03 whatifs

Those Stupid 'What-Ifs' That Destroyed Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] 03 whatifs [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] One more week passed by and I was barely hanging onto a cliff. I felt destroyed, every part of me. It hurt so badly that I just wanted to buy a plane ticket to the U.S. and leave everything behind. But how impossible would that be? 

Very.

Today was yet another day, nothing different to expect. I was to follow my original routine and get it over with.

But no, I was wrong. Completely wrong.

"Seulgi! My friend's gonna jump off the rooftop, please help me stop him!" It was Jungkook. The hot nerd of the school. I was utterly confused. Why would he ask me to help him out of all people? But I had no time to think. As if it was a natural reflex, I ran as fast as I could. I didn't even know who this person was, but I needed to save him. A few students gave me strange looks, but others were smart enough to follow me up the rooftop.

As I slammed the door open, I was even more confused. It was like a paradise. About a hundred students released their colorful balloons into the sky. Everyone was smiling at me, but one man caught my eye. He was standing at the middle of the rooftop, his back facing mine. He had blonde hair and was wearing a black tux. As he turned around, I couldn't believe what was happening to me. It was the 'Rap Monster' of our school- Kim Namjoon. I didn't know how to react. Everything was happening too quickly.

Suddenly, he approached me, a rose magically appearing in front of me, "Thank you for saving me." He smiled.

I didn't know whether to feel offended or thankful. What an awful joke! How could he use suicide for a stupid surprise that would have driven a person nuts?!

I opened my mouth, but nothing would come out. He sighed and nodded in understanding, "I'm sorry for whatever my friend told you. I just told him to say anything that would get you up here no matter what. If he said something strange, I apologize on behalf."

"...Will you go out with me?" He finished.

I blinked once, twice. Why was I even hesitating? If there was someone who could make me forget about Joohyun, it was Namjoon. He has already confessed to me once, but that was a few years ago. The fact itself that he still likes me is enough for me to give him a chance.

"S-sure." I uttered. Everyone cheered and Namjoon grinned from ear-to-ear. I smiled, feeling satisfied to have made him smile. Yes, you're making the right choice. You'll forget about her soon.

 

As I went back downstairs, I saw her standing near her locker. Joohyun. Like a natural reflex, I almost waved my hand at her, but as I remembered we were avoiding each other, I immediately put my hand back down. She bitterly smiled to herself. I was about to pass by her until I heard her voice.

"Congrats. I heard you accepted Namjoon's confession." 

I stood there, frozen. I didn't turn around to face her. She didn't turn around to face me either. We were both standing next to each other, but facing the opposite directions. I bit my lip and nodded, "Thanks."

I was about to leave until I felt her hand envelop my wrist, "S-Seulgi, can we talk?"

I closed my eyes and felt my heart beating rapidly against my chest. I couldn't utte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter