Bear could be angels too

Beauty and the beast

"Hey, are you alone?" I lifted my head to look at the three girls circling me, and examined them one by one briefly. "Wanna hang out with us?" The girl standing in the middle asked what seemed to be seductively but it didn't fazed me at all. Instead, I rubbed my chin and shaking my head disaprovingly.

"Try getting rid the layers of makeup you guys are wearing first." I remarked and their eyes widened in shock. 

"What?" One of them spoke while lookin at me incredulously. "Are you serious?" I shrugged. I was only speaking the truth. The amount of makeup they were wearing were practically covering their whole faces. "What a jerk." All three of them stuck their middle fingers at me before turning on their heels and walked away in unison.

"Isn't that kinda cruel?" I heard someone commented behind me and I instantly knew who it was without turning my head to look at the person. She appeared in front of me a few seconds later and I looked at her from head to toe. The people on the streets were all loking at her, amazed by her outstanding look. But to my eyes, she looked exactly like a bear wearing a frilly tiffany blue dress. It would;ve looked good on her if she was her old self.

"You look..." I struggled to find the right words. "Your dress looks nice." 

"You are supposed to compliment me, not the dress. But thanks anyway." She sent me a deadly glare before stretching her hand out.

"What?" I looked at her out stretched hand with a brow raised.

"You're supposed to hold my hand, stupid." She said with a straight face. I gulped the lump in my throat before taking her hand in mine shakily. Her hand felt hairy and ticklish against mine, and i found myself staring at our attached hands every now and then. What was this odd feeling in the pit of my stomach?

"You want ice cream?" I asked as we passed by an ice cream stall. i felt Krystal's hand tightened around mine as she nodded her head eagerly. I chuckled a little at her cuteness... Wait, CUTE? Something must've messed up with my brains. I shook my head vigorously. 

"Are you okay?" My eyes widened when Krystal cupped my face and stared deep into my eyes. 

skljfhslkjdfhslkdjfhsafdljh!!!!!!!!

"I'll go buy ice cream!" I exclaimed before sprinting my way to the stall. "T-t-two v-v-vanilla p-p-please!" I said leaning against the stall, breathing ragingly. The woman at the stall stared at me weirdly.

"Are you okay sir?" 

"Y-y-yes." I said and gestured her to get to work quickly. When she walked away to scoop the ice cream for me, I clutched my chest and tried to slow down my breathing. "What the hell is wrong with me?" I murmured softly to myself. I felt my heart beating violently against my chest. Calm down. Calm down Amber! You were just shocked that the beast's face was so close to yours just now.

"Here." The woman handed me two cones of ice cream and I nodded a thanks before hurrying back to Krystal. 

 ...................

I rubbed my chin, a habit I had picked on when examining people, and stared at the figure in front of me thoughtfully. She twirled around, before looking expectantly at me.

"Not good." I commented while shaking my head and her shoulders slumped.

"This is the eleventh outfit I tried on." She said while glaring at me. "Seriously what's good enough for you?" 

"This outfit exaggerates your fur too much." I said without thinking.

"Fur?" 

"I think long sleeves suit you more." I told her before going through the clothes in the store and pulled out various long sleeved shirt and dresses. 

"Ugh, I hate long sleeves stupid." She whined when I stuffed the clothes I had picked into her arms. "And why are the clothes you picked all so dark?" She grimaced.

"Wearing light colour clothes will just make you look even bigger than you already are." I blurted out. 

"Big? I am big?" She looked at me, apparently offended by what I had said. I was about to explain myself before Krystal kills me when we heard a couple of saleswomen talking behind us.

"What a picky boyfriend."

"Eventhough he has the looks but he's personality is such a turn off."

"I know right, I can't stand boys like that. Girls dress to impress, you don't just make them feel self conscious." 

I stood rooted while listening to them talking behind our backs. 

What the hell? What is their problem anyway? Mind your own business women. 

I knew I wasn't  the best girlfriend/boyfriend out there but that was just how I lived since young. You can't blame me for having high standards.

I had never been in a long term relationship, my previous girlfriend left me because she said my standards were too high and she couldn't take the pressure being with me.

Since then I didn't take girls seriously, never been into a serious relationship. Well, not until I met Krystal Jung that is. I met her that day....

"Shut up es." I was snapped back into reality when I heard Krystal's menacing voice. I saw her approaching the sales ladies in rage with her hands clenching inti fists.

"M-miss..." The sales ladies were terrified as Krystal sent them them her infamous deadly glares.

"Don't you dare talk about my lover like this when you don't even know her in the first place." She said coldly. "She's better than any of your boyfriends could ever be!" Krystal snapped harshly before turning in her heels and stomped out the store, not before grabbing my wrist and pulling me along of course.

I stayed quiet and let her pull me as I stared at her huge furry back. In that moment, everything went in slow motion and to my eyes, she looked like an angel. A bear angel that is. But still, my heart couldn't help but skipped a few beats and my stomach did a few flips flops. 

"Thanks." I told her sincerely when we stopped at the bus station. She had released my wrist so I took her hand and intertwined them. She looked to the other direction and scoffed.

"Well, I don't like before talking bad about what's mine." She said with pride. I chuckled lightly before climbing in a bus and stretched out a hand when she was about to climb up.

"Let me help you, princess." She giggled at the mention of the word 'princess' before sticking out her hand and took mine. 

The rest of the journey home, we sat behind the bus sleeping. Her head on my shoulder and mine on top of hers. Our hands intertwining.