Chapter 1 : And so the story begins

Flustered and Naive
 


The pink fabric of her sweatshirt folded unevenly as Tzuyu absentmindedly unpacked her luggage. She had been mulling over this since the bus-ride here. Why did Momo decide to room with Tzuyu the entirety of the next two weeks? Sure, they were both members of Twice, and sure, they had never been on bad terms. She actually liked Momo, and Momo never made her feel left out. Momo is a kind person, and they have a lot of fun together. Yet, Tzuyu figured that Momo would want to spend her free time with either Sana, Mina or Jeongyeon. To be completely honest the thought that Momo would spend time with Tzuyu, rather than any of the others had never even crossed Tzuyu's mind. Not to mention spend a room together with her for two weeks.

 


 

"All-right! Listen up everybody!" Jihyo shouted at the bus full of noisy youths. The laughter died down and everyone faced towards the front of the bus. Jihyo smiled at her team and made a small nod. "We'll be arriving in about an hour, so we're deciding roomates right now. That way there'll be no confusion when we finally get there. You'll be living two and two, I'll be staying in the same room as two of you, but we'll get to that later. I'll start over here, alright?" Jihyo said, as she pointed to Nayeon. Everyone nodded.

"Right, so who do you want to stay with?" Nayeon looked to the ceiling and faux-contemplated her options, before she smiled at Jeongyeon and used an imaginary gun to shoot at her. "This idiot right here!" Everyone more or less chuckled at the obvious choice. Tzuyu made eye contact with Sana, who immediately shot back a wink as to say "Yeah, we could totally live together!". Sana was a good friend to her, and while Tzuyu spent most of her time with Chaeyoung and Dahyun (seeing as they lived together) she knew that the two of them would pick each other. Sana was the obvious choice. 

"Right, next. Momo, who do you want to stay with?" Tzuyu wasn't even really paying attention until she heard her own name and the entire bus fell silent for an agonizing couple of seconds. Tzuyu looked up to see that every single pair of eyes was glued onto her. "What? Did someone say my name?" she questioned, and as all the fellow members burst out into a fit of laughter, she could feel her ears starting to blush. "I did, you dork. You need to stop zoning out!" Momo waved and laughed. Tzuyu couldn't believe her ears, and as her eyes met the eyes of her future roomate, she couldn't help but feel a bit scared, but most of all, confused. Sana stared at the side of Tzuyu's head with an apologetic smile glued onto her lips.

 


 

She sighed as she tossed a pair of socks back into her bag, frustration seeping through her skin as she ran a hand through her hair. She glanced around the room, right now she was all alone, Momo had gone to the cafeteria to buy something. Two single beds were stationed a bit apart, and a couple of Momo's things were already thrown haphazardly over one of the sheets. The door to the bathroom was slightly ajar, and through the small slit she could barely make out a small shower cabinet. An excessive amount of pillows adorned the entire room, mismatched in horrendous patterns and colours. And the carpet was a crazy shade of orange that Tzuyu thought would be almost impossible to keep clean. Nonetheless the room was fresh, and warm, and smelled of some kind of flower. Artificially created, Tzuyu suspected, but it was sweet, and comfortable.

The Inn owners was and old couple from some western country, germany maybe, the only other personnel was their son. A short man with golden hair and blue eyes, a big nose and small lips. He wasn't very attractive at all, but he was helpful and friendly. He probably stayed here to help his parents with the inn, since they certainly were too old to take care of it on their own.

The door slammed shut as Momo entered the room, startling Tzuyu out of her daze.

"Yo!" Momo smiled at the maknae, and Tzuyu shot a crooked smile back, still unsure about the entire situation. 

"Think fast" Momo taunted as she threw a peach in Tzuyu's direction. Tzuyu's long arms started flailing in a desperate attempt to catch the small fruit, but all efforts were in vain as the pink-ish fruit thudded unceremoniously against the carpet floor . Momo looked absolutely heartbroken at the sight of this precious piece of fruit, all bruised and broken, at the feet of her now frozen friend. "Tzuyu.." she whined, stomping her feet like a child. Tzuyu was freaking out internally, and started laughing nervously, which caused Momo to look confused.

"I'm so sorry, I'm no good, I'm really so, so sorry unnie." Tzuyu swallowed back her nervous laughter and went back to her stoic (albeit terrified) expression. Momo just stood there, watching Tzuyu's nerves unravel until she was absolutely positive she would explode at any second. Then it was Momo's turn to laugh, but this laugh, unlike Tzuyu's, wasn't nervous.

"Don't worry baby, it'll be alright. I shouldn't have thrown it in the first place." She approached Tzuyu, who was now not only internally panicking, but internally screaming. Momo put her arms around the maknae's shoulders, patting her head and cooed into her neck as a way of comfort. Tzuyu felt as if her skin was on fire, her ears had to be the brightest shade of red on the entire planet. She was so embarrased, that she thought she might actually die. Momo snickered lightly before taking a step back from Tzuyu. "You're such a dork, you know that? You look like a sad puppy. I promise I wont kick you or anything." Tzuyu couldn't answer, she just nodded.

"Hey, you look kind of red are you oka-" The door slams open and the excited sing song of Dahyun announcing a "team-building-night-walk" interrupts Momo and her inquires. "Tzuyuu~ Don't be late! I will send all the evil spirits after you!~" Dahyun warned, in an attempted "spooky"-voice, while she swayed her body from side to side, crouching slightly and flailing her arms above her head. "Shut up, you wouldn't!" Tzuyu shrieks, chills making their way down the back of her neck.

"You know I would!~" Dahyun changes demeanor in 0.2 split seconds, and blows a kiss cutely in their direction before making her way down the hall to tell the other members.

"I can't believe her." Tzuyu muttered under her breath. Dahyun knew that she was afraid of ghosts, so of course she just had to threaten her with the possibility of all the woodland spirits coming after her. Dahyun could be such a meanie. Tzuyu didn't think that Dahyun had any sort of connection or powers related to the other side, but you could never be too safe or too sure. 

Tzuyu instantly started digging through her bag after som warmer clothes, and after a few seconds of being hyper-aware of the brown pair of eyes studying her, she turns back to meet the sight of Momo staring at her . "What? Do I have something on me? Did I sit in something?" Momo's eyes snap up towards Tzuyu's, and away from her.. jeans? Wait, was she looking at-

"No, no, there's nothing on you. I just zoned out for a second." Momo turns around abruptly and digs out a jacket and a pair of sweats. "I'll be in the bathroom, changing." Momo mutters before stomping off towards the bathroom door, but she stops in the doorway "you don't have to be scared you know? No one'll hurt you." she murmurs with her back turned, before entering the bathroom and locking the door behind her. Tzuyu stands dumbfounded, and confused. It had never been easy to read Momo, but today it was especially hard. Her eyes land on the forgotten fruit on the bedroom floor, and her stomach fluttered in an uncomfortable manner. She picked it up, and took a bite. It was bruised, but sweet nonetheless. It reminded her of Momo, and she began thinking. What is Momo up to?

 


 

"Hey, can I ask you a question?" Tzuyu whispers to Sana. Sana just looks at Tzuyu and her brows furrow, she looks like she just missed a vital part of information. "Why are you whispering?" Sana whispers back. She huddles closer to Tzuyu beneath their blanket, as they walk along the isolated dirt-trail that slithers through these woods. Tzuyu nods her head discreetly towards Jeongyeon and Momo, who are a couple of feet ahead of them, laughing and talking loudly. Sana and Tzuyu are at the back of the group, while the rest are in front of Momo and Jeongyeon.

"What about them?" Sana looks really confused, open in a small o, and her eyes wide open. Tzuyu looks at the pair in front of them, and then back to Sana. "Not them, Momo." Tzuyu whispers.

"Yeah, okay, what about her?" Sana asks, looking more and more concerned. Tzuyu takes a deep breath, this has been weighing her down, and she knows that she can trust Sana.

"I don't understand why she picked me as her roomate. And she's been acting kind of strange.. or well, yeah. Strange, I guess. Maybe she just extra-Momo today.. but I don't know what to think about it. I don't know why she's doing this." Tzuyu says, looking a bit deflated, her shoulders slumped and her eyes downcast. Sana studies her, before turning her gaze upon Momo.

"I don't know either. Momo is.. well, Momo, so I can't really say that it's out of character, but it definitely is unusual. I'm sure it's nothing though. Why don't you ask her? She's really nice you know. I bet the two of you would be such great friends, if you only tried. So try, okay? Fighting~" Sana tries to cheer Tzuyu up, and it seems to be doing some good at the very least, as Tzuyu looks up and meets Sana's eyes. 

"Thank you. I just have to try and get along with her. I'm sure it's nothing." Tzuyu repeats, trying to convince herself, but deep down, she somehow knew that this wasn't over.

 


 

Momo comes back to the room later than Tzuyu did, she had probably been over at the 2yeon + Jihyo room. She shuts and locks the door delicately behind her, and while Tzuyu tries to keep her attention on the magazine in her hands, she finds herself extremely aware of Momo's presence, and what she is doing. The magazine serves more as a cover than anything else. Momo stops in the middle of the room and just stares at Tzuyu. Tzuyu notices, because honestly she is using every bit of peripheral vision she has to be able to see her without actually looking at her.

Momo seems to decide against talking to Tzuyu, buying into the fraud of faux attention Tzuyu had directed towards the magazine. Instead, she walks over to her bag and with her back turned, pulls out a pair of pyjamas. A pink tank-top and a pair of gray, plad pyjama-pants. Before Tzuyu has a chance to react Momo slips out of her sweatpants, and Tzuyu's eyes are involuntarily drawn towards the long, slender, legs. If she was able to breathe she would have gasped when Momo started pulling off her Hoodie, revealing nothing but tender muscles dancing under smooth skin. Surprisingly, Momo had chosen not to wear a bra, and Tzuyu thanked the gods for having to only see her back, and cursed them all at the same time, for putting her in this situation. She couldn't for the love of all that is holy rip her eyes away from the perfectly toned body of her older roommate. Not until pink fabric once again covered Momo's back.

Tzuyu could feel the heat returning to not only her ears, but the pit of her stomach and along the small of her back. She felt a bit nauseous, as if she would convulse and die and throw up everywhere out of embarrassment. She hastily snapped her attention back to the magazine when Momo started turning around. Everything was quiet for a few seconds, until Momo started approaching Tzuyu's bed, where she was laying down. 

Tzuyu looked up in disbelief when she felt the edge of her bed dip down a bit from Momo's weight. "What?" Tzuyu sputtered, feeling as if she's been caught.

"You look like you might be sick, you're practically as red as a strawberry." Momo's eyes studied Tzuyu's face, and her lips were drawn into a tight line of concern. Tzuyu's mouth felt dry, and she was frozen in place.

"I'm not sick" Tzuyu forces herself to say.

Momo just looks at her for a few more seconds before raising her hand to push away the hair from Tzuyu's forehead. Tzuyu's eyes follows Momo's until they're just about two inches away. Momo is now pressing her own forehead against Tzuyu's, and so her heart explodes. At least it feels like it. It hammers so hard against her ribcage that she thinks Momo might be right. Maybe she is sick? Maybe she's delusional and this isn't actually happening.

"I can't tell if you have a fever, but you're warm. Keep yourself hydrated and get some rest? Okay?" Momo speaks with a voice that is softer than a newborn puppy. Tzuyu is positive she's never seen her like this before, and all she can do is nod. Momo nods back at her before standing up to switch of the lights. They both say their goodnights and their sweet-dreams before Momo finally relents into her bed, covering herself with the blue sheets.

 


 

Tzuyu lies awake for a long while. Thinking about the day, contemplating what to do, and what is going on.
What made Momo choose Tzuyu? That's the big question. All the other weirdness that's been going on is just Momo being typical Momo. But choosing Tzuyu as her roomate.. Why?

Then Tzuyu gets an idea. She's going to find out. She's going to make this her mission, and it's going to be called "Figure-Out-Momo-Unnie's-Intentions", or for short: F.O.M.U.I.
She's going to make strategic advances towards the truth, and eventually, she will know the real intention behind Momo's choice. 
First order of bussiness: Get Sana to help.
Second: Start scheming.

F.O.M.U.I is officially a go!~