Chapter 4

Falling In Love With The Tutor

Vernon sat on the seat that he usually does at the cafeteria. As usual, there are many pairs of eyes are googling at him. Well, of course, for a handsome guy like him, no wonder people just couldn't stop. The girls keep on gossiping wether he already has a person he loved or not and the guys? They just couldn't stop talking how pretty his face is despite the fact that most of the girls think that he is handsome, but different from the boys, they think Vernon is more into pretty and mysterious. For them he is precious. Like a diamond in a glass beaker.

 

As he is eating his lunch, S.coupe came. Putting his right arm around Vernon and sit beside him. " Helloooo." . Vernon mumbles with his food in his mouth. "Oh, hi.".

 

" Before i forgot,WHY.DON'T.YOU.TELL.ME.EARLIER.THAT.YOU.HAVE.SUCH.A.HANDSOME.INTELLIGENCE.WELL.BUILD.TUTOR???? I don't know that he has such a handsome look. Anyway, you got such a great tutor there." He ended his words with a wink. That action almost make Vernon to choke.

 

"E.X.C.U.S.E.M.E??? Why do i have to mention how he looks like? I don't think that he has such a nice look. Just a typical cold-city-guy- face, but unfortunately, he is not that cold. I think he is more into sarcastic. Uugghhjh!! I can't stand his smile everytime he did it to others. Looks like ert!" . Vernon stuffed his bread angrily to his mouth.

 

"Oh yeah. One more thing. I would like to thank you. If it weren't for you, i probably wouldn't have a chance to walk home with Mr.Oh yesterday." He gave Vernon his gummy smile. Vernon then making his disgust face. " Ughhh... Your...welcome?". They both then laugh.

 

" So, are you going or not to your tutor session? I don't think after what happens yesterday, you still got gut to skip it, right?" . Yeah, S.coupe's words made Vernon thinking of what happens yesterday. What is the reason of Yifan telling his mother the false stories still remain as a question in his head. Not to mention, he even compliments him? He make him thinking again. If he skip for the second time, will Yifan covered up for him? His curiousity got him up.

 

" Nop. I have told you before right? That this was all my mom's decission. It's not mean that i have to follow, no?". S.coupe stares at him. " No way. No f way that you are going to skip it again." . Vernon slurped his drink. " Yes way."

 

*

Lucky for them that Mr.Oh was not the one who is ended their class on that day. As Vernon plans, they both went somewhere else after class.

 

Back at his home, Yifan is already waiting at the couch.

 

"I'am very sorry Yifan to troubled you and has to make you waiting.". Vernon's mom come with a cup of tea and some biscuits on a tray. She couldn't believe that his son still haven't come back. It was already pass an hour from the time he have to. " I have already called his cellphone so many times and he haven't picked it up.". She sounded really sad with what happens

 

Yifan feels guilty for making her sad. He really don't mind waiting but he couldn't bear looking at someone that looks like they are really sorry. It wasn't her fault after all. Yifan doesn't blame Vernon either, because he know that from the beginning, Vernon has always hate this. Hate him. Hate everything, but at least, please answers his mom's call. Instead of making his mom worried, why don't he just answers the call and come out with some random excuses for not going for today session? At least his mom won't be this worried.

 

Yifan then snapped at the idea. If Vernon don't, then he could just do it himself.

 

He then looks at his phone. " No. You don't have to be sorry, Mrs.Chwe. By the way, i just got an urgent message. I think i need to cancel today's session. I need to go somewhere else after this, so i guess it's ok then for Vernon to come back late." Yeah. He lied. There was no such things as an urgent message. He just want to swipe off the guilty feelings of her.

 

" Really? But once again, I'am really sorry for my son's behaviour.". Mrs. Chwe looks down at the floor with a hint of a sad tone.

 

" Ahh.. It's ok, you don't have to apologize. I'am the one who cancelled and about your son, i bet he really has important things to do today that he forgot about the session. I know he wont purposely skip it because he did very well yesterday.". After what Yifan said, he could see that his words brighten up her face. She then thanks him for everything.

 

"well, i think i should get going then. Thanks Mrs.Chwe. :)" He let out his beauty smile. Walk out through the door.

 

*

 

It's already night and Vernon hasn't come home yet. Mrs.Chwe is already waiting at the living room. Lucky for him that his dad need to work overtime on that day.

 

The moment Vernon entered the house, he was greeted by his mom, crossing her arm.

 

"I bet you have a very valid reason for skipping today tutoring session, don't you? Too important that you didn't even answer all of my phone calls.". Mrs.Chwe turned into a serious detective who is throwing some sarcastic questions to Vernon. Vernon just stand there and try to figure out some logic excuses. He is currently nervous himself out.

 

"I-I have a-a baseball tournament! Yes! A baseball tournament just now!". He nervously gave his mom the excuses. There, Mrs.Chwe still standing and furrowed her eyebrows. The excuses is not strong enough for his mom to believe him. He need to figure out other ways to soften her hearts.

 

He quickly hugged his mother. " I am really really really really sorry for not answering your calls! I am too busy with the tournament and when I realise it, my phone was already dead!". He snuggled into his mom neck and look at her in the eyes. Suprising, the technique worked! His mom believed it.

 

"I forgive you. Only for this time. Mr Yifan was already here but then he got to go somewhere else and he cancelled the session today. So make sure tomorrow, you come home early, you got it?".

 

"Yes mom.". Vernon then talked to his inner self. Could it be that Yifan is covering up for him or it was just a perfect time of coincidence? Who cares? Because tomorrow, with her mother's right, he need to attend the session. Vernon huffed.

 

*

Yifan is already infront of the door. He has lots of things going on in his mind but he just don't want to think about it for the moment. He sometimes asked himself how far will Vernon hates him and accept him as a tutor. How bad could it be?. He then knocked at the door and the sounds of the foodsteps is approaching.

 

As the door opened, Mrs.Chwe greets him.

 

"Good evening, Yifan. Come in.". She has a very beautiful smile and her eyes is squintting everytime she smiles. Yifan glad that she is no longer worried about yesterday's.

 

"The study room is upstairs, just turn right, and it is the last room and Vernon is already in. If you need anything, don't be shy to ask, hm?". She informed Yifan where is the room and pointing at the hallways. He then nod and walk himself upstairs.

 

The sight of the house is really beautiful. It was a combination of pastel color, just like the vintage house he seen at the tv. Yifan adored how the furnitures and the colors combined very well and came out with harmony feelings from it. He saw lots of family photos arranged neatly on the table. He reached his hand to open the door.

 

The door is open and he could see how big the room is. The bookshelves can be seen almost in entire side of the room. There is a long study desk at the corner and some chairs. Then he saw Vernon, sitting on the table with his leg crossed. Yifan let out a small gasp. Vernon was wearing a chubbies shorts with a light brown color. It was very short making his milky white leg is showing. Wearing a loose, short sleeves t-shirt shows more of his pure beautiful skin. Yifan blushed at the sight. Look as if Vernon is not wearing any shorts.

 

Yifan quickly shrugged of the weird feelings getting into him. He huffed. "I was really impressed that you are not thinking of escaping today. It was for your own good.". Vernon glared at him. Yifan knows that famous glare. He has been used to it.

 

"I'am agree for my mom and it have nohing to do with something else including you.". They both glance at each other. Yifan scolds himself that instead of feels the hatred towards the kid, he is actually liking the beautiful sight in front of him. "Damn! NO! STOP IT YIFAN! That is a kid. A fvking little kid! You are not a sort of e! Eventhough he will turns 19 next year and is currenly in his last year and it's not wrong to have some sort of relation...WAIT. NO. STOP ITTTTT!! WAKE UP YIFANNN!". Yifan quickly turned away making Vernon startled a little.

 

"Okay then, lets start with literature! Mr.Oh told me that your score was slightly over the tip for the last test?". Vernon shrugged off and get down from the desk and sit on the chair.

 

"Yeah, but It's not a fail,okay??"

 

"But you 'almost'". Yifan gave his smirk at Vernon while taking out some of exercises and push it infront of Vernon. Vernon looks up and shot his annoyed face at Yifan.He snatched the book and roughly opened it.

 

*

 

2 hours have passed, and Yifan found out that it was quite interesting for him to watch how Vernon behaves. He sometimes look away when there is some questions that he didn't know how to do. Sometimes he was scrolling through his phone. At the moments when Yifan thought that maybe he would give up, he is wrong. Vernon actually did looked at another questions for him to answer if he can, but one things that Yifan realise was that Vernon would not give up until he get the answer, and how hard it is, he is not asking Yifan for help.

 

He pours some water in the glass and placed it at the corner of the desk. "Here, drink this first. Let some oxygen flows through your mind. With that, you will be able to focus more. It's not good to force everything at once, you know?". He leans at the desk.

 

Vernon stretched his arms out. Probably tired after all of the struggling. He didn't talk much. He then reached for the drink. The way his lip touching the top of the glass really attracts Yifan attention. His face looks really pretty at the sight of evening rays from windows at the background and how his adam's apple moves everytime the water flows in. He just born with perfection.

 

Yifan let out a soft chuckles.

 

Vernon looks at him. More into I'am-judging-you-really-hard-look. "What? What is so funny?" .

 

Yifan looks at his face and tilted his head a little. "Nothing..?"

 

"WAIT. DO YOU PUT SOMETHING IN THIS DRINK?" Vernon let out a big gasp and with that sudden statement made Yifan laugh uncontrollably.

 

"What? Do you think I WAS THAT EVIL?? Heck no I'am not. You know what Vernon, you are so funny. I decided that i like you.".

 

That blunt statement send shivers to Vernon's spine. Although he knows that it just a blunt statement, but somehow his heart is blooming for a second. As if it was a confession. Vernon blushed from the inside. No! He can't be! He hate his tutor and he will always be!

 

"Now, can i have your numbers?". Vernon startled a little. He looks up towards Yifan and they both look at each other. Somehow it seems like the time has stop for a moment. Vernon blinked his eyes a few times and shakes his head.

 

"Wow. First you stalked me to the cafe and now you want to have my number so that you could creeps me every night? Nop. I'am so not giving you.". He crossed his arms and furrows his eyebrows. As Yifan expected, Vernon does stick to his priorities, which is hating him.

 

"EXCUSE ME? I want to have your numbers so that i could easily contact you wether the session is still going on or not or where you are at the moment in case you are trying to escape again. Me? Creeps you? My time is toooo expensive for something that is a waste of time.". Yifan rolls his eyes. His reason is valid.

 

Vernon stares at him. "Okay, fine. I'am giving you my home number. So, if anytthing happens, you could contact straight to my home.My mom will be there." He ended his words with unsincere smiles. This kid is really good at keeping his privacy away. Yifan doesn't think that it is a problem afterall. It's not like he will acts like a schoolgirls, squeeling after their crush's number. If he get his number by theway, he won't contact him for unimportant business.

 

"Sure, it's not a problem. It will be easy then. This would help your mother to always reminds you for the tutor session and the possibility of you to escape again will decrease.". Yifan take out his phone for Vernon and smirks.

 

As Vernon typing his home number, he glanced at Yifan. "I hate you.". Yifan just chuckles.

 

"I know. You don't have to reminds me all over again. Who knows that your 'hate' one day could turns into something else?". Again, Yifan teased Vernon. Vernon blinks for a few times and quickly push the phone aside with a red face. He looks up straight to Yifan's face.

 

" I.HATE.YOU.AND.I.WILL.FOREVER.BE!!

 


Hello peopleeee XD, here is the updateee, hope you guys enjoy reading this. Don't forget to comment and subscribe!! Do you have any interesting ideas of what is going on next?? Mind to share with me at the comment sectionn. :D