02 whatifs

Those Stupid 'What-Ifs' That Destroyed Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] 02 whatifs [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] After that night, I started to avoid her. Every time she'd greet me, I'd give her a small smile but wouldn't say much. I could see the confusion in her face every time I'd excuse myself to go to my locker, just to avoid her. Call me selfish, but I can't continue being her friend anymore. I'm not only undermining myself by hiding a secret to her, but I'm also undermining what she has meant to be all this time. She's my friend, and I want to respect her. I don't want her to think that I was her friend just because of this stupid crush I have for her. It's selfish of me to do that.

As days passed by, she got the message. She slowly distanced herself from me. I could see it. She talked to other people. She still approached me and sat next to me during lunch, but we had this awkward tension between us. I felt terrible. This wasn't my goal. I didn't want to hurt her. But she remained the same.

Our friends started to feel the tension and finally, my second closest friend (after Irene) talked to me about it. It was Choi Sooyoung.

Lunch had just finished when Sooyoung suddenly grabbed my wrist without a word, halting me from standing up. I looked at her, and she was staring at Irene's fading figure in the distance. My eyes followed her own and I sighed. The time has come.

"Seulgi, what is this all about?"

I bit my lip, refusing to stare at her. I shook my head, "Nothing, it's nothing okay-"

She finally sprang up from her seat and dragged me to the bathroom, her expression cold and disappointed. I had no choice but to be dragged along with her. I didn't want her to make a scene in the cafeteria. 

When we were finally alone, she let go of my wrist and glared at me, her expression showing no signs of amusement.

"Tell me."

I sighed, "Sooyoung, this isn't anything you should worry about-"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter