Chapter 1

Falling In Love With The Tutor

"CHWE VERNON HANSOL!" a loud scream came from downstair making the latter woke up from his sleep. The latter seems annoyed with the sound. He frowns and quickly grab the blanket to cover up his face as the light rushing through his room. The latter still lazying on his bed not to care with the screaming just now.

 

The sound of the foodsteps are getting louder and louder to his bedroom. BAM. The door is open. "Veron! How many times do i have to scream your name until you are fully wake? Dont you know today is Monday? Its school day. Quick, wake up and get ready for school. Fix your grade. Huh... I dont know what more should i said to you to make you change.WAKE UP CHWE HANSOL!" With the last scream,Vernon quickly pull off his blanket and groans. He is making his annoying face to his mom. "Can't i just skip school and get back to sleep?? I havent get enough sleep this week!"

 

"What? It was your own fault for not getting enough sleep. You have been going out with your friends late at night and came back when it is morning. Its not like you are studying until late at night, but you are doing something that is useless!"

 

"Mom, are you forbidding me from hangout with friends?". Vernon frowns.

 

"its not like that, but still, if your grade still havent improve, i need to do something about it." his mom is brushing his hair with her hand as a sign that she is care about him.

 

" Then let me do things that i want." With that , vernon went to his bathroom and slam the door. His mom sigh slowly. She may looks like a tough and a strict mom but deep in her heart she is actually care about her son and she will do anything to make sure that her son will not regret with his future later. She knows that all of his friends are nice and good people but somehow she can't stand it with some of their's habits of going out late until midnight and especially when her son's grades is falling.

 

Vernon put on his uniform and comb his hair. Telling the truth, Vernon is a good looking guy. Taking after his father and mother's gene, he is half American and half Korean. He seems not to care much about his looks but still just by wearing a plain t-shirt could already melt the girls and even the boys. He quickly rush downstair to grab the breakfast.

 

"where is Papa?" Vernon asked his mom before stuffing a whole bread into his mouth.

 

"He got a big project ahead so he need to arrive to the office early to meet his clients." His mom smiles looking at her son acting like a child. "Here, this is your milk, dont forget to drink it before you go to school. You know that you already late,right?"

 

"Yeah, got it, mom, and yes, don't worry, i'am not the only one who is going to be late." Vernon smirks before finish his drink in one take. "Bye mom!" Vernon waves to his mom and quickly wear he shoes and running out from his home. His mom could only smiles but at the same time she is also feels concern of her son.

 

*

 

"Where the heck is Vernon?? He is already late! He should call me if he want to skip his classes today and not making me waiting for him like a loser like this." A person is looking at his watch knowing that he is late.

 

"S.COUPEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!"

 

"THE HECKKKK???" S.coupe startled with the sudden action. "Where are you , Vernon?? I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU LIKE AN HOUR YOU KNOW??" He purposedly raised his voice a little bit higher just to inform Vernon that its not worth it waiting for him but he is also relieves that he showed up at the last minute.

 

"Last night party still got me you know, plus my mom is screaming at me early in the morning and nagging me about my grade. Its not like i could do something with it and one more thing, i know that i am late but its not even an hour." Vernon leans his head on his friend shoulder, pouting.

 

"HAHAHHAA, i told you not to partying TOOO hard but oh well, you wont listen to me anywayyy soooo....... SERVES YOU RIGHT!"

 

"i hate you."

 

"Ayyyyyyyy, you are welcomee," Vernon removes his head and after giving S.coupe his death glares, he quicken his pace leaving S.coupe behind. "Aaaaw did the american prince got mad??" S.coups shouted from behind. After not receiving any respond from Vernon, his face is changing. "Hey, Vernon, are you really mad at me??"

 

"Im SORRY OKAY??"

 

"Heyy!!"

 

"It was my fault , im sorry, forgive meeeehhhhhh"

 

"VERNON, TALK TO MEEE"

 

Vernon from the other hand just smiling and keeps quicken his pace without even turning his head at the back. It was fun to tease S.coupe for a while is probably what he is thinking at the moments.

 

*

 

The bell rang as the first period is starting. Like a normal classroom, mix with half of the boys and the girls and of course they have the class gossipers, a group with nerds, the normal ones, the popular ones and with popular, it means that Vernon is the part of the group. He is not like the other 'popular' guys who loves to play around with girls and dump them whenever they want to, but for Vernon's case, he is more into quite side. He is still not fluent in Korean so he rather not to speak much because to him, the more you speak, the more complicate the words is.He usually shows his true side to one and only bestfriend, S.coupe. For him, S.coupe may looks like a guy who is not paying attention seriously, but with Vernon, he cares about him. Like, too much.

 

"Okay students, please sit down. I have something important to announce and i know that this is the time which every and each one of you have been waiting for..." The homeroom teacher suddenly rush into the classroom with a large pile of paper in his arm. The sound of the students groaning is louder and louder. They seems not to agree with the teacher.

 

"i know, you must be excited right??? What i have in my hand right now is the result of your last exam! I cant wait to return the paper to you!" The teacher smile is the most innocent of all, Vernon, who is still not in the mood for the result is staring at the smile making him wonder himself that no wonder his bestfriend has a huge crush toward their homeroom teacher. Not only that he is intelligence, has a nice body with a package of a good looking but the most important is he is so innocent like a lost child who does not know anything about other else and the smile that could melts almost everyone who see it. That is Mr. Oh Sehun. Vernon then face away to his bestfriend who maintains a cool looking face but actually is squeeling like a girl inside.

 

Vernon sighing for who knows how many time now, he just still cant forget of what his mom reminds him back then. He knows that his result will still be same. No improvement. He knew that he is dead.

 

"Chwe Vernon Hansol," The teacher then call Vernon's name. Vernon come out to the front.

 

"I dont know what else could i do for you, Vernon, if you want an extra class, i would be glad to have a private tutor for you,ok? For now, keep studying for improvement," The teacher smiles seems to care about Vernon. Vernon knows that the teacher has always give the best support for him so it was not the teacher's fault.

 

Vernon could only stare at his result. He failed. AGAIN. He is thinking about getting the private tutor with his teacher but he know that S.coupe would not let that happens. Eventhough S.coupe will not making it obvious, but enough with his action like glaring at Vernon everytime his teacher talks to him, telling Vernon that he is giving him a warning. He need to alert with that. He is sighing again. He don't want to hear his mom nagging to him again.

 

*

 

"Hey, what's with the face?" S.coupe feels concern after looking at Vernon frowning since they ended their class until half of their jouney to home.

 

"Dont pretend like you didnt know anything, jerk. I failed. Again. Now what am i suppose to tells my mom, she will probably not letting me go out again. *sigh."

 

"Maybe you should study hard starting now....?"

 

"Easy for you to say! If only i got a brain like yours which is genius enough to going out every night but still got a nice grade!" Vernon is facing S.coupe now. " .....Or maybeeeee i should have a private tutor with our teacher, the one that you have secretly crush on! Ha! I knew that i am also genius!". S.coupe is glaring at him with unhappy expression.

 

"YEAH.MAYBE.THAT.IS.A.GOOD.IDEA.VERNON.AS.YOUR.BEST.FRIEND.LIKE.BEST.FRIEND.FOREVER..FRIEND.IAM.100%.AGREE.WITH.YOU.AND.WILL.ALWAYS.SUPPORT.YOUR.DECISSIONS" Vernon is gulping . S.coupe is smiling like a cool guy he is and currently making a fake expression toward Vernon.

 

"Don't worry, i will not. I dont feel like having a private tutor anyway," Vernon face infront, not wanting to has a glare competition with his bestfriend. S.coupe's smile become more honest. A sight of relieve can be seen through his face.

 

" Now, have any idea of what should i tell my mom about my result?"

 

"Nah. Nothing. Afterall, do you think that she will coop with us anymore after all of the excuses that we giving her before this?"

 

"You know what? You are not helping me at all and i hate you."

 

"Oh, come on! I am seriously out of excuses now, beside, we have giving your mom lots of excuses. Dont you think she will no longer has her trust on you?"

 

"I dont know,.......*sigh"

 

"Come, lets go and grab an ice-cream. My treat!". S.coupe put his arm around Vernon shoulder and realise the sudden expression change on him. Being a bestfriend since childhood is enough for them to know more on each other. For S.coupe, treating sweets for Vernon could simply sent him into a cloud nine state.

 

*

 

Vernon reach his home. Still thinking of any possiblity that may occur regarding his result. Maybe what his friend said is true. Maybe his mom will no longer accept any more excuses. He then sigh again and brave himself to face any possibilities. When he close the gate, his eyes focus at the door, but what make him more confuse is that there is a pair of shoes that he believes not belong to any of the household is at the front door. He tought to himself that probably the shoes belong to a guest. Maybe his mom's friend or his dad's friend? He went inside.

 

"Mom, i am home!" Vernon look around the house to find his mother and he saw her sitting at the living room facing an unfamiliar person. His mother then smiles when she saw Vernon.

 

"Welcome home Vernon. Come. I want you to meet someone." She look at Vernon and then she look at the person sitting infront of her. That person is facing his back toward Vernon so he could not see the face of that person.

 

Vernon confuse, who is the person that his mom want him to meet with? The person stand up and facing his face toward Vernon and raised his palm to greet Vernon. Vernon who is still confuse grasp the person's hand and gave him handshake and then his eyes locked at the face infront of him. The person is showing him his gummy smile.

 

"Hello, nice to meet you, Chwe Vernon Hansol. From now on, i am going to be your private tutor. My name is Wu Yifan."