Soju

Love You Crazy

LOVE YOU CRAZY ; SOJU 

                   Lu Han grunts, teeth clenched. "So we're just going to lay him off? Just like that?"

Kyungsoo pressed his lips together, not wanting to get too involved in the raging argument that his boss and partner would soon be in. "You won't need to worry. That's all I'm saying." Kwangsoo answered calmly, which was unlikely of him.

"If I start something, I finish it. I risked my life for that guy. I'm not just going to let him go like that!" Lu Han tenses up, finally a chance at something that can show off his true skill as an agent, he could own up to his father and succeed. Though of course, this was bound to tear him down.

"Lu." Lu Han's face softens, he looks up slowly at his boss. "Do you happen to.." Lu Han raises his brows, eyes blinking quick, ready to interupt. "Happen to.. like Kim Minseok?" 

"What?" His voice hitting a squeak, "What do you mean?" 

Kwangsoo crosses his arm over the other, leaning back against his chair. "You've been talking about him often." 

Lu Han scoffs, his eyes averting towards the other side of the room, his hand reaching towards the back of his neck. "It's been like what? A day? Why wouldn't I talk about him? I'm an agent, it's unlikely for an agent to not discuss their missions and duties. I was just doing my job." He takes a look at Kyungsoo, "Kyungsoo discussed the situations occuring as much as I did!" 

"Nevermind then." Kwangsoo commented, smacking his lips together. "But you both don't need to concentrate on him any longer." 

Lu Han's ears chirped, "Does that mean that Jung Woo is taken care of?" Kwangsoo shook his head.

"Not yet, but it nearly inflicted death towards you both, this was too much of a assignment to you both. I personally don't think you both can handle it." 

Kyungsoo focused on Kwangsoo, steam nearly blowing out of his nose by the way his head lowered and bold eyes peered. "What does that mean?" he says a bit harshly. 

"It means that my father, 'personally' thinks I'm too much of a child to do this sort of crap." Lu Han grunts, nose flaring and hands grasped to the side of his dress pants. "What did he tell you?" Kwangsoo didn't face him, but made an obvious reaction towards his question. "What did he say about me? Was it bad?" Before Kwangsoo could answer, Lu Han interupted, "It's bad." he sighed, "It's not like he would ever say anything good anyways. Tell me, what'd he say?" 

Kwangsoo faced Lu Han, filled with pity for the younger. "He said you were only able to escape the bomb because your natural instinct is running away from your problems."

"Damn, he sure got me! Acting as if I was the shameful one and ran away from problems. I saved Minseok, I freakin' saved him! What more does that person I supposedly call my father want from me? I came here to Korea and adapted to a whole new language and area, all on my own. He only decided to back me up and give me this effing job after I finished college because it gives him a good laugh." Pathetic, Lu Han thought. 

"Lu Han, you know that's not true." Kwangsoo said softly, looking for Kyungsoo to back him up, in which Kyungsoo never then did. 

He swayed his hand, acting like it was nothing, "Oh I know, I know. What I meant to say was that he didn't only do it for a laugh, but also to not let his name die down and make it seem like his only son wasn't actually a coward." he snorted, "Which is something I really don't recall ever being in my entire life." he clenched his teeth, "He needs to stop refering to me when he's talking about himself." 

"Lu Han, calm down." Kyungsoo whispered, Lu Han only had to take one look at his younger for his face to soften. He only nodded, about to leave the office. 

Kwangsoo grabbed Lu Han's wrist, stopping him from leaving. He let go and continued, "Both of you wiill get the weekend off, don't deny it." Kyungsoo and Lu Han both had wide eyes, surprised by the sudden two days off. "You may go home." 

He takes gentle steps into the street restuarant, wondering on why he was there in the first place. He then sat down and asked for a cup of soju, he only wanted one. "Thank you." Lu Han says in reply. He sits there and drinks, slowly of course, being smart. This goes on for a while, he only wanted one bottle of soju, but instead asks for more as time progresses. 

A shout is heard from the other side of the tent, the table filled with alcoholic beverages, he gulps and looks around to see who else heard the shout. Everyone's staring at the poor man, but his head is placed in his hands and his sighs are loud. The man looks up, his face red, "Sorry," he says in a faint tone, pressing his lips together shortly afterwards. 

Lu Han notices, he leans in closer and squints his eyes to get a better view of the man's face. "Can't be," he hesitates, "Perhaps?" He stands up from his seat and to the seat across the man. "Kim Minseok." 

Minseok's slowly open up and he raises his head, his head feeling dizzy. He then notices Lu Han sitting before him, hair a little screwed up and messy, normal attire, a black tshirt and khaki shorts, looks like a school student, Minseok thought to himself. He couldn't be one to judge, he looked younger than his actual age as well. "Lu Han?" He questions, taking in his view.  

"Yeah, it's me, Lu Han." Lu Han says, he takes in how Minseok looks, his attire, his face, his hair, and his breath. A red flannel and black pants on, his hair perfectly combed and a dark brown. His eyes are slightly red, his face looked soft, his nose was pink. Minseok's breath reeked of alcohol. I guess we're both here for the same reason, Lu Han thought to himself, a tiny chuckle escaping his lips. 

"Hmm?" Minseok wonders, what's so funny? His eyebrows raise up but the same dazed expression remain on his face.

Lu Han smiles at the sight. Cute

Minseok tilts his head to the right, "I don't get why you're smiling, what's so funny?" He leans his body onto the table, his head still tilted, his lips curled to a pout. "Did I do something?" His head tilts to the left.

Lu Han chuckles and smiles, he nods his head, "Yeah, you're acting cute." Minseok's eyes widen and his lips close together after hearing this, Lu Han's mouth widens, he didn't mean to say that. "I mean, why are you drinking so much?" Trying his best to change the subject. 

"Oh, me?" Minseok points at himself, and then stares at the soju in his hand. "I-I wanted to drink because, because..." His voice trails off, "...because I don't know when I'll die, so before I do, I'm going to get really, really, really! drunk." He answers, pouring some more soju into a bowl and gulps it all down. 

Lu Han doesn't tell him to stop. He joins him instead and does the same. "I see," he watches as Minseok fans himself with his hand, and takes another sip. But his motherly senses come and attack him as he sees Minseok get ready to order another bottle of Soju. "Stop." he says and grips at Minseok's wrist, Minseok stares wide eyed and looks at Lu Han's arm and glances from there to his eyes.

He blinks a few times before standing up and grabbing his coat, "I-I h-have to go. Sorry." He exits without paying, completely dumbfounded. Lu Han stands up and follows, quickly paying for them both. 

Minseok stumbles out of the tent and fumbles with his jacket, trying to put it on, but he's tipsy. He manages to put his jacket on and doesn't bother to zip it up even if it was a bit chilly. His mind couldn't process anything at the moment. "Aish," he mutters, growling at himself, "Stupid, stupid, stupid." He hits himself in the head a few times repeatedly, but ends up getting even more lightheaded. 

He walks down to the park and stumbles as he walks, not being able to control where his body is going. He urges to walk faster, "Cop, Lu Han is cop, I don't want to be stuck with cop." Minseok sighs, jogging around the walkways in the park, but his mind's a blur and he only runs around the park in circles. Lu Han watches from the bench nearby, wanting for Minseok to be able to calm down his nerves. 

Minseok can't help but stop in his place and shouts loudly, causing pigeons to fly past him. Clearly afraid of pigeons, he yelps like a little girl and holds himself in his arms while running away. Lu Han smiles at the sight, hands in his pockets. Minseok walks closer towards where Lu Han is, but still can't identify that Lu Han is sitting at the bench just a few feet away. "Go away!" He screams out of fear, cowering his head down to avoid the pigeons. 

Lu Han gets up from his position, hands still placed in his jacket pockets. His head tilted to the left, his eyes sparkling. "Hey," he nudges Minseok, causing him to flinch in fear. "Drunk?" He questions, one eyebrow lifted up, Minseok nose flares as he shakes his head. "Really? Doesn't seem like you're sober either." 

"What's it to you?" Minseok pursed his lips.

Lu Han can't help but stare. 

"I'm your bodyguard. I have to care." Lu Han replies, still staring intensely at Minseok's pink lips. 

Minseok's face falls, now avoiding contact with Lu Han. "Are you being forced?" 

"Forced to do what?" 

"To care," Minseok his lips, a frown on his face, "Do you actually care? Or are you just amused that I'm in this state right now?" 

Lu Han's eyes clouded over, "Huh?" he furrowed his brow, "Of course I care! I saved your life!" 

"Isn't that just your job?" Minseok kicks a pebble and Lu Han watches, panicked by the situation. 

"What are you trying to say?" Lu Han takes a step closer to Minseok, "You-u, you aren't thinking straight right now. Let's take you home." He places a hand on Minseok's shoulder. 

Minseok pouts his lips, "No!" He stomps his feet like a child, "Not with you." He removes Lu Han's arm.

"Then where would you go if I don't you home?" Lu Han asks, placing his arm over the other. 

Minseok doesn't answer, his face frozen in a glitched frame. Lu Han sighs and grabs his arm to drag him into a taxi. They both enter and Lu Han decides to bring him to his house, Minseok is still quiet. He doesn't speak for the rest of the ride. What have I done? Am I at fault? Lu Han thought to himself. His eyes lay on Minseok's left hand, that doesn't stop twitching. The other hand can't be seen from his angle. 

The taxi stops and Lu Han pays for the ride, exiting the car and opening the car for Minseok to exit. Minseok stands up and closes the door behind him, he slowly looks up to face Lu Han, "I'm bored." he says. 

Lu Han scoffs and shakes his head, "Come on," he gestures for Minseok to follow, in which he does. They enter the building and the elevator ride up is awkward. Lu Han tries to make conversation, "Feeling any better?" Minseok doesn't answer and stares solemly at the floor. 

The both of them exit the elevator at the same time, crashing into one another's shoulders in the process. Minseok silently follows Lu Han into the apartment, his head high and innocently scans the place. "What's the problem?" Lu Han peers his head out from behind, wondering why the cautious look. 

"Messy." Minseok spits out. 

"Is it too much?" Lu Han scratches the back of head, eyeing the apartment and the plates in the sink that are left unwashed, the clothes missed by a mile from the clothing basket, the messy coffee table plastered with papers and empty beer and water bottles. Minseok tries his best to ignore the mess and shakes his head kindly, "I'll clean it up quick, but in the meantime you can go in the guest room with the bathroom and wash up, second to last door on the left." Lu Han gestured towards the hallway and Minseok nods, walking to the hallway and to the room just as Lu Han had said. 

He comes across the bathroom and steps inside, he faces the mirror and sighs. His eyes are bloodshot and his ears are a bright pink. "So stupid." He called himself, his eyes getting watery. Minseok splashes water onto his face, trying to wake himself up from the drowsyness. "I've been living a lie for three months already, is there going to be another month?" He says to himself, his frown still remains on his face. 

"Minseok!" Lu Han calls from the other room, Minseok exits out of the guest room and to the living room where Lu Han is sitting down on the couch. "Come on, sit down." 

Minseok obeys and sits down next to Lu Han on the couch, his eyes feeling a bit droopy. "Why don't you use honorifics with me?" He questions, a bit confused. 

"Oh, I figured that since you're only a month older than me, we didn't need to talk to one another that way." Lu Han says shyly, his head lowered, hoping for no negative reply. 

Minseok ears ring, "I t-thought you were much m-more younger than me." 

Lu Han shakes his head, "Nope, we're both 90 liners. You were born in March, and I was born in April." Minseok nods his head in reply, taking in the information. 

"I have a question." 

"What is it?' Lu Han says, "Is there a problem?" 

"I don't know. B-but, you're my fourth bodyguard. How does it feel?" Minseok wonders, hands folded in his lap. 

Lu Han opens a bit, surprised that he wasn't the first bodyguard that Minseok has had for this case. "It feels comforting," he replies truthfully, "It feels comforting to be protecting you. But I get worried about you, it makes me anxious." 

"I'm fully capable of taking care of things myself, I'm strong, probably stronger than you, just because I'm tiny doesn't mean I'm unproductive. I keep getting assigned bodyguards." Minseok frowns, pouting. Lu Han mocks him by doing the same. 

"What happened to your other bodyguards?" 

"Can we not? My head hurts." Lu Han nods in response, respecting Minseok's privacy even if Minseok brought the situation up himself.  

Lu Han decides to play music, soft music, lullaby music."Go to the guest room and sleep." Minseok denies, and sits there, his eyes drooping. 

"I don't want too." 

Lu Han chuckles, it was funny to watch Minseok struggle to stay awake when his head keeps drooping down. "Fine by me." Lu Han sits there, he takes the book he's been reading off the coffee table and continues reading it from the chapter he left off from. The music playing made his eyes feel heavy, last time he remembered he was reading and then woke up with Minseok's head on his shoulder, fast asleep. He didn't move from the position, he didn't want too. 

"Goodnight." He whispered softly before tossing his book aside and gently grabbing the blanket aside and layed it on top of the both of them before doozing to sleep.