Chapter 4 : Realization

Flustered and Naive

The weight of someone crawling into the small brunette's bed stirs her from her sleep. It's not until cold fingers sting against her own warm bicep that she fully wakes up. Tzuyu is about to say something, object against the sudden intrusion, but is interrupted when blonde hair sprawls over her chest. The smell of her peach shampoo takes over Tzuyu's senses, making her head swim. Momo nuzzles her head even closer against Tzuyu's shoulder, and all the taller girl could do was close her eyes. She tried taking a deep breath, feeling it vibrate against the heavy beatings of her heart. felt dry, what could she possibly do about this? What is even going on? Do I pretend to be asleep? Oh god, I can't have her this close to me, I might- No, don't think about those things. Just ask her, there's probably a logical reason behind this. People don't just sneak into each others beds. Well, I actually thought about doing the same thing- stop Tzuyu. Just ask. Now.

"What are you doing?" Tzuyu whispers, almost afraid of being heard.

"Hmm?" Momo hums against her, turning her head slightly. When her full lips connected with Tzuyu's collarbone on accident, the maknae was ready to bolt out of bed and disappear. She stayed in place, feeling Momo's languid breath caressing her skin.

"I-In my bed. Why are you in my bed?" Tzuyu feels like she's about to throw up, she could feel her entire body heating up, frozen and on fire at the same time.

"I had a bad dream, I can leave if you'd like" Momo murmurs, pressing her face impossibly close against Tzuyu's shoulder, inching closer to her neck. Tzuyu shakes her head within a split second, realizing that she really, really, really doesn't want Momo to leave. It's in this moment that everything dawns on her. Maybe she's reading into everything because she wants things to be a certain way. In that very moment, Tzuyu admits to herself that she has a crush for the first time. Yes, indeed, she has a crush on the shorter girl currently snuggled up against her. The older, blonde dancer that for whatever reason decided that turning Tzuyu's entire life upside down was a good idea.

Soon enough, a light snoring can be heard from the blonde in her bed, and Tzuyu feels like her heart is about to break out of her chest. While it certainly takes a while, she manages to calm herself down a bit. She's soon lulled to sleep by Momo's slow breathing, having decided that she would deal with this in the morning. For now, she would just enjoy, relish in the feel of Momo's body against her own.

 


 

The gravel under her skin is wet, and cold, and it numbs her feet as they sprint in desperation.

She's almost there, the warmth of the silhouette just beyond her cold fingertips.

"Please, just stop, who are you?!" The brunette yells.

Her fingertips graze the back of the figure, and she feels herself falling through the ground.

Everything turns pitch black.

 


 

Only thin beams of light seep through the blinds as Tzuyu opens her eyes. Small particles of dust can be seen flying through the warm air, illuminated by the morning sun. Otherwise, the room was dark and quiet. Time almost seemed to stand still. As Tzuyu starts to sit up, she suddenly becomes aware of the fact that a small, surprisingly heavy arm is slithered around her waist. She tilts her head carefully to the side, but all she can see is a mess of blonde hair belonging to none other than- . Momo had obliterated the small distance between them, and her face was now promptly tucked against Tzuyu's neck. She is too close.

Guilt and panic rush over Tzuyu. Now that she's aware of her own feelings, it feels as if she's taking advantage of the sleeping form beside her. She doesn't even know. The brunette takes a shaky breath, squeezing her eyes shut. Momo starts stirring in her sleep, and Tzuyu almost explodes when she feels warm fingers move from the hem of her shirt. They move beneath it, smoothing out against the skin of her stomach. Her breath catches in , it feels like she can't breathe. The guilt is growing, and Tzuyu knows she has to get away from this. From her. She doesn't want to wake Momo up, if she could stay here forever, she would. She'd let those slender fingers travel across her body, anywhere they wanted. But it's not right.

Tzuyu stealthily tries to lift Momo's arm, holding a careful grip onto her wrist. Instantly, the no-longer limp arm attempts to keep her in place, and the more she tries getting away, the harder it struggles back. Soon enough, the last bits of Tzuyu's resolve flies out the window, as the blonde snakes her legs in between Tzuyu's.

"Stay" Momo's hoarse voice whispers against her neck, and her heart clogs up , making it impossible for her to object. So she just stops struggling and leaves herself to the will of the small blonde. Fingers travel upwards, feeling their way to Tzuyu's warm waist. The taller one of the girls would pass out if she wasn't already lying down, instead she was stuck with the excruciating thrill of shameless fondling. Momo's hands still at her waist, holding a firm grip against the crook not high above her hipbones.

They laid there throughout the morning, and not a single word was spoken. Tzuyu was frozen in place the entire time, while the absent-minded Momo let her fingers wander from time to time, relishing against the touch of warm skin, and toned muscles. Whenever they did, Tzuyu was thrown into a spiral of self-loathing and guilt. Momo isn't aware of how I'm feeling, and just because she's this close doesn't mean that she's interested. Momo is a generally affectionate person, kissing the other girls cheeks and cuddling whenever she can. God, why did I have to get a crush on her, of all people? 

The loud clanking of pots and pans slamming together was heard coming from down the hall, soon the horribly unharmonized screechings of Jeongyeon and Nayeon followed. 

"Wake up! Wake up!~ Good morning everybody!~" They yelled. It was getting obnoxiously loud as they came closer.

Tzuyu huffed, her chest falling, and a strand of Momo's hair was blown away from her face. How the hell did Jeongyeon persuade Nayeon to help?

 


 

Across the room, Tzuyu can hear Nayeon berating Jeongyeon for another one of those dirty jokes, and turns her head away as Momo spins the joke even further. She's sitting with Sana a couple of tables away, but since this morning her head had been in the gutter. She couldn't break her fixation on the girl with sun-kissed hair.

Sana had been eating in a haste, clearly oblivious to Tzuyu's plate that was virtually untouched. The soft piece of bread, and the yellowish curry becoming increasingly colder by the second. Sana's plate, on the other hand, is becoming empty, and so she pipes up for the first time during breakfast.

"Mina's been a no-go. Damn, she's too good at keeping shut. She's been ignoring me. Me!" Sana exclaims, before cramming the last of her breakfast down . She looks up and studies Tzuyu for a few seconds. Tzuyu just nods and gives her a half-smile. She notices that the brunette hadn't touched her food. 

"Hey, what's up with you? Did someone die or something?"

Tzuyu sighs and starts fiddling with her thumbs, drawing small lines across her nailbeds. Do I tell her? I guess I should. She's been helping me with, well, everything. It's only fair, I can't keep lying to her.

"Uh, something happened-"

"Oh my god, who died?!" Sana shouts, causing the nearby members to turn their heads in shock. Tzuyu almost tips over and out of her chair, shocked by the sudden uproar.

"Jesus, would you calm down?! No one died!" She retaliates. Sana sits back in her chair, crossing her arms. The rest of the members turn back to whatever they were doing, and Tzuyu lets out a deep breath.

"Well then, tell me. What's up?"

"I was going to tell you, just calm down." Tzuyu sighs and shakes her head. The silver-haired girl picks up Tzuyu's muffin, just nodding before taking a big bite out of the fluffy sweetness.

"I think I might have a crush. On Momo."  Sana almost chokes on her muffin. Tzuyu glances towards the blonde, who seems oblivious to everything.

"We cuddled" She quickly adds, and Sana's eyes widen in shock, as she tries to swallow the bread-like sustenance. She stares at the maknae, who just keeps twiddling her thumbs, staring at the jagged corners of the piece of bread in front of her. Sana leans forward, lowering her voice.

"Are you sure? That you have a crush I mean?" Sana whispers, feeling a bit constricted. Tzuyu nods, not daring to look up. Sana is quiet for a while before she asks what Tzuyu's going to do about it.

"Nothing. There's nothing to do. I wouldn't even know what to do." Tzuyu feels a pinch in her chest. This morning had been so nice, she'd like to do it again. Maybe she could if she kept shut. But it still wouldn't be right. Sana bites her lip and looks up to the ceiling for a couple of seconds. Tzuyu reaches toward her cold cup of tea and takes a sip. had gone dry from anxiety.

"I say we drop the mission. And then we launch a new mission. We're going to find a way to win Momo over, make you into lovey-dovey lesbian queens or something." Tzuyu almost spits tea all over the table. Incredulous eyes stare at Sana, who seems as innocent as ever, dark orbs twinkling back at her. Tzuyu wants to slap her.

"Like, you could try hinting that you're interested. Or try some pickup lines." Sana continues when she there's no answer from the taller girl.

"Hey Momo, you're as sweet as a peach. Mind if I take a bite?" Sana suggests, trying to imitate Tzuyu's accent. Tzuyu looks up, her eyes wide.

"I'm no organ donor, but I'd be happy to give you my heart." Tzuyu cringes at how cheesy that sounds, Sana just laughs.

"How about: 'I'm feeling a bit off today, but you definitely .'?" Tzuyu's mouth falls wide open in shock before she leans forward and slaps Sana's shoulder.

"Enough already! You're terrible!" Tzuyu chuckles, these pickup lines are so stupid, so goddamn stupid. A melodic string of giggles erupts from Sana's throat as she rubs the sore spot on her arm.

After everyone else had left the cafeteria, they both leave to go fetch gear for practice. Tzuyu feels a bit lighter, like maybe everything wasn't so dire after all. Sana was crazy, but she knew how to make the maknae feel better.

 


 

Jihyo pauses the thundering music and turns to the sweaty and exhausted members.

"Good job everybody! Take five and drink something, yeah?" Jihyo declares with her loud voice bouncing against the walls of the makeshift studio. Tzuyu feels her heart pounding against her ribs and taste of sand. She staggers over to her water bottle and slides down against the large mirror covering the full extent of the wall. Large gulps of icy water soothe her raw throat between ragged breaths. If only one could breathe and swallow at the same time.

She looks over to a sullen Momo who, despite the extensive workout, seems a lot less tired than the rest of the members. A prominent crease surface against the smooth skin of her forehead. Why does she look so sad? Is it because of this morning? Maybe she realized that I was- maybe she thinks that I- No, she wouldn't know. She couldn't, right? 

Tzuyu had been avoiding Momo as best as she could. It wasn't even that different from how they usually were around each other, she doubts that anyone else would've noticed. Well, except for Sana, who kept shooting her annoyed glances. Apparently, Momo noticed as well. She didn't talk to anyone, and her shoulders were drawn up high. She looked restless and uneasy, something must've been bothering her. Tzuyu was almost certain that she'd been found out.

Something else must've been the case, however, as Momo kept giving her these weird, almost longing looks. Every time Tzuyu caught her looking, she immediately looked away. Maybe she thinks that she's done something to set me off? I'm the one who's keeping my distance after all.

Tzuyu decides that she'll talk to her after practice, to try and set everything straight. Momo looked so confused, and it wasn't fair. It made Tzuyu's head spin and her chest hurt. She'd never want to hurt any of the members, but least of all she'd want to hurt Momo.

 


 

Momo had her back turned and was wiping some sweat off with a small towel when practice ended. Tzuyu sneaks up behind her, determined to make things work. She wasn't willing to let a possible friendship go to waste because of her own inconvenient and untimely feelings. Momo deserved better. It wasn't fair of her to, without an explanation, act this distant.

Tzuyu clears , making herself known to the blonde in front of her. Momo spins on her heel towards Tzuyu, and a row of crystal teeth are bared in a wide smile.

"Do you want to take a walk with me? I was thinking the woods, to get rid of the after-work-out-jitters?" Tzuyu's voice cracks somewhere during the sentence, but Momo doesn't seem to notice, or maybe she just didn't care. She nods furiously, and she looks as if she's about to hug Tzuyu. Her arms had risen a few inches before they once again fell to her sides, Tzuyu noticed. She's still wary of me.

Momo picked up her bag of necessities and her water bottle before they headed out towards the running trail in the woods.

 


 

Anxiety laid thick against Tzuyu's throat. She didn't know if it was just her or if Momo was an exceptional actor, but while Tzuyu was having a minor panic attack- Momo seems perfectly content. Momo even has a slight bounce in her step, and that ever-present ponytail keeps swinging back and forth in an alluring way. It's almost hypnotic really, watching it sway along the nape of her neck. 

It was yet another sunny day, insects were buzzing and birds were singing. The air was warm, but a mild breeze kept her skin cool. In the sky, the white orb that we call the sun emitted an obnoxiously warm and intense light. However, it was barely visible through the thick ceiling of leaves above them. Patterned shadows surrounded the both of them, crawling along the ground, sweeping across their skin as they walked in silence.

The serenity of the woods was a stark contrast against Tzuyu's inner turmoil, such a harmonious scene didn't mirror the way she felt inside. It annoyed her, she felt tired and at a loss of direction. She didn't know how to fix things, but she knew she had to find a way.

"Did you want to talk about anything in particular? Or did you just bring me here to have me to yourself?" Momo asks, causing Tzuyu to almost trip over herself. She didn't know what to say, how do you even respond to something like that? When she diverts her attention from the swinging pendulum of blonde hair to brown eyes, she's met with a cheeky grin, accompanied by a wink. Tzuyu feels like laughing, and crying. Because that's just like Momo. God, it's Momo. 

"I- I don't know. I don't think so." Tzuyu knew she was acting in a strange way. Judging by the fact that Momo's previously light-hearted grin had turned into a confused scowl, Tzuyu decided to just come clean. Her nerves were killing her, stinging like venom against her skin as she opened . Honesty is always the best way to go, right?

"Why did you pick me? To be your roommate, I mean." Tzuyu sighs, forcing her shoulders back, trying to get rid of the tension and stress. She needed to know, and this could be good for them. To come clean about everything. The taller had almost forgotten about the fact that Momo had been planning something, she'd been so caught up in trying to figure herself out. The memory of Sana's ridiculous attempts to interrogate Mina made the muscles in her face contract into a small smile.

"What do you mean 'why'?" Momo had stopped, her feet stubbornly frozen in place. Tzuyu turned around, looking at the fidgeting dancer. This wasn't going the way she wanted it to, Momo looked like she was about to go off and explode into a billion pieces. Or maybe she looked like she wanted to run away. Either way, Tzuyu didn't want to back down. This was important, she needed to know. It wouldn't be that big of a deal later on, but it mattered right now. 

"Why did you pick me out of all the members? You could've chosen Mina, or anyone else. Why me?" Tzuyu felt tired, and she could only hope that she didn't sound annoyed or snappy. She was just desperate. Things had escalated at such a fast pace between the two of them, in only a matter of days time. A small flicker of hope tickles the insides of the brunette's chest. Maybe. Momo looked like a deer caught in headlights, and Tzuyu felt regret when Momo looked away. Those big brown orbs kept flitting across the shadows, the bushes, the treetops and just about anything that wasn't Tzuyu. 

"I-I think you're interesting. And funny. I wanted to get to know you better, I guess." Momo confesses, her face flushed and her hands fidgeting. Tzuyu nods. Of course, I was dumb to think there could be something more between us. She wanted to ask again because she knew that Momo had been hiding something. She and Mina, they were in cahoots. Hearing her say that, however, was enough to crush the last bit of hope Tzuyu felt. So she gives up. When Momo feels comfortable, she'll tell me the real reason.

"Alright, thank you. I don't mind you know, us living together. I just didn't understand." The taller forces a smile before a nervous laughter erupts from her chest. She turns around and surveys the scenery in front of them. No one, as far as her eyes could see. Just small movements of the leaves swaying in the light current.

"Let's see if we can find something fun to do around here. If we can find a really big tree, do you want to climb it with me?" Tzuyu says, keeping her voice as chipper as she possibly could. Just as she's about to start walking away, a pair of hands snakes around her waist. Smoothing long digits out against the silky fabric covering her taut abdomen. She feels the shorter girls front press against her back, and falls slightly agape. Tzuyu wants to say something, anything, but the onslaught of jittering butterflies in the pit of her stomach keeps her from it. Her chest contracts, and tightens, she feels like all air has been out of her lungs.

Momo keeps quiet, holding a firm grip on the other girls body, keeping her in place. Tzuyu feels her entire body buzzing, convulsing with every single bit of affection she feels towards Momo. Her ears are ringing, even if Momo did eventually say something, it's unlikely she would hear it. They're probably really red, with all the heat that is rushing to her face and ears.

The last thing Tzuyu feels before Momo lets her go is a pair of firm, wet, and warm lips against the skin on her shoulder. She would've collapsed, she would've turned around, she would've told Momo to stay, but she couldn't bring herself to do either. Not even when all she could hear was the harsh sound of dirt crunching under Momo's shoes as she walked away.

 


 

When the weekend came along, the team decided to have a late-night barbecue. Tzuyu and Momo hadn't spoken once about the events that occurred in the woods, the two girls caught up in a routine of dancing, singing, eating, and chatting with the other members. Tzuyu hadn't dared tell anyone about what happened in the woods that day, not even Sana. But she could tell that the platinum-haired girl was sniffing her out, she knew something was off.

Things were, all in all, fine- between the blonde and the brunette. They were friendly enough, they spoke to each other, and sometimes they would eat together. However, it seemed as if they had reverted onto the same level of friendship they were on before.

Tzuyu felt heartbroken. She was beyond confused. She actually thought that the kiss meant something, that Momo meant something by it. But she couldn't bring herself to ask, she couldn't make herself take the first step. To be honest, she was terrified of what might've been, or might be. Yet, it was all that she could think of. Momo occupied her thoughts almost every waking moment. She watched her dance, she watched her laugh, she watched her eat an insane amount of peaches, in the single most tantalizing way you could possibly imagine. Her thoughts had become borderline obsessive, and it was driving her crazy.

Every morning she would wake up and look to her side, hoping to see that blonde mess of hair that she loved so much. But every morning, she woke up alone, to a cold bed, greeted with the sight of Momo's back a few feet away. She would lie there, thinking about how much she wanted to crawl into Momo's bed. She would think about the dancers hands, and imagine how it would feel to have them explore her skin. She would imagine how it would feel to have her own hands upon Momo's body. She hadn't had the pleasure of actually feeling that yet. She'd think about how much she wanted to feel those lips on her body again. The thought of Momo's full lips pressed against her own was more than enough to make her heart race.

It was becoming increasingly more difficult for Tzuyu to be around her. She was a walking time-bomb, counting the minutes until she'd explode. She was so filled with want, that it was becoming unbearable. She couldn't take being close to her, but it was the one thing she wanted the most.

"Hey, would you come back to earth already? Stop zoning out, doofus." Sana jabbed the brunette in the ribs and was thanked with a slap to her shoulder.

"Ouch! What was that for?" Sana pouted, crossing her arms protectively over her chest.

"You poked me, and you called me a doofus. You deserve it." Tzuyu stuck her tongue out, hoping to annoy her small friend. It seemed to do its job, as Sana huffed and stuck her tongue out as well.

Tzuyu huddled further into her blanket, as the nights were starting to get colder. Everything was dark, only the fire and some lanterns to brighten the scene. The humid air smelled of smoke and meat though they had already eaten long ago. Benches surrounded the outdoor fireplace, and soft music was playing in the background. Jihyo had managed to get Sam to help her with carrying the music equipment outside, and since the young man obviously was crushing on her, it hadn't really been that hard for her. It was actually pretty sweet.

"Would you stop with the innuendos!" Nayeon covers her face in embarrassment from Jeongyeons latest comment.

"Oh, for gods sake! You love it! Just admit it already!" Jeongyeon snickers, putting an arm around the shoulders of the raven haired girl. Nayeon only sunk deeper, before shouting through her hands

"Never! I'd rather die!" This only caused a fit of laughter to erupt from the rest of the girls. Tzuyu looks over to Momo who, despite a number of dirty jokes, didn't laugh. In fact, she wasn't even smiling. She tunes out of the conversation for a few seconds again, as she ogles the unsuspecting Momo. Did something happen? Or is she just zoning out? You never know when it comes to her, I wish I could-

"Yo! Tzuyu!" Dahyun lowers herself in front of Tzuyu's face, hands on her hips.

"W-what?" Tzuyu feels like she's been caught, it must've been really obvious.

"We're going to play truth or dare, and you're going to join us."

"You can't say no. Believe me, I tried" Chaeyoung mutters. Tzuyu looks over to the blonde girl who still seems to be unaware of the situation. Tzuyu can see fire mirrored in her dark eyes.

"That's right, my cute dongsaeng!" Jihyo squeals as she tackles the tiny girl with a bone-crushing hug. Nayeon joins on the other side, and Chaeyoung looks exceptionally annoyed.

"Just to be clear, I'm not fond of this either, but those three idiots can't take no for an answer." Nayeon adds as she huddles even closer, clearly happy to cuddle up against their second youngest member.

"Hey!" Jihyo, Dahyun, and Jeongyeon protest at the same time. Tzuyu couldn't help but to let out a giggle. They were idiots.

 

Surprisingly, the truths and dares were, most of the time, innocent. Chaeyoung asked Mina to do aegyo, and she did. It was spectacular, but It might also have been the last time. Tzuyu doubted Mina would ever want to do that again- Mina wasn't comfortable with doing aegyo. Nevermind the fact that when she got that embarrassed and was struggling so much, it was captivating and adorable in itself. Just about every single one of the girls fell to the ground, hugging their midsections, slapping the ground and bursting with laughter, especially Mina. She covered her face in her hands as she curled up against the ground, shielding herself from the embarrassment. Chaeyoung had to help her stand up again, as Mina's legs were shaking. Tzuyu pondered for a few seconds if maybe the reason Mina accepted the dare was because Chaeyoung was the one to dare her. She glanced towards Momo again, who looked a bit brighter. She'd been part of the game and despite momentarily looking a bit down here and there, laughed with the others. Momo did say that Mina had a crush on the petite brunette.

When it's Dahyun's turn to go, she looks around the tight group, a mischievous grin on her lips.

"I think it's finally time to step things up. Y'all are so tame, losers." She bites her lip for a split second before looking towards Jungyeon.

"I dare you to kiss Nayeon." She snickers, a playful glint in her eyes. Jihyo falls to the ground, hysterical laughter roaring from , as the rest starts 'ooh~'ing and clapping their hands. Nayeon looks even paler than usual, wide open in shock. Jeongyeon, on the other hand, seems to be trying to compose herself, opening and closing. She slowly turns towards Nayeon, who snaps back into life.

A small nod is exchanged between them, and as they leaned towards each other, the group fell silent in anticipation. Tzuyu could hear Jeongyeon's throat contract into a strained gulp, even though they were several feet apart. It was sort of adorable, how uptight the two shivering girls were. Tzuyu would have imagined this was nothing new to the two, at least not to Jeongyeon, but apparently she was wrong to assume so. Even though Jeongyeon previously had seemed to be perfectly on par with her uality and Tzuyu was sure she had experienced a lot, she now stood frozen in front of Nayeon.

It was actually Nayeon who leaned in and closed the gap between them. Tzuyu couldn't believe her eyes, and neither could any of the others as they exploded into a roaring chaos of cheers.  Tzuyu couldn't bring herself to look away as two hesitant pairs of lips pressed against each other in small, languid motions. The kiss was short, nonetheless it looked sensual and smooth. She could feel her ears heating up. Nayeon and Jeongyeon both became timid after the kiss, as they with trembling hands upon forearms tried to smooth things over. It didn't last long, soon enough they were tackled from all sides, hugged and thanked for such a great show.

"Yah! This is your fault in the first place!" Jeongyeon slapped Dahyun across her shoulder, red frustration flushing her cheeks.

"Come on! It was fun!"

"Oh- It's going to be! Real soon. Dahyun, I dare you to kiss Sana." Jeongyeon retaliated, staring straight into Dahyun's eyes. The rest of the girls, except for one, started laughing even harder, as they saw Dahyun's astounded expression. Momo had retreated from her place by Nayeon's side, back to her spot on the bench. She didn't laugh anymore, she just looked uncomfortable.

Tzuyu whipped her head towards Sana, suddenly alarmed at the situation her friend had involuntarily been put in. Sana looked at ease, even slightly amused. Dahyun, on the other hand, did not look as pleased, she was more or less frozen in place. Menacing eyes were glued onto Jeongyeons, and so she didn't notice Sana when she approached from behind. 

"Hey, don't look so mad. You're hurting my feelings, I'm an excellent kisser, mind you.~" Sana taunted against Dahyun's ear, as she slid two hands across the younger girl's stomach. Dahyun looked furious, her cheeks flushed, but she said nothing. She just kept her eyes on Jeongyeon, who stared right back. Tzuyu couldn't help smiling. Finally, some payback. 

"Fine" Dahyun eventually muttered, she sounded out of breath. Sana lit up like a forest-fire, glimmers of unmistakable determination were raving in her eyes. Tzuyu knew that face. She knew that expression. That's, uh- that's Sana's 'crazy-face'.

Dahyun had no time to object when Sana twirled her around and crashed their lips together, gripping tightly at Dahyuns waist. Tzuyu was shocked, she didn't know if Sana was teasing Dahyun or if she was actually enjoying this. Dahyun's eyes were huge, staring back at the closed eyes of the platinum haired girl currently kissing her. Loud cheers erupted once again as Dahyun melted into the kiss, responding to the young woman.

"Wait, wait, wait! Hold up! That's enough you guys!" Nayeon laughed as she pulled Dahyun away by the arm.

"Hey! Things were just getting good!" Sana pouted, putting her hands on her hips. Dahyun was absolutely bewildered, panting and speechless. Only then did Tzuyu realize that some of the group's members weren't as excited about this as the rest. Mina had sneaked back to her spot next to the sullen Momo, looking equally as uncomfortable. The both of them were quiet, only staring into the fire with contorted expressions masking their beautiful features. Strange.

"I'll get you back for this" Dahyun seethed, gritting her teeth at Jeongyeon.

"Oh no, you won't. This won't be a truth-or-dare-war between the two of you." Jihyo intervened, putting a hand on Dahyun's shoulder. Dahyun sighed and her head fell, nodding in disappointment.

"Fine, Chaeyoung. Truth or dare?" Dahyun turned towards the smallest of them. She was also perched at her spot upon the bench, wrapped tightly in a blanket.

"Uh, don't make me regret this Dahyun- but I'll take a dare." Chaeyoung drew a hand through her hair, chewing on her lip.

"Of course I won't make you regret this. Correction- You'll definitely regret this." Dahyun was once again smiling, a menacing grin on her lips. Of course, it's Dahyun. Poor Chaeng, I thought she would've known not to give that kind of power to Dahyun.

"Please don't, Dahyun I really don't-"

"Go kiss Tzuyu now." Dahyun smiled, and Chaeyoung's mouth fell wide open in shock, just like everyone else's. Poor, poor Chaeyoung, I didn't actually think Dahyun would make her- wait. That's- me! What!?

Tzuyu's head snapped towards Chaeyoung, who stared back at her, clearly uncomfortable. In the corner of her eye, she could see Momo and Mina huddling closer together, curling up against each other.

The two maknaes nod in silent agreement, and as Tzuyu stands up to approach Chaeyoung, so does she. Tzuyu could feel her ears starting to heat up, and her legs vibrating with every step she took. This was after all going to be her first kiss. She'd never kissed anyone. Her thoughts instantly go to Momo, and a vile feeling takes hold of her gut. As she looks at the shorter girl, she knows that the feeling of anxiety is mutual.

"I'll be quick, okay?" Chaeyoung whispers under her breath, and even though they were under the other members scrutiny it seemed to go by unnoticed. Tzuyu nods, and leans down a bit, as the girl in front of her was a lot shorter.

Chaeyoung has to stand on her tippy-toes to reach anyway. She grazes her lips lightly against Tzuyu's. They're warm and soft against her own, and Tzuyu catches herself thinking that it was actually kind of pleasant. It's over before she knows it, and Chaeyoung falls back onto her heels, looking at Tzuyu with brightly colored cheeks. 

"Hey! That was a peck, not a kiss! If that was okay I wouldn't have face with Nayeon for so long!" Jeongyeon exclaimed, flailing her arms above her head in frustration. Chaos erupts and Jeongyeon gets attacked by a furious and embarrassed Nayeon, as the rest of the girls scream in laughter. 

Tzuyu sees Momo slipping away back to the house, but no one else seems to notice through the loud roaring.

She decides to follow her, and so she excuses herself after giving Chaeyoung a quick hug. 

 


 

In the dim lighting of the inn's corridors, Tzuyu searches. It's almost eerie how quiet everything is. Momo had been so fast, Tzuyu had no way of catching her, and now she'd lost her- she had no clue where she was.

She walks off towards their joint bedroom first, thinking that maybe she'd be in there, but the room is quiet and empty. No blonde hair, no unreadable eyes. Next place would be the cafeteria- Momo really does love her food after all. Tzuyu searches the Cafeteria- No Momo. She searches the practice room- still no Momo. No Momo in the changing rooms, no Momo in the library, no Momo anywhere. 

Then, as she's walking back to the cafeteria, she hears a noise from outside. She hurries towards it, sprinting back through the corridor and bursting through the doors leading to the back garden. She sneaks through a wall of bushes and past the rose-bedding until she's met with the sight of blonde hair.

Momo's sitting at the edge of the pond, wrapped in a plaid blanket, throwing small rocks into the water. She's curled up, with her knees tightly tucked under her chin.

"Momo?" Tzuyu calls lightly, hoping that Momo wasn't upset at her. To be honest, Tzuyu wasn't sure why Momo had left, but she had an inkling. Momo stands up, and instead of answering Tzuyu, walks away with rushed steps.

"Momo, wait!" Tzuyu calls after her. As Momo rushes into the building, Tzuyu bolts after her, dirt crunching under the soles of her feet. 

"Momo!" Tzuyu cries, and rushes after her, through the empty hallways. Their hurried steps echo against the cold walls, and Tzuyu feels weird, reminded of the hollowness. She's actually chasing Momo. As she cries her name one final time, Momo stops in her tracks. 

"Momo, please, what's going on? Please look at m-mmph!" Tzuyu's voice muffled as Momo's lips collide violently with her own, and she's shoved back against the wall with a loud thump. Momo's perfectly manicured nails claw at her hips in desperation. The sting only intensifies the hammering of Tzuyu's heart as it thrashes against her chest. When Momo's blanket falls to the floor, Tzuyu finally understands that the girl she's been pining for is currently flushed close against her own body. So she kisses Momo back.

Hands dart up to wrap themselves in a blonde mess of hair, tugging viciously as the pressure and frustration within her release and explode through her skin. Momo's hands reach further upwards, wrapping around every inch of Tzuyu's waist. They push beneath Tzuyu's shirt, playing against her heated skin. Getting air is of a lower priority as hungry, open-mouth kisses are shared between the two girls. Panting, with glistening lips and roaming hands, the kisses grow deeper.

Tzuyu feels as if the world is spinning with the rhythm of Momo's pink lips enveloping her own. When Momo's wet tongue slip between her lips, she does nothing but respond- well, until she feels Momo's tongue pressing harder against her own, and a low moan erupts from the pit of . However, seconds after things take an abrupt turn. The clawing hands and the searching tongue suddenly withdraw, only to reappear at Tzuyu's neck. Heated kisses and strong hands forcing her back against the wall.

Momo's knee pushes between Tzuyu's legs, and Tzuyu can feel her own knees weakening, and her head spinning so fast, and she's losing control. She can't help it when her head falls back, and another loud moan escapes her lips.

This seems to shake Momo from her own fervor, as she lunges away from Tzuyu. When Tzuyu opens her eyes, everything she could see with blurry vision was a shaking, panting, terrified Momo, with wide dark pools staring back at her.

"Momo, I didn't-.."

"I'm sorry." Momo whispers, before bolting off down the hall once again.

 


 

AN~

So, I'm sorry for the long wait guys. I have a pretty hectic lifestyle and a lot of studying to do right now.
I'm so happy to finally have finished this chapter tho, and I hope you enjoyed it.

The next chapter will be the last one, and I've had so much fun writing this one. Hopefully, when I have more time, I'll be posting a sort-of-sequel to this one. With a different pairing tho. Can you guess what pairing?

Thanks for supporting me and being so nice about everything. Y'all are the best.
Thank you, once again.