Chapter 2 : Scheming

Flustered and Naive

Tzuyu is awoken by the sound of the shower starting. The room is empty, except for the pile of clothes that Momo has left behind. Tzuyu panics at the thought of being stuck in a room with a half-clad blonde dancer again, so she scrambles out of the bed to find some warm clothes, and hurries out of the room. The hallway is empty and it's terribly quiet. It was quite early, so most of them were probably still asleep. After grabbing a cup of tea from the cafeteria she made her way to the backyard of the Inn. There was a beautiful garden surrounding a small artifically created pond. It was gorgeous, nonetheless. She sits down by the edge, sipping on the warm beverage, staring at the small ripples in the surface of the pond. They probably have some fish living in there.

Mina emerges out of the woods connected to the backyard, and she waves at Tzuyu, a small smile apparent on her lips.
"I love exercising in the woods, you feel like nature is becoming one with you, or something poetic like that. What's up? Why are you up this early?" Tzuyu thinks about last night, and the picture of Momo's body is firmly engraved in her mind.
"N-no special reason. I just woke up and couldn't fall asleep again." Tzuyu tries her best to give a believable smile, and then she gets an idea.
"Hey, is Sana up yet?" Mina nods.
"Come with me, she woke up when I did." Tzuyu stands up and follows Mina into the house and to the room she shares with Sana. She finds the girl sprawled out on top of her bed, like a starfish. Mina grabbed her towel and went to take a shower as Tzuyu sat down in the bed with Sana.
"I need to ask something of you"


"So wait, you're saying that we need to go on a mission to find out why Momo picked you as her roomate?" Sana asked, looking at Tzuyu with an incredulous expression. Tzuyu nodded furiously, hoping that Sana would understand the importance of the mission.
"Why don't you just ask her?" Sana bit her lip, chewing lightly.
"Because that would be mean, and she's my unnie. I can't just do that. Please help?" Tzuyu pleaded. Sana looked hesitant, but gave her okay either way.
"We'll meet up to discuss after breakfast, okay?" Sana said, just as the shower quieted down on the other side of the bathroom door. Tzuyu waved goodbye before leaving the room, thanking Sana.


Just as Tzuyu opens her own door she hears someone cursing inside the room, and the sound of feet trampling around at a fast pace. What she sees next is a (thank the gods) fully clothed Momo, with dripping wet hair in a bun, searching fervently for something. Shirts and socks and other various clothing went flying around the room, and all Tzuyu could do was watch the scene unravel. Momo doesn't notice Tzuyu at first, but when she does, she exclaims-
"I can't find the god damn phone!". She throws her arms over her head in mock-defeat, and sits down with a thump on one of those huge, horribly patterned pillows. Tzuyu scans the room and finds it immediately.
"It's right there, on your pillow." Tzuyu points towards Momo's bed where, of course, the phone lies. Momo huffs a "thank you", and goes to grab it.
"I might as well be Sherlock Holmes." she deadpans. Tzuyu giggles, and so does Momo.

"I'm going to grab some breakfast, I think the two other idiots of the maknae-line is going down soon too, so walk with me?" Momo suggest, and Tzuyu nods in agreement. Just as they step out the door a flash of brown, pink and orange speeds past them. Shortly thereafter comes a furious Chaeyoung running.
"Dahyun, I swear to god if you don't come back with my wallet I'm going to rip your spine out!" Within the blink of an eye, they're both long gone, and so Momo turns around to face Tzuyu.
"I guess you could eat with me, unless you're scared?" She wiggles her eyebrows suggestively. Tzuyu stands frozen in shock for a split second, before she scowls at Momo.
"I'm not scared! Let's go." Momo just laughs at the maknae as she walks ahead towards the cafeteria.


"I'm just saying that if I had to pick a guy it would be him!" Jeongyeon raises her hands in defense, while Momo, Sana and Mina laugh at her.
"That's gross, you're gross." Nayeon looks at Jeongyeon with a disgusted look on her face.
"You love it, don't deny it." Jeongyeon leans inte Nayeon who just giggles. This had been going on for a while. Momo and Jeongyeon somehow always seemed to bring up and love as the subject of discussion, and Nayeon would be secretly amused, however she'd never admit to it. Momo shifted her legs, and one of them brushed up against the side of Tzuyu's. This caused the both of them to turn their heads and look at each other, for a short moment. However Tzuyu's attention snapped back onto Jeongyeon when she made a joke so ually charged Tzuyu almost spit all over herself.

The rest of the breakfast went by surprisingly fast, and nothing more of importance really happened. Except for the fact that Sana kept stealing not-so-subtle glances at Tzuyu and Momo. She needed to work on that, but first, strategy-meeting for Mission F.O.M.U.I.


As soon as they left the cafeteria Tzuyu was yanked to the side by her wrist. Sana stood there, almost vibrating with anticipation.
"I feel so bad, like I'm breaking all the rules. Like I'm a spy, James Bond or someone way cooler" Tzuyu figured that Sana had warmed up to the idea of scheming and espionage, and so she smiled at the smaller girls antics.
"Let's go someplace dark and looming and private where no one can hear us plotting." Sana whispers. Tzuyu can do nothing but giggle, and so she follows her into one of the janitor's closets.

"So okay, what do we know about Momo?" Sana asks, as soon as they've both sat down. Tzuyu ponders for a few seconds. "She's good at dancing, she likes peaches, she has a dirty mind and likes cuddling." Sana nods.
"You know what I've been thinking of?" Sana asks. Tzuyu shakes her head and crosses her legs.
"I think she might be into girls, you know?" Tzuyu thinks about it for a few seconds.
"Why would you think that?"
"Because.. well, she's a lot more touchy feely than most of us. And also, it sometimes looks like she's about to devour some of the girls she meets. I've never seen her look at guys like that." Tzuyu thinks for another few seconds, before she comes to the conclusion that, yes. Knowing Momo, there is a very real possibility she might be into girls.
"Okay, I get that, but what does that have to do with anything?" Sana smiles back at Tzuyu.
"Because that means she might've picked you because of your good looks, silly." She winks at Tzuyu, and Tzuyu feels sort of weird. She doesn't know how to feel about the possibility that her unnie might be attracted to her.
"I don't really think so, but I guess I could try and, uh, gauge..? her interest, that is." Sana nods, satisfied to have some part of the plan done. They stay there, talking about all the various things they could try to figure things out, and comes up with a plan. Sana will carry out surveillance and gather intel from a few other people, while Tzuyu works on getting close and earning her trust. Tzuyu is also supposed to ask or mention three specific things.

  1. How about Mina and Sana? They seem to get along so well living together.
  2. If you could've been roommates with Jeongyeon, would you have wanted to?
  3. What kind of person would you be interested in?

Agreeing to start off on these terms, they shake hands and leave the closet, dispersing into different directions.


When Tzuyu comes back to the room, she sees Momo on her bed, fully dressed in dancing gear. She immediately tenses up, just at the mere thought of having to act cool and normal around Momo. 
"Hey, I've been waiting for you. Where'dya go?" Momo sits up, crossing her legs, studying Tzuyu.
"N-nowhere, just talking to Sana. What did you want from me?" Tzuyu mentally slaps herself for stuttering.
"Oh, alright. Well, do you feel like going a bit early to dance practice with me?"
"Sorry, I can't. I'm dead." She tries joking, but it all ends up as word-vomit. Don't try that again, dip. Her inner Tzuyu slaps the out of her brain.
"Ahah, err, alright, lame." Momo furrows her eyebrows. "You're coming with me, whether you're dead or not."
Tzuyu apologizes and after changing her clothes in the bathroom, saunters after Momo, ashamed of herself.


Tzuyu watches as Momo bends over, touching the floor with her palms. They had been stretching for about five minutes, warming up right before that by doing jumping jacks. She sits down on the floor, and leans forward, encircling the soles of her feet and tries to pull herself closer to the ground. That's when she feels two hands press against her shoulders, and then the entirety of Momo's front against her back. As she feels herself being pushed to the ground, her heart quickens its beats. It feels warm, and she could faintly smell the peach-schampoo that Momo must've brought with her. Tzuyu's head is going a mile per minute, the thoughts of Sana's suggestion sparking to life in her mind. What if she's doing this because she's attracted to me? The thought alone makes her heart race even faster, and it wont calm down until she finally feels Momo lift her weight from her back.

She sits up and watches as Momo walks over to the sound-equipment.
"I was planning on practicing to Wiggle Wiggle by Hello Venus, have you danced to it before?" Momo asks. Tzuyu shakes her head, and Momo declares that she'll show her a bit of the choreo first. As the music starts Momo instantly changes her facial expression into one that is highly serious, with a hint of iness behind it. When she starts moving her body Tzuyu's chin almost drops. The display in front of her was in no way innocent, and highly distracting. Tzuyu feels as if she's about to go insane. After clearing her head and going over some steps with Momo, it's her turn to try it. She thought she would feel highly uncomfortable, but that thought washes away quickly, as she lets herself go to the music. She looks up to Momo to try and see if she's doing it right, but she can't really tell. Momo is making a weird face, she can't make out what it's supposed to mean. 

"Good job, I'm going to give you some pointers later, but lets take a water break, I'm thirsty af." Momo chuckles to herself, and Tzuyu is confused. Was that funny? Was there a joke I didn't get?
They sit on the floor, next to the sound equipment, and Tzuyu remembers her mission. Part one of F.O.M.U.I, go!

"Hey, uh, so.. Sana and Mina seem like really great friends. I bet they get along really well living together and all." Tzuyu tries to play it off as a random thought, but she somehow feels as if Momo can see right through her.
"Yeah, probably. They've always been like that." Momo shrugs.
"So, uh.. How would you feel about living with, eh, lets say Mina? Don't you usually do that?"
"Yeah, no, she's cool. We get along really well, so it sort of ends up like that most of the times. Why?" Momo looks as if she's suspicious, and Tzuyu can almost feel the curtain being drawn. She's going to get found out.
"No reason, just thinking."
"Oh, okay." Momo shrugs once again, and takes another sip of her water bottle before she stands up and suggests they go at it again. Tzuyu sighs deeply in relief, that was easier than she thought.

This time Tzuyu is a lot more concious about the way she moves, she's waiting for the "pointers" that Momo was planning to give her. When nothing comes, for a while, Tzuyu is about to turn around to ask Momo when she feels a pair of small, but strong hands wrap around her hips. She can feel Momo's breath lapping against the skin of her neck, and it sends chills down her spine.
"You need to go down lower right here, and then you need to stretch your-" Everything else that Momo says drowns out into the incessant buzzing in Tzuyu's ear. Momo's hands are everywhere, guiding her body with her own. Tzuyu feels as if she's about to pass out, the warmth spreading through her entire body as it moves effortlessly together with Momo's. When the music stops, and Momo's hands leave her body, she quickly excuses herself to the bathroom, where she locks herself inside.

This is insane. I'm going insane. This can't, for the love of god, actually be happening. Tzuyu! Snap out of it. She's a friend, a weird one at that but you need to calm down! Maybe I'm the weird one? Oh god, this is insane, the way you're freaking out! On the other hand.. can it be helped? It feels.. really good. Actually. I don't even know what where to begin, or what to make of this.. But it's not that crazy. Is it? This is really embarrassing. The way I can't even, like, behave around her. And it's embarrassing the way she acts around me. Oh my god, what do I do? Just focus on the mission Tzuyu, things will work out.