched my nose and groaned into the pillow in annoyance as i heard something whimpering. I squeezed my eyes tight together and threw a tantrum when the sound of baby crying got even louder.

Wait a sec... Baby?!

As realization hit me, I instantly jolted out of my bed and looked around my surrounding. I was home, nothing strange... I froze when i heard baby crying somewhere in the house.  

I scratched my disheveled hair before walking to the direction where the baby's voice came from. I stopped in front if the door of the guest's room because the sound of the baby came from the otherside of the door.

Why was there a baby in my house? The bigger question was, whose baby was it? I placed my hand on the knob before turning it cautiously. Inside the room stood a wooden crib I hadn't seen before, and I found myself approaching the foreign object.

I noticed a visible bump in the crib, and flinched slightly when it moved. Then the bump began whimpering loudly.

When I was standing right beside the crib I looked into it, staring at the baby that was hidden under a layer of blanket. He looked like he was struggling with the blanket covering his face so I reached out to pull the blanket off his head.

"Woah!" I jumped backwards in complete and utter horror when I saw the baby's face. "B-bear!" I exclaimed while pointing at the creature lying in the crib.

"Honey what's wrong?" I froze when I heard a voice behind me.

I felt the person behind me approaching me before I saw it's furry beastly hand reaching out to carry the baby bear. "You're scaring our baby." It said as it rocked the baby back and forth.

"O-o-our b-bab-baby?!" I asked pointing at the bear in her hands in shocked. "OMG!"

 

"Oh Ma Gad!!" My eyes widened open and I jolted up. I blinked several times, noticing I was in my bedroom. No baby sounds. No bears. It was a freaking dream. 

I sighed and wiped the sweat forming on my forehead. My felt my phone vibrating violently on my night stand and I reached out to take it. 'Bearstal' and a picture of a fierce bear was displayed on my phone.

"Hello." I said right after picking up the call.

"Aren't you coming to school?" Came her cold reply. 

"Huh?" I pulled the phone away from my ear and looked at the time. " I'm late." I quickly jumped off my bed and began changing into my uniform hastily. "Call you back baby." I was too busy changing I didn't realized I had unconsciously called her 'baby'. When I finally realized she had hung up on me.

Why the did I call her that? I scolded myself mentally while blushing furiously.

..............

 

"So our beloved Amber Liu decided to show up at the end of the class today." Our physics teacher mocked as I walked in as he was about to leave the class.

"Sorry." I winked at him playfully before he gave me a disapproving glare and a detention slip.

"Hey, troubles' here!" Kai told me with a frown as I walked to my place. I rolled my eyes at him.

"It's not my first time getting into detention for being late." I said nonchalantly before popping down my seat. I looked at my phone and I realized it was already lunch time. No wonder the students were all heading out the class...

"Hey!" Kai clapped his hands in front of me, snapping me out of my thoughts and I frowned at that. "What I meant was Suho is back." He exclaimed and eyed me worriedly.

"Who the heck is Suho?" I asked with my brows knitted together trying to recall a guy named Suho.

"My gosh." Kai smacked his forehead. "Suho is Krystal's first ever boyfriend when they were in junior high. He moved to states last year and now he's back!" 

"So?" I shrugged my shoulder and raised my brow.

"So?! You should be worried ing sick man! He's the only guy Krystal ever dated longer than a month!" Now that was starting to make me uneasy.

"They broke it off didn't they." I tried to sound as nonchalant as possible but in reality I wasn't even sure what in was feeling anymore. Why did I felt so threatened and uneasy? I was going to break up with Krystal Jung anyway... 

"Well, they had to. From what I heard, Suho is pretty much still very into Krystal. Man you gotta look after your girl." He warned. 

That's good. Then I wouldn't be worried I would be hurting Krystal when I break things up with her, right? I woudn't be worried about having bear babie...Then why was something tugging my heart and stomach?

"Whatever." I tried dismissing my odd feelings by shaking my head. "Lets head to the cafeteria, I'm starving." I said, tr

ying to change the topic.

While heading to the cafeteria, I couldn't help but thought about this Suho guy and my Krystal. Wait, MY Krystal? Since when the hell did I started proclaiming her as mine?

"Hey, quick!" I heard some students as they were rushing their way to the cafeteria. "I heard Suho, that handsome senior who just came back from the states is about to claim Krystal once more." 

"What?" Kai exclaimed aloud and nudged my side roughly. "Your girl is being snatched."

I kept quiet and fastened my pace as we neared the cafeteria. There was a huge commotion going on there and there was a crowd in the middle of the cafeteria. I walked to the crowd, curious on what the hell was happening. In the center of the crowd stood Krystal and a unfamiliar guy. That must be Suho. I must admit, he looked very attractive and he had a well built body any girl would ever drool over. 

"I'm sorry Suho, but I'm in a relationship now." Krystal said coldly, and my heart fluttered in joy at her cold treatment towards her ex.

"Oh Krys, I know you're still into me." That douchebag said with a sly smirk on his face. "I know you're dating that dyke." What the ? Did he just- 

"Don't call her that!" Krystal snapped angrily. 

"Woah woah chill." Suho had both his hands up as his smirk broadened. "You're just dating her for her looks. I admit she looks not too shabby, but I'm hundred times better looking than her."

"I don't date people just for their looks." Krystal stated clearly, her voiced showed no hesitation.

"Oh is that so?" Suho chuckled in amusement. I was starting to get sick by this guy's rotten personality and was about to head over and hit his teeth off his mouth when he continued. "How about her? You think she dates you not cause your pretty?" I froze in the spot, so did Krystal. "You think that dyke likes your ugly personality? You think anyone would like your bossy, y and self centered self?" 

That struck me hard in my head. Wasn't I the same as the douchebag? Didn't I fell for her because of her looks? Didn't I wanted to break things off with her immediately after she turned into a bear? I was never into stuff like relationship after my ex broke up with me, but why did I had the courage to try things out with Krystal? Ah, it was that time....

 

 

Flashback...

Man, that girl sure was a heck of a physco. I winced at the bleeding spot at my arm where one of my admires had scratched when she tried to touch me. Man, there might leave nasty scars... I stopped in my tracks and his behind the wall when I saw Krystal Jung, the biggest babe in our school, and Minho, his current boyfriend, at the end if the empty staircase. What were they doing there alone? Making out? Hot times? Man, this Minho guy was so damn lucky to have Krystal as his girlfriend...

"Lets break up." I was pulled back into the shocking reality when Krystal spoke coldly. What? 

Didn't they only started dating a few days back?

"What?"Minho seemed equally shocked as well as he looked at Krystal incredulously with his mouth ajar. 

"You hear me." 

"Wait, why?" Minhi frowned, his brows connected as he stared at the blank Krystal. 

"Sorry." Krystal said, her face showed no emotions.

"." Minho cursed. "You're really a cold huh? You know what? I have enough of you bossing me around anyway!" Minhi scoffed angrily before stomping away, leaving Krystal standing there alone. 

What happened next shocked me to the very core, Krystal cried. THE infamous ice princess cried, and she sat at then stairs sobbing. Why did she cried? She liked him? Then why would she still break up with him? 

I thought this popular queen bee never had any emotion, I thought she never felt anything when she dumped her endless lists of boyfriends... who knew she could be this... vulnerable and fragile...

My show made a squeking noise when I was turning to leave, alarming the frying princess as she stood and glared at me. I gulped the lump in my throat and stepped backwards as she advanced forward. My back touched the wall and I realized I was trapped. I blinked nervously when I saw her reaching into the pocket of her skirt and fished out something. I squeezed my eyes shut, readying for anything that was about to come and I was very shocked when I felt something soft on my arm.

 I opened an eye to peek at what she was doing and I was even more surprised to find her wrapping a handkerchief on the bleeding spot on my arm.

"E-eh.." I was speechless. Who knew this girl could be so kind hearted? I honestly thought she was gonna pull.out a knife to stab me in the stomach.

"You're bleeding. Treat it before it get infected." She said and her heels after she had finished wrapping the handkerchief on my arms. I touched the spot and I felt my heart beating beating faster. She stopped halfway and turned over her shoulders to glare at me. "Don't tell anyone about what happened or else you'll be death, stupid." She stuck her tongue out at me before walking away. Cute.

End of flash back...

 

That's right, I never did fell for her looks in the first place...

I felt my pair of legs moving on their own and within seconds, I found myself standing in front of Krystal, facing Suho who still had that wicked smile plastered on his face.

" off." I told him sternly. I knew I was never a great person to began with. People never treated me good and I understood that. That was why I was shocked when Krystal helped me with my arm that day, and she didn't even knew me back then. "I don't like her for only her looks like what you said, you er. I like Krystal for who she is." I clarified while glaring at him. "I like her cold bossy personality, and I like it when she glares at me. I like it when she calls me stupid, and I like it when she acts like she doesn't care w

hen in reality she does." 

 

"What are you doing standing there?" 

"Thank you stupid."

"Well, I don't like people talking bad about what's mine." 

 

"I like her because of everything that makes her, her. She's the most caring and lovely person you'll ever met. So don't you dare talk bad about her when you don't even see the little things that makes her so lovable." Suho's eyes were wide, as well as the people around us in the cafeteria.

I turned around to face my princess. Funny how I used to see her as a ugly beast and now... even as a bear, she still looked like the most gorgeous thing on earth.

"Krystal Jung, beauty or beast, I still like you the same. Because to my eyes, even if you look like a bear, you'll still look like the love of my life. I like... I love you." I said softly, pouring all my heart and emotion into the last sentence as I stared at her lovingly. 

"Amber..." She whispered. "I l-love you too." My heart skipped as I leaned forwards, slowly closing the distance between us. When my lips touched her, I felt electricity surging through my every system and butterflies bursting through my stomach. Funny how I refused to kiss Krystal just the other day and now I here I was kissing the bear in front of everyone.

Claps errupted from the crowds around us as we broke the kiss. I was shocked when I opened my eyes, Krystal was... Krystal again. The human Krystal. The pretty Krystal... But it didn't matter to me anymore. Beauty or a beast, she's still the Krystal Jung I love.

 

 

..............................

 What do you think? Too cheesy and dramatic? Pls comment and let me know what you readers think. 

 

Thanks for reading, subscribing and voting this fic!! You guys are the best!