❛ TEASER 002 // INTRO。

❛ SUBZER0 ⋮ NEW SMENT GIRL GROUP // APPLY CLOSED。
towards subzerO.
NOvember 14 , 2015

A domineering figure strode through the hall, a figure also known as Lee Sooman. It had been months since his last appearance at the building, at least in such a professional suit and with a seeming solid goal that was not to just "check up" on everyone. Whispers loudly filled the building as Lee Sooman strode through the halls, any crowds in the pathway clearing for him as he walked by. 

Despite his long absence and despite the fact he had long since stepped down, the staff and trainees still bowed at him with the highest of respect, sparing a timid "Good day, seonsaeng-nim." In an eternal rush, he could only nod his head in acknowledgment, an occasional, "Thank you, how are you doing?" hurriedly slipping past his lips as he hastily walked through the hallways.

It wasn't until he reached a certain room that he stopped, straightened his already-crisp suit, and knocked firmly on the door. 

The door flew open, revealing a woman in a black pencil skirt and a white blouse. Upon seeing the former CEO, the woman immediately bowed, excusing herself without being told to. Taking that as a cue to enter, Lee Sooman plainly walked into the office of none other than Kim Youngmin. The younger spun around in his chair to face Sooman.

"A new group, you said over the phone?" the successor spoke, hands clasped and on his desk, sturdily staring at Sooman as if expecting the elder to cower and shake his head. 

"A dance-heavy girl group, yes, under me," Sooman started, before adding, "So rest assured that you will not be taking any responsibility for my own group." The statement hid many of Sooman's intentions; the last thing he wanted for his first group in nearly six years was the chaos that Youngmin had brought to SM when he stepped up. Of course, that was the last thing he wanted for any of SM's groups as well, but unfortunately, it was either too late (EXO, SNSD, f(x)) or out of his hands (Red Velvet).

There was silence, before Kim Youngmin spoke. "It's been nearly six years, if I am correct."

"It has indeed," Sooman nodded. With his wife in peace above, Sooman had decided that it was time to get back on track in life, even if he was far older than his other two competitors. That only meant more experience, of course.

"Do you know what you're doing?" Youngmin asked, nearly through gritted teeth had he not bothered to conceal his disdain at the old man's return.

Youngmin-ah, you're talking to your predecessor and the founder of this company. I think you're asking the wrong person– as well as out of line. I have long since retired from as CEO and from the board, but I have not neglected my trainees, nor lost contact with my idols. Nor have I lost my touch." 

Youngmin smiled rather forcefully. "I assume you've got everything under control then? I'll leave your own group to you." 

"From the girls and positions to the concept and the name." Lee Sooman nodded satisfactorily, nodding his head and proceeding to exit the room. "Name, SUBZER0. Concept, dance. Leader, Kang Seoyul. Members. . ."

 
author note

I don't really have much to say for this note, but I do have two questions.
For the next teaser (released at the 11th-12th applicant), would you all prefer an ALLKPOP article or some sort of intro to my character? (This would come in the form of her being told of her upcoming debut). I swear I'm not trying to be biased towards my character– that teaser's sole purpose would be for your references should you seek to compliment your character's peronality with hers or should you want to add her into your application. All members will be intro-ed in this way anyway tbh, possibly along with an ALLKPOP article? I may or may not go with the majority vote, but I will definitely take it into account.
And secondly, if those who are planning to apply / working on an application would notify me via comment, wall post, or pm, that would be appreciated : ) I just want to know how many apps I'm expecting at the moment (so that I can advertise if necessary). No rush though! Take your time as there will be no deadline; I will be closing the applications when I feel I have enough, and those that are still working on their apps will be given an extenstion.
I said I don't have much to say but. . . I have more. . . lol. . . all of the applicants as it stands are 1995-ers, with three 1994-ers (including my character), one 1996-er, and one 1993-er. I just wanted to say that it'd be appreciated if you made your character 1997-1996 or 1993-1992 at this point. Thank you!