Chapter 13

Polar Oppsites
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pacing around the room, Jessica is really worried where Taeyeon might've gone too, she couldn't go far right? Jessica opens up her phone and check if she had received any notifications so far. None. Taeyeon didn't reply to any of her messages she had sent her for the past half hour.  

 

"Taeyeon-ah" Jessica whispers to herself as she leans against the bed frame in the hotel. "I miss you.....I just want you back in my arms." As she crawls in to a ball tearing up. 

 

After crying for about 10 minutes, thinking about their relationship and how far they have come, Jessica decides to take her jacket and leave the hotel in her pajamas. Not caring about appearance or anything, getting Taeyeon back was her goal tonight. 

 

Leaving the hotel Jessica feels the wind blowing through the streets of New York. 

 

''Has it always been this cold?" Jessica muttered to herself. Walking through the streets, scanning for any sign of Taeyeon. Footprints, hair, anything that can lead her to her precious girl. 

 

Pulling out her phone again she decides to text Taeyeon again. 

Taeyeon-ah where are you? It's getting late and I'm getting more worried. Sent 11:51 pm 

Leave me alone, I don't want to talk to you Sent 11:52 pm 

 

"Are you kidding me right now Kim Taeyeon" Jessica groans in her spot angry at the situation. Not giving up Jessica continues on the search, entering convenience stores, bars, clothing shops.  

 

Puffing her bangs out her face Jessica sighs to herself. It was only an accident Jessica thought to herself. Her intentions with that man weren't real at all. She didn't want anything to do with him. Just having the thought of that man gave her goosebumps. 

 

Tiring of walking around Jessica decides to sit herself down on a bench near a park. As the night gets darker Jessica believed it was time to give up. As she gets up, her phone starts to vibrate violently. 

 

"Jessica?" Taeyeon spoke out for the first time since the events that unfolded. 

 

"W-Where are you T-Taeyeon-ah?" Jessica said as she's shivering in the cold weather conditions. 

 

"I want us to take a break from each other." She said in a firm voice. Jessica froze in her spot. No not this again. It took them a long time to get together, playing the push and pull game at the office. All the times she bared the pain against Taeyeon yelling at her every day. 

 

''What did I possibly do wrong Kim Taeyeon?" Jessica spoke angrily. "You know it wasn't my fault for that man kissing me, he forced himself on me l-like he was some thirsty animal!" 

 

"I was thinking about our relationship for the time I was gone....and I decided that it was best for us to take a break from each other. I thought about what I want and I don't believe I'm ready to commit to a relationship with you." 

 

"Where has this suddenly come from Taeyeon!" Jessica yelled can't believing what she's hearing from her. "Do you not care about what I want? Do you care about my feelings at all?" 

 

"I do care about you, but I realize that I'm just not ready to commit to anything serious as of now. If you think about it I have a responsibility of running a business and you're just one of my employees that works for me. I can't let any of this come in my way and I have to start focusing on my career." 

 

"I'm just one of your employees? So, was our relationship a mistake then?" 

 

Taeyeon started laughing hysterically "Finally you get what I'm saying. I already had gathered my belongings from the hotel and I booked myself back a flight already. I booked yours for 4 hours after mine so we wouldn't bump in to each other. From now on starting from today. Forget what we did, what we had. We're just co-workers now." Right after she said that, she ended the phone call right away. 

 

Dropping her phone on her lap Jessica can't believe what had just happened in the span of 24 hours. Jessica was exhausted. She didn't know how to process what has just occurred.

 

After sitting on the bench for god knows how long, she walked back to the hotel to gather her belongings. Turning her head back to the room one last time, she wished none of the events had to unfolded. The taxi ride to the airport was silent. Tears streaming down her face, the constant sniffing. 

 

"Miss are you okay?" The taxi driver asked as he's worried for Jessica. 

 

"Yes, I'm fine don't worry about me." She lied, she wasn't fine at all. She was Broken. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter