Chapter 7

Falling In Love With The Tutor

"Are you happy now?" Vernon suddenly asked his tutor at the table during breakfast. It has been a week since Mr.Wu are living together with him. Today is Saturday and it surprised Vernon on how the heck he woke up early for the weekend and oh yeah, because there is a 'creepy-total-stranger-maid' (in which Vernon insist on keeping that nickname) in the house who forced him to wake early than he usually does which is totally ruin his mood for the morning of the weekend.

"Hmm? What do you mean, Mr.Chwe?" Yifan asked him back without even spare a glance to him and just slip the tea in front of him.

Vernon rounded his eyes. Really? "Don't pretend to be a good guy here. First you are stalking me, then try to take my number, judged the way I dress, and now, AND NOW you are finally succeed with your "plan" which trying to stalk my life and surprisingly, it WORKS.How crazy could you be? Do you put something in my Mom's drink making her follows everything that you told her to do?" Vernon's voice is getting louder and louder by each words. Hearing all the things that Vernon accused him, Yifan just chuckled while slipping his tea still not having his glance spare to Vernon. Too focus on his phone.

Seriously, this guy.

Vernon grabs Yifan's phone, made the latter look at him.

"Seriously, I am talking to you,here. What is your real intention?". YIfan crossed his arms on his chest and smirk. That's it. That smirk. That ugly smirk that Vernon hate so much.

"I thought Mr Oh already told you about my plan of keeping you for a month." Yifan leans forward. This time it was Vernon who crossed his arm.

"I am sorry? What does Mr Oh has anything to do with our situation?"

Yifan sighed, "I believe he told you that you achieved an A for your task, right?"

Vernon make a confuse face. "Ahaaa.....? Then?"

"Well, there you have it! That was my ultimate plan. To make sure you scored A for all of your subjects!" Yifan grab his cellphone back and ruffles Vernon's hair.

Vernon still didn't satisfy with that answer. He believes this creature in front of him is making a joke on him plus, nobody touch his hair. Ughh. This guy. I HATE HIM. I HATE HIM. Vernon cursed inside and left with mumbles. Yifan just trace his way to upstairs while chuckling. How cute can this guy be?. He continue slipping his tea.

*

So it has been a week since he stayed at the kid’s house. Yifan actually enjoyed every second moments of his in that house. He found himself really like to tease Vernon. That kid gave him 1001 reaction but he thinks all of that was cute. He really need to check himself out. He might sounds crazy but he did fallen a little bit to Vernon. He loves how he gets irritated whenever he wake him up or told Vernon to always stays at home instead of wasting time at the club. Ok, maybe he is getting too far with this game, but since he is under his care, he need to make sure he is not getting himself trouble.

He gave Vernon some outing times during weekends because he always need to stick at home after school because of the tutor session. He once tried asking the kid where does he always hanging out or can he comes along, because why not? Being a single sometimes could be very bored, plus he just moved from China so to keep in contact with his old friends was quite difficult and it was a miracle for him to meet Sehun on that time. But he always got ignored by,

“What the heck? Mind your own business, can’t you?”

“I seriously need to tell Mom that your stalking game has gotten serious.”

“Go away, you ert!”

“Go get yourself a lover!Get a life!”

Well that last answer really had gotten him shock. Yifan had a very bad experience with his past lover and how he got rejected. He deals with a serious heartbroken and need a long time to gain back his energy. So he swears to himself not to fall in love with that kind of guy again; a very gentle, nice, polite and full with lovey-dovey promise but at the end broke it. 

So when he found Vernon, he was quite shock with that kind of attitude. At first he was like trying to just coop with his attitude because he was asked to by Vernon’s parent but then the feelings keeps on blooming slowly. He don’t want to show it much because if he loves someone, he will talk to them straightforwardly and always believe in them, so that’s why when his past lover told him that it was ok for them to stay at home alone without him coming to accompany them, Yifan do as were told. It was because Yifan was hundred percent put his trust on them. He was doing that just to protect his loves one from being stole and getting bored with him but instead the lover was the one who cheated on him.But he need to change now. He was a grown man. No longer the past one. He need to keep that habits of him away. 

So here he is, while trying to change the way he treat his past lover,instead he looks like he was a crazy stalker. But he know that everything will change sooner not until Vernon knows the truth.But still,, there is one thing that he scares up until now. He afraid that when he met them again, his love will once again be divided.

*

Yifan who was at the living room watching TV suddenly change his focus to Vernon, who was looking all dazzling, wearing some flashy clothes (as expected from the riches) and looks like he is rushing to somewhere.

“Where are you going?” Vernon stopped halfway through the living room to the door, and faced Yifan.

“Don’t tell me you are going to block me again. Even if you want to, I will go anyway.”

Yifan thought maybe for weekends he will let that boy enjoy himself more after all, too much study is not good for your brain too.

“Take care of yourself. I don’t want to hear some bad news when you are coming home. I believe if your Mom was here she will also not let you do something harmful. With who you are going with?”
Well, that answers is something that he did not expect to came out from that blond tutor’s mouth.
Usually he will not let him go or he will insist to go along with him, but to let he go and also told Vernon to take care of himself, well that was something.

“With, friends, of course! None of your business, bye!” With that he went out.

“H-hey wait! I haven’t finish yet!” He look outside, S.coups already waiting for Vernon with his car outside.”This kid, really are different. But I still like him.” Yifan speak to himself while leaning at the front door, crossing his arms. Seconds after that he realise that he is grinning like an idiot.He quickly slap both of his cheeks.

“Gosh, I should get back in, now.”Yifan went inside and close the door. His smile still haven’t faded from his face.

*

Vernon and S.coups decided that after a while since they last left their favourite club, Seventeen, they finally got time to enjoy their weekends as always tonight. Most of his club friends keep on bombing up their messenger asking where have they been.It wasn’t that easy. Since Vernon finally scored his task, he determined to focus more on his study than clubbing. Of course, he will skipping class like always, but this time rather than clubbing, they usually went to a park or get an ice cream or a food stalls. Because the more the brain work, the more the person get hungry.He will still hanging out with his friends. Maybe only for the weekends, he will enjoy himself a little bit more than usual.

Not to mention, it was his final year of high school and after this he will going places whether college or start a business. But his father prefers him to continue his study at the college first.Then it strike Vernon that it was time to think for the future.

“So…How was it? Is going out got really difficult today?” S.coups asked his best friend while eyes focusing on the road.

“Well, surprisingly, no. He actually let me go and told me to take care of myself, and of course like my Mom too, he was asking me some questions as if I was about to running away from home. God, when will this things end?”Vernon sigh, while his friend could just laughing from the driver seat.

“Hey, by the way, have you heard that we got new people in town?” Vernon who just scrolling on his phone make a confuse face and look atS.coups.

“New people? Who? New member to join in the Club?”

“Yeah, and there are some rumours telling that the kid was just moved from another country.Rich and yeah, got looks that could kills whoever that looking.” At the end of the line Vernon could sense that S.coups is grinning and he could see that he was looking him sneakily.

“Your intention of telling me this?”

“He could steal your spotlight, you know?”

Vernon don’t feel like argue with his friend tonight so he just ignore him.

*
As they arrived at the Club, they could sense something is different than usual. Wasn’t sure whether it was the side effect of not going to that Club for a very long time or there is definitely something different going on there tonight. The Club is quite merrier and there are some girls who is making a dead whale sounds all over the entrance.

As they enter the Club, most of the girls are gather at the one place while screaming and making a flirty sounds. For the first time Vernon feel like he is finally able to breath from those crazy girls who like to surround him the moment he enter the Club. He and S.coups tip-toed as eyes looking at whoever it is that catch the girls attention.

“Hey, Bros! Long time no see!” Suddenly there is a sound coming from behind as a tap came from both of their shoulders. As both of them looking back, there stood their friend who is from another school, Mingyu.
“Hey, what cause such a riot?” S.coups asked him.

“Well, you see, since there is a new guy coming to town, it looks like all of the girls are head over heel for them,”Both of Vernon and S.coups making an oooh sound. “Oh, he is coming towards here,”

“Woop, I think we better move, I don’t want to be squish like a sardine in the can by those girls, I want to breath, man.”Vernon’s blunt statement receive a chuckle from S.coups and Mingyu. Both Vernon and S.coups went to other sides.

From there he could see that guy, with blonde-orange hair and closer look to his eyes, he got a panda eyes.

“I heard people call him Joshua. Just like you, Vernon, he is American.” Wonwoo, one of his friend came from behind.

“So basically why does everyone who is American has something to do with me?” Vernon twist his body toward his friend.

“Nah, just saying, anyway on what time do you allowed to go home today? I heard you got some issues. That’s why we haven’t seen you lately.” Wonwoo . Apart from S.coups, Mingyu and Wonwoo also know how Vernon’s parent treat their son. That cause Vernon to roll his eyes and making his annoying face,

“You know what, they are not at home right now, so I think I will partying a little hard tonight, plus I miss this place.”

*

It is already 4.a.m in the morning and there is no sign of Vernon coming home yet and this cause Yifan to worry. It is normal for Yifan not to sleep for a day especially when he got to many works regarding his business in China. But for a highschooler, to return this late, wow, world has definitely change. This is his third time of making coffee and he knows he will have sleeping problems for the following days but he need to make sure that he was there when Vernon come back.

Suddenly there is a sound of a door open, not too loud as if someone is trying to open it sneakily don’t want people to heard it out but sadly, Yifan was there and there he met with Vernon.

“I believe you are late.”

Vernon then straighten his body and met Yifan’s eyes.

“You gave me permission, remember? I believe there is no rule on time.”

“I am about to said it but you went away.”

“Well it wasn’t my fault that you were slow.”

“Excuse me?” Vernon then gave him his smug smile and then stick his tongue out.

“You can’t force me!” With that he run upstairs and shut his door with a loud sound.

Yifan didn’t know whether he want to feel angry or funny at t he kid reaction. He knows that he should be angry to him but he couldn’t help himself to chuckle at the kid. Oh well, he could discuss it with Vernon tomorrow because for now he needs to find a way on how getting to sleep or else he will ends up like a zombie for the next morning.

*

Vernon grunt as he wake up that morning. He could feel the effect of partying really hard last night but its not like he is drinking or anything. Maybe because he slept too late and ended up waking late also. He moves the blanket off him and realise that he slept without changing his clothes. He stumbles on his shoes and hurt his forehead against the floor leaving a swollen and red marks on his. “Great, just a great way to waking up in weekend.” He pick himself up and grab his towel and walk into the bathroom. 

Bathing is not a good thing especially when you have a swollen on your forehead. Vernon went downstairs and something doesn’t feel right. It was too quite.That was strange, usually the foods have already placed on the table, but today the table looks empty. One more thing, where the heck is that blonde guy. Usually that guy will lingering around the living room but today there is no trace of him.

Vernon went to kitchen to grab some biscuits. Usually Yifan will be the one who cooks for him. He need to ask S.coups to go out to grab their lunch later. He look at the clock. It is already 2p.m, could it be that Yifan still hasn’t wake up yet? Or maybe he went to somewhere else? So not like him. Vernon warned himself not to sneakily go inside the man’s room,but he failed. After he grab his third biscuits, he went upstairs.

Carefully he walk to make sure that it won’t wake anyone.He carefully open the door of the room (He must be crazy). Not much light into the room. Vernon couldn’t see anything but he did saw a somewhat like a person laying on the bed, must be his tutor. He did a mental notes to himself to tease his tutor about this. Just he is about to walk out from the room, once again he stumble upon something making himself flopped down onto the bed.

Ouch…Not again. Curse this room of his and whatever I just stumbled on,

Vernon helped himself to get up when he realise that he is actually face to face with sleeping Yifan. He was shocked himself but at that moment his mind must have flying somewhere else. Instead of getting up, he just stay silent like that. Eyes just couldn’t stop looking at his tutor handsome face. His sharp nose and a small lip light up his face more. After a while staring at the latter’s face, Vernon shook his head and get up from the bed when suddenly his hand is being grab by Yifan.

“Hnngh…, Vernon… is that you..? What are you doing up here?” Yifan mumbles as he looks like having a hard time to open his eyes.

“. I am done.” Vernon told himself inside. He is sitting on the bed trying to loosen the grip on his hand.

When Yifan finally wake from his slumber, he combing his hair up with his other hand and look at Vernon. Eventhough the room is dark, but the swollen has gotten bigger making Yifan widen his eyes.

“Oh my god! What happens to your forehead?” Yifan went to panic attack, he touch Vernon’s face carefully and gently rub at the swollen part.

“I-It was nothing! I just stumbled-”

“I swear last night there was nothing on your forehead!”

“Yeah, because I just got it this morning-”

“Wait for a moment!” Yifan quickly open up his drawer which is beside of the bed, struggling finding things in dark. While Vernon try to escape from the situation, he failed once again when Yifan hold his hand making him sit back on the bed.

Yifan switch on the table lamp and opens the bottle of some medicine and gently rub it at the swollen part. “Was it still hurt?” Yifan gently brush Vernon’s hair from the swollen part.

Vernon could feel like his cheek is turning somewhat light pink together with the burning sensation. He shouldn’t feel like that. He hate that guy. But he wonder why his heart is beating faster than usual.

“No, I am a grown man, remember? I can take care of myself.” Vernon quickly get up from the bed, “I will be out later, to grab lunch with S.coups.” Lunch? Yifan checked his phone for the time. He widen his eyes again as it was already past noon. This is why he hates drinking too much coffee.

“Just wait for me to take a bath first then we can go and grab lunch together, alright?” Vernon then face Yifan while making his puzzled face.

“But I don’t want to go with you.”

“But I want to, just wait ok?” Yifan grab his towel and went inside the bathroom.

Well, whatever, by the way he is really hungry at that time. Vernon could probably use his tutor’s money to go and buy some delicious foods. This may sounds like a childish way to play a revenge on someone, but who cares.

*


Behold people, I am updating 4 chapters at once. Oh well. I didn't read it again, so I am sorry if there is grammar error here and there. Oh yeah, here come Joshua, ;)