Chapter 3

Falling In Love With The Tutor

"...and.. Now, lets do the second part of the exercise, shall we?" Yifan told Vernon as he scoop a spoonfull of ice cream into his mouth.

 

"Ughhh... But i just finish five questions earlier! I tought we have a deal to give me some break. Look! My ice-cream is already meltiinnngggg!" Vernon huffed to the situation while looking at his ice-cream as its melting.

 

Yifan stoped and look at Vernon. "And i tought WE have a deal to have this tutoring session at YOUR HOUSE but then you tried to PLAY TRUANT and he we are, ended at this nice place :) ."He gave his innocent smile ever to Vernon. Vernon then look away leaning his back to the chair and crossed his arms.

 

Yes, after found out where Vernon is, Yifan got an idea on starting his tutor session at the cafe. It's not like it was bad, plus the cafe has a very nice scent making everyone who enters into the shop don't feel like to come out. Thanks to Sehun, he got his way there and not to mention Sehun is also there in the shop together with them watching the situation and sometimes chuckles to himself.

 

As for S.coupe he is also got drag into this situation. He need to play cool though and thanks to his brain, he got no problem at solving the equations. He bears in his mind that although they have been cought red handed, he still need to impress his crush. There, all four of them sit at the same table. Yifan and Sehun were facing those school boys.

 

"Here, i finished this one up. Can i please have a break?" After 15 minutes of struggles finishing the task, he is finally has a chance to settle down his pencil. Yifan take a look at the paper. With his normal face, he said, "Oh wow! You only have one question and you got so many mistake! You need to learn more, boy :)". Again, he ended up the conversation with his famous smile. Vernon shocked with the reply turn to his teacher.

 

"Look, Mr. Oh. He is telling me that i'am a stupid brat who could not handle a very easy-simple task because i'am so stupid!" He briefly said that to his teacher while leans into s.coupe. Sehun could only chuckles. This is the new side of Vernon that he never see before. Vernon may known as the school bad boy but he is more into spoiled boy.

 

"Come on, Vernon. I know you can do it. Me as a homeroom teacher would be really happy to see my students become succesful one day. One more thing. This blonde guy over here, he is my best friend and i known him for a quiet time. I'am really glad that he is the one who your parent asked to be your tutor. You can trust him. Believe me!" Sehun shot his angelic smile to the boys. Gosh who can resist that smile? It could melt a thousand of hearts.

 

Vernon who just couldn't lose to that blond man, huffed again. "Great. Now even ny homeroom teacher is also partnered up with him. Ughhhh.." He thencontinued eating his ice cream. Sehun could only let out soft chuckles. He then look at S.coupe. "Well i guess not everything is quite similar with both of you, right? Now, Seungcheol, i guess you succesfully maintain your score again right for the last time test. Still inside your comfort zone. Although you got a nice score, why don't you raise it up more, hm?"

 

S.coupe couldn't be more happy in his lifetime knowing that his beloved teacher remember his name. "A-ah, yes.. I will.".S.coupe blushed. Yifan on the other hand looks liked he is busy checking on the problems but he is secretly eyeing to the person infront of him. his ice cream with that pretty bright pink lip of his. Vernon really gave out some special aura to his tutor which Yifan himself couldn't explain.

 

*

 

He then close the book and starting to pack his stuff. "Well, i guess it's time for home,right? Everyone is giving out their best today.". He stand up and grab his stuffs

 

Vernon let out a relieve sigh, "FINALLYYY. THANK GOD. A LITTLE MORE WITH THIS CALCULATION  AND I'AM GONNA DIE." He bluntly said that as he stands and walks towards the cashier. They all three just stand there awkwardly while looking at Vernon walked off. Yifan then swipe off the tense atmosphere, "AHAA! OKAY THENNNN, me off first. I will give Vernon a ride to his home. His parent is not at home so I need to make sure that he is safely arrives there. Because you know, this kid is something else. He could wander around without any direction if he wanted to." He whispers at the last sentence.

 

"Ah, yes. How about you seung-something? Do you also need a ride?". S.coupe then answers him. "It's seungcheol. Thats ok. It was normal for me to walk home during this hour so, yeah, oh by the way, thank you for the invitation." He smiles to Yifan. Yifan still thinking that letting him walk alone is quiet dangerous because you know? Any possiblity could happen.

 

"Don't worry. I can accompany him. Lets go home together. It was part of my duty afterall as your homeroom teacher-to make sure that you are safe and secure." Sehun then interrupt. That suggestion received good feedback from those two. Yifan then relieves. "Yeah i think that is a good idea indeed. Take care of this kid then, Sehun. I'll contact you again later. See ya." He waves and walk off to the cashier.

 

Words could not describe how happy S.coupe was at that time. He should thanks Vernon later for his idea of skipping his home tutor session.

 

*

 

Vernon leans back at the wall while crossing his arm. "Where the heck is S.coupe? What's taking him too long? Oh yeah, i forgot Mr.Oh was also there.Ugh." He huffed and sighed again. The moment his turned his back to the store, he stumbled upon Yifan.

 

"The heck? Watch where you are going, man?". After realising the man is Yifan, he quickly shrug off the situation. "I mean,urm.. Urh..". Yifan stared straight at Vernon face, making the latter feels uncomfortable. Vernon wander his eyes into somewhere else. The tense making him blush because this is his first time having a person that is so handsome*cough, perfect body and small plump red lip with a sharp eyes stared at him. Yifan walk closer to him making Vernon slowly steps back to maintain the distance.

 

"You are coming with me." Yifan sudden decission startled Vernon. He widen his eyes. "W-what?". Yifan then sighed, " You are going home with me. Your parent is not at home, right? So it is my concern to make sure that you arrives at your home safely. Now, get into the car.". Again, this sudden action annoyed the hell out of Vernon. "I''am a grown up man already! I could take a good care of myself! You are not my family, who are you to told me what am i supposed to do?" Vernon has never fail to amaze Yifan with his attitude, but suprising, this attitude of him make Yifan more attracted to him. Yifan always think that Vernon is a mysterious person. He wanted to know more about him.

 

Yifan remains silence for a moment. Vernon as bluntly as he is then looked away. "I'am going home with S.coupe. It was normal for us to walk home like this." . Just about he want to enter the shop, Sehun and S.coupe come out from it.

 

"Ah, yes. Vernon, Mr.Oh will accompany me to home, so i think it's better for you to go home with your tutor because if anything happens to you it must be really difficult as your parent are not at home.". S.coupe suddenly become a really mature man. However, Vernon could see that deep in his eyes, S.coupe is actually want to have alone time with his only crush. How bad it is for Vernon to agree with this decission, he still don't want to turn down his best friend's happy moment so he tought maybe and ONLY MAYBE this time he will let things pass.

 

"Ugh. Okay then.". He pouted and make his way to the car and lock the door. From outside, they could see that Vernon is looking away with his mouth making a cute pout. He leans at the window on the other side while putting his palm under the chin. Not bother to look at the crowd.

 

Again, that awkward atmosphere lingers around but this time S.coupe is the one to shrug it off. "Vernon is always like that. It takes a moment for him to calm down, but after that he is good.". S.coupe told Yifan while smiling. He knows what kind of person Vernon is, but somehow he couldn't stop himself from feeling guilty. He then walk away after bows to Yifan. Sehun then follows him.

 

*

 

The awkward silence fills their journey that night. No one dares to speak. Vernon don't feels like he wanted to said anything. Not that he is mad at Yifan,(well..maybe?) but he just feels like not to having any conversation. He is always like that. The shy one who feels like whenever he wants to talk, he talk. If don't, then he will shut off. He choose to sit at the back seat. Because for him, to seat beside a person that you hate is somehow the same as torturing yourself. So it's better to sit at behind.

 

"Are you mad at me or something?" Yifan asked while sneaking at the front mirror looking at Vernon. Looks like nothing much change from Vernon. He just remain silence. "I really don't understand with your attitude, so if you want to express anything, you can do it now.". Yifan talk softlly because at this time he knows that Vernon probably has something on his mind that he couldn't talk to.

 

"I don't feels like talking. Well, actualy i have so much things in my mind but i don't think that talking to you will make it any better.". Vernon remains silence after that. His position remains the same as before. On that time Yifan take a note on himself that this kid doesn't like him afterall. But that is for Vernon. Yifan could change the rules. Vernon probably hate him, but he doesn't. He don't think that he getting closer to Vernon is something that Vernon have the right to stop. Well, not in a creepy way but Yifan will slowly progress. They continue to remain silence afterwards.

 

*

 

Arrived at Vernon's, Yifan parked his car at the front gate.

 

"Do you want me to accompany you?" Yifan asked while slightly turn around to look at Vernon. Vernon who is trying to open the door realise that it was locked. He shot his glare to Yifan.

 

"No. Are you trying to lock me forever in this crappy car?". Yifan then unlock the doors and Vernon quickly get out from the car walking off trough his gate. As he is halfway to the door, he stopped and turned his head to look at Yifan who is looking at him while leaning beside his car. That made Vernon feels annoyed and uncomfortable. Great. First he is trying to control me and now he is stalking me? What a creep.

 

"You can leave now.". Vernon crossed his arm. Yifan then chuckles. His changing attitude make Vernon difficult to understand. " I just want to make sure that you enter the house safely and oh yeah can't wait for tomorrow tutor session. DON'T EVER TRY TO SKIP IT :)." Yifan shout from outside, not too loud but enough for Vernon to heard it. Oh god when will this tutoring session will stop? Vernon just couldn't bear it anymore. He will gone crazy if everyday he got stuck with this old man. He huffed and slammed the door shut.

 

Yifan let out soft sigh. He enters his car.

 

*

 

After taking a bath, Vernon went downstairs to grab something from the fridge. Out of sudden he felt really hungry at that time. His parents are still out from home. Something came to his mind making him to look outside. He flick the curtain. He is slightly shock after seeing that Yifan's car is still there. What is wrong with this creepy blondish old man? Not seem to care anymore, he close the curtain and go to bed.

 

*

 

Vernon went downstair for breakfast and he sees that his mom and dad are also there. "Morning mom, dad." He smiles then look at the bunch of delicious foods on the table. He gasp for the moment. Drooling over it. Her mother's mood must be in a good state right now, because if not, what else could he be sitting with some delicious foods in front of him?

 

"Morning, honey." She smiles while reaching the plate for Vernon. Vernon reach the plate and when he is about to grab some chicken, his mom interupt. "Sooooo, don't you wanna tell me what happens yesterday?". She shot Vernon with the question and she seems serious about it. Vernon then let out a light gasp. "SHooot! Could it be that that blondish old man told my mom that i'am skipping the first day of tutoring?? SHOOT SHOOT IAM DEAD IAM DEAD!!!". Vernon screaming inside. Not that he will be scold by his mom, his dad is also there to hear everything. His dad probably will be dissapointed in him. But it's not like he is really skipping it. He still got to do his tutoring session at the cafe and it's not fair for him to be mad at.

 

"Yifan told me that you wanted the first day to be more exciting so you asked him to teach at the cafe? He told me that thanks to you he finally got to visit a very wonderful cafe, and oh yes! Not to mention, you are also able to do the tasks given. Although there were some mistakes here and there, but you manage to finished it all! He really compliment you much. I'am really proud of you!". His mom looks really proud with his son.

 

Vernon is actually shock with what is happening. He is speechless. Could it be that Yifan is covering him up from his mom? Was he just save Vernon? No, he tought. If he does, why? It's not like he ever does something good to Yifan. This question keeps popping up from his mind.

 

"Your mom is very good at finding a person to take care of you. When we arrives at home, we bumped with Yifan at the front gate. It was already past midnight. He told us that he is about to leave after accompany you at home. He must be really worried to leave you alone at night." His dad look at Vernon and his mom just nod telling that she is agree.

 

Vernon just stare at his dad and after he realise that he doesn't make any expression, he then flash a smile. "A-Ah yes, he really did take a good care of me.". He didn't know that yesterday, Yifan was still outside of his home until his parents came. He felt somehow guilty but quickly brushed off the feeling. No! He can't feel guilty. It wasn't his fault. He didn't force him to wait until midnight. Yifan himself volunteering. But still, he can't believe it.

 

"Honey, are you okay? Are you still dreamy?". Vernon shaked his head. "Um. N-no, i'am okay. It just so many foods to be drooling at. Haha" He gave out his nervous laugh to his parents and enjoy the meals but still, the questions keep playing in his mind making him feels curious.


Hello people. :D Sorry for the late update!! Here it goes, chapter 3!! Don't forget to subscribe and comment! What do you think of this story so far? I am thinking of pairing up these two because of their foreigner kinda look, so yeah. :'D Enjooyyyy