Prologue

My Last Wish

Dear Yifan,

 

                Hi, I hope this letter reached you in a good day. I don’t know where to start but I’ve been bottling this up for a very long time and I thought letting you know is the only way for me to move on. Yifan, I like you. I liked you ever since I first met you many years ago in that stupid club we were both members of during first year of uni. You are smart, a perfect gentleman and the most down-to-earth person I know. When you and Yixing got together, I tried to distance myself from you both because I knew I didn’t stand any chance. You’re a match made in heaven. Both of you are very important to me and I didn’t want to cause any problems.

 

                But then I knew I was hurting Yixing by staying away so I tried to act as normally as I could around you. I told myself that I can just be friends with you. I don’t want to be the person to ruin your perfect relationship. When Yixing passed away, you’re the only person who understood what I was going through. I didn’t just lose my best friend; I lost my sister, the only family that I have. I am not expecting anything from you but I just want to say thank you for everything that you did for me and I hope both of you can forgive me for keeping this from you for so long.

 

                                                                                                                                                  Sincerely,

                                                                                                                                                  Joonmyeon