Bear is not good for my health

Beauty and the beast

*sigh

I rested my chin  my desk and sighed for what seemed to be the thousandth time today. 

"What's with the long face? Be happy, you're dating THE Krystal Jung." Kai appeared right behind me and ruffled my hair, making me groaned in annoyance.

"You'll be sighing if your girlfriend turns out to be a bear." I muttered under my breath before letting yet another long sigh.

"What?"

"Nothing." I waved my hand in a dismissive manner.

"Say," Kai pulled a chair out from the desk before mine and plopped himself down on it facing me. "How is it like to be dating the hottest girl in school?" Kai asked with wide eyes filled with amusement.

Well, it felt exactly like how it was supposed to feel dating a huge ugly bear. A spoilt bratty one not to mention...

"It felt great." I said instead. Biggest lie ever. 

"Of course it feels great. Tell me more in details." He scooted his chair closer to me and eyed me with interest. 

"There's nothing more to be told." I pushed his face away while rolling my eyes at him. 

"Yah, don't be so secretive man." Kai pouted. "You're dating the Krystal Jung man! Now that's big deal. People are around betting if you guys would last or not." He clamped his mouth shut with his palms right after he realized what he had said but it was too late. I eyed him with my brows arched while he sat rigid looking everywhere but me.

"People what?" I deadpanned. "People are betting on how long we will last?" I asked incredulously. What were people doing nowadays? Were they that lifeless betting on other people's personal matters?

"Well you see," Kai released his hand on his mouth and sighed. "Krystal Jung never takes relationship seriously. The longest she was in relationship was about two weeks." He said, showing me his index and middle finger to prove his point. 

"Well that's relieving." I mumbled under my breath while nodding my head slightly. That meant she would never commit in serious relationship. That made things much easier if I were to break up with her in the future... 

"What?" He looked at me with a brow raised. I shook my head and muttered a curt 'nothing'.

Krystal never took relationship seriously huh? I wasn't really surprised with that. She was a real looker,she could have a million guys lining up wanting to be her suiter easily. No kidding. I would be one of those guys if she didn't turned out looking like a bear, to my eyes at least. What a bummer. I couldn't and wouldn't date girls who looked like THAT for the rest of my life...

"Hey." I snapped out of my thoughts when I felt an arm around my shoulder. I stared oddly at Kai as he inched closer, his lips were only a few inches away from my ear. "Have you and Krystal kissed?" He asked, almost teasingly and my eyes widened at the thought of kissing Krystal.

Wait, wasn't that like kissing a bear? A bear! Wouldn't that nose stick to my face? Ew, those fur would pprobably felt ticklish on my skin. No. No way in hell. I could never in my life kiss a bear.

"No way!" I denied and stood up hastily. I gagged a little at the thought of kissing the beast.

"Woah, chill bro." Kai quickly pulled me back down while muttering an apology to the other students who were staring at us. "What is wrong with you?' He looked at me as if I was an alien. 

"Nothing... I was just.... weirded  out?" He raised a brow at that.

"Of what? Kissing Krystal?" He asked, shock evident in his tone. "Why? It's every guys' dream to kiss Krystal." 

"I don't know." I shrugged. Maybe cause she looked like a bear to my eyes.

"You're weird dude-" He paused and stared behind me for a moment. I got curious at what he was staring so I turned my head  over my shoulder. At the door stood Krysta the beast, with her arms crossed leaning against the door looking at me. She gestured me over with her finger and I stood hesitantly before approaching her with an awkward smile.

"Hey." I said forcing  bright smile. My eyes involuntarily darted down to the bear's mouth and I cringed a little remembering the thought of kissing THAT.  "What got you here?" 

"Uhm." She figeted with her paws and I noticed her holding something. "This is for you, for yesterday. You better eat it." She shoved a lunchbox to my face before scurrying away, leaving me standing there alone rubbing my nose where I just got hit 

What the hell was that? 

When lunch time rolled in, I took the lunchbox and walked to my usual table. I say comfortably at my spot and chatted with some of my friends before i uncapped the lunchbox.

"Woah." 

"What the hell is that Amber?" Henry grimaced while glancing at the contents of the lunchbox Krystal made me. That bear. Was she trying to kill me with these? I took a spoon in my hand to scoop the rice but it was so burnt it wouldn't even budge.

"Is that charcoal?" Kris joked and they laughed. I glanced at Krystal's table just across ours through my peripheral vision and I noticed Krystal's head hanging low. That bear probably heard what these idiots said. 

"Gosh, you really eating those stuff?" Kai looked at me incredulously as I began stuffing those inedible thing into.my mouth. My gosh, these tasted like ! , whatever!

.............

 

"You have an upset stomach, probably food poisoning." The nurse said while I clutched my stomach, wincing slightly at the pain. "Here, take this pill and rest here in the infirmary until you feel better." Man, I knew I shouldn't have finished all those yucky stuff. 

"Thanks." I muttered and took the pills from the nurse before gulping them down along with some water. I climbed onto one of those beds weakly and laid there rubbing my aching stomach. Damn it, thanks for poisoning me you fugly bear. I'm breaking up with her by this week, I swear!

"Amber." I jolted in shock as the curtains around my bed was pulled open, revealing a brunette furry creature. Speak of the devil. "Stupid." I quirked an eyebrow at that and stared at her incredulously. How could this damn bear still call me stupid after making me suffer like this? 

"Wha-" I was about to rant but was cut off when the bear suddenly pulled me into a bone crushing hug. "H-hey!" I tried pushing her off me but she wouldn't budge. Eventually I gave up on trying to pry her off me and i felt her arms around me loosened a bit.

It felt oddly soothing being hugged by a bear, her fur against my skin term cozy and warm. I found myself wrapping my arms around her big frame and pulling her closer to me.

"Thank you stupid." I heard her whispered against my ear and I closed my eyes and hummed a short respond.

Then something dawned into me... I was hugging a bear. But that wasn't what shocked me the most, it was the fact that I found myself feeling okay about it. And I actually.felt quite good hugging her. 

Immediately I broke the hug and looked at my lap trying to hide my burning cheeks.

 

"Amber?" I felt something hairy touching my cheek and I darted my eyes to the side to see a paw caressing my face. Instinctively I slapped the paw away, immediately regretted on what I did when I saw hurt in her eyes.

 

"S-sorry." As i thought, I couldn't be dating a bear after all...