Mission

Love You Crazy

LOVE YOU CRAZY ; MISSION 

 

              A smirk plastered on his face as he entered the building, freshly fit in a suit and his hair smoothly combed back. He wasn't the type to deny his looks, he sure well knows he's good-looking. Confident as always, he swooshes towards the elevator and to the 10th floor, drinking his coffee that he managed to get on his way to work.

He held his wrist up to look at his watch, quarter past 7am. "Where do you think you're going Lu Han?" A hand grabs at his arm and pulls him into an office, his coffee nearly spilling onto his suit, one that he wouldn't want to get stained, just like the many before that were. "My damn coffee." Lu Han mutters before placing it on the table, clenching his teeth a bit. 

"Find him, find Park Jung Woo." Lu Han grimaced at his elder, wondering as to why, again, he wasn't speaking clearly.

"I'll find him, but what did he do?" Lu Han questioned, he always does before every mission.

Lee Kwang Soo, his boss, stood broad and tall and straightened his dress coat, "He's a in' idiot I'll tell you that." He sighed, "Park Jung Woo, 27 years old, grew up in Changwon, dropped out of high school due to his academic performance."

Lu Han raised an eyebrow, "How is that stupid?"

Kwang Soo sighed, "It isn't, not yet anyway, he's always wanted to become a pianist. His one dream that followed out from grade school to high school." Kwang Soo picked up a paper from his desk, leaning on it with his right hand, paper in the left. "Right here, three attempts to kill one pianist. Only one, failed all three times." Lu Han snickered before he took a look at the paper, grasping it into his hands.

"His first attempt was nearly three months ago, ready to kill Kim Minseok during 12am on a Thursday on the streets. Didn't get to because he had forgotten his own knife." Kwang Soo shrugged, "That ain't all of it." Lu Han read through some more, "Second attempt was a month ago. Prepared this time and ready with a pocket knife, Kim Minseok isn't aware at all and greets fans outside of the concert on his way into the venue. Jung Woo swoops in, knocks him onto the floor by 'accidentally' knocking into him. He aimed to stab right at that moment, but chickened out during the process."

Lu Han had thought to himself, this man wasn't a joke right? "Third attempt, ready to shoot Minseok with a gun bullet during a show, knowing he would be arrested, he shot a bullet. But completely missed by a mile and only did poke a hole through the stage curtain."

Lu Han placed the paper down back on the desk, hands on his hips. "How come the police never found him?"

Kwang Soo clenched his teeth, hands crossed over the other, "That's the thing. Only thing he's smart at is escaping. Its like he only plans out his escapes, no one even catches sight of him. Our cameras caught him and we asked around."

Lu Han rolled his eyes, "Shouldn't the cops find this dude? Not us." 

Kwang Soo placed his hands on his hips, spitting out as he spoke, "Just because you're big money and get to have a fancy office and fancy suits it does not mean you get all the death inflicting missions! You aren't capable of it yet, be appreciative that I'm even giving you anything."

Lu Han held his hands up, "Alright, alright. Lay it on me, what do I do?"

Kwang Soo walked behind his desk and dialed a number, "Come into my office," he says rather harshly into the phone, making full on eye contact with Lu Han.

"Who was that…?" Lu Han said quietly, but loud enough of Kwang Soo to hear. 

The door opened shortly after, welcoming in a short fellow with broad shoulders, "You needed me?" Lu Han turned to face the man, meeting his eyes towards Do Kyungsoo, someone who only joined the agency earlier that year, a field lower than Lu Han was.

"You and Lu Han got a case." Kwang Soo clasped his hands together, smiling weirdly at them.

"Really?" Kyungsoo's eyes widened, eyebrows raised slightly. "And, it's about?" 

", I should have called you in earlier. I don't want to explain it all over again." Kwang Soo mumbled, taking out the papers and throughly showing the both of them the details to the case.

After explaining, Kwang Soo told them where Kim Minseok will be.  "Lu Han hyung," Kyungsoo called, walking side by side together, "Hyung," he repeated once again.

Lu Han stopped in his steps and his pointer finger and held it up in the air, "He's going east," Lu Han says, sliding his sunglasses down slightly to reveal his stare at Kyungsoo, "Let's go." 

Kyungsoo sneered at his older, taking quick footsteps to catch up to the eager man. They entered the sleek black car, Lu Han on the wheels whilst Kyungsoo slides into the passenger seat. They blast out of the parking lot, Kyungsoo types the address into the GPS, and they drive their way towards Kim Minseok's destination.

"His first attempt to assassinate Kim Minseok was on August 6, second attempt, September 6, most recent attempt, October 6." Kyungsoo reads off the collected papers in the files in his hand, "And today's November 6." He gave a stare towards Lu Han, voice soft but dramatic. 

"Geez, are we in a movie?" Lu Han smirks, taking a left turn like the GPS had addressed him too.

Kyungsoo grinned as he looked down at the papers in his hand, "Seems cool enough to be a movie," he answered back jokily. Lu Han shook his head and drove faster, making it to the destination earlier than expected. 

Bodyguards stood in the front entrance, eyeing as the both of them walked closer. Swiping out their ID cards and plastering an amused look their faces. They walked in confidently, entering the house and standing watch. Lu Han walked towards one of the rooms, he took off his sunglasses and sat down comfortably.

He could see a small man playing the piano, the man in front of him turned back, sneaking a glance at Lu Han, but ends up turning back around and playing again. Lu Han grimaced, was it Minseok? He opened up his messages in his phone, opening the photo Kwang Soo had sent him. Seems like it's Minseok. He watched from behind the window, making sure of his surroundings. 

"If this goes suitably to plan, then it'll be the first time he'll try to catch him without being in public." Kyungsoo says into their earpiece, Lu Han nods even though Kyungsoo can't see him.

"I got Minseok on watch." Kyungsoo replies with a roger that, making Lu Han cringe. This isn't a movie Soo. All Minseok is doing is playing piano, concentrating hard. Seems like a pretty boring guy. 

Fifteen minutes pass, Lu Han observes the photo of Minseok on his phone. "He looks like a baozi." He murmured to himself, tilting his head and tapping his phone with his finger. He sighs, he looks up to find Minseok's standing up, fixing his backpack on his back.

Lu Han stays in his seat, watching as Minseok exits the room and doesn't even glimpse at him for a millisecond. Theres a crash, a cuss, the window breaks, and shreds of glass collapse onto the floor.

"IN' HELL!" Kyungsoo shouts, loud enough for Lu Han to hear from the opposite side of the house. Lu Han runs towards Minseok, covering Minseok's body with his own while they both run out of the room together, followed by a large thump, indicating something fell on the floor and rolled across the polished oak wood floors. 

Kyungsoo is waiting far outside, clenching his teeth tightly as he can, and he leaps at the sound of a bomb going off. "Lu Han!" He shrieks, "Kim Minseok!" The bomb goes off, the right side of the house broken apart, leaving a huge gap, scattered with scrub from the house. Lu Han and Minseok walk out together, their arm wrapped around one another, panting as they exit. Kyungsoo rushes to the both of them wrapping Minseok's arm over his neck for support, "Are you guys hurt?" he asked, worry strained in his voice. 

Minseok peered over back to the house, his eyes wide and his voice silent. "Minseok?" Lu Han says, concerned. Minseok turns his head back around to look at Lu Han, Lu Han and him meet eyes. Lu Han gulps, he identifies every feature on Minseok's face, scans his body with his eyes, uneasiness struck upon him, silently hoping Minseok wasn't hurt.

"U-Uhh," Minseok shakes his body, gulps, trying to take in what just happened. "I'm fine." He loosens his body, which make Kyungsoo and Lu Han let go of their grasp on him.

"You sure?" Kyungsoo says, "Police are on the way, the ambulance is coming too, I-I could check to see if you have injuries, I-I mean I'm n-no expert bu-"

Minseok interrupts him, a thankful smile on his face, "I'm fine. I'm not hurt. No need to worry." Lu Han gives him a bizarre look, but doesn't question him.

"Kyungsoo, did you see Park Jung Woo?" Kyungsoo shook his head, "He must be faster than light." 

Minseok was shaking his body in fear. He doesn't stop staring at the house that was once perfect in its shape and size, the place he would practice and play music, his music. He wonders why this is happening, especially to him. What has he ever done so wrong? He blinks several times in a row, his teeth chattering against each other rabidly, even if it wasn't as cold outside. Lu Han goes up to him, police were already there and inspecting the area, already have checked to see if they had any injuries and whether it was necessary for them to report to a hospital.

"Don't let it get to you. You're not getting hurt. Especially not on Kyungsoo and I's watch." Lu Han chuckles, trying his best to reassure Minseok. Minseok gives him a fake smile, then automatically goes back to leaving his mouth wide open and him spacing out to the ground. Lu Han found it cute. "Come on, you'll catch flies." Lu Han used his hand to close Minseok's mouth, pushing his jaw back toits original position. Minseok keeps his mouth shut but his eyes stay the same, bold and confused. "I'm Lu Han, we've never formally met." He pokes his hand out, ready for Minseok to take it and greet him back. 

"H-hi, I'm Kim Minseok, but you probably already established that," He implied, adding a little 'hah' at the end, then takes Lu Han's hand to shake. Minseok's hands are ice cold and small, Lu Han's is warm and smooth, Minseok easily notices and lets go. Lu Han didn't care for the fact that his hands were cold, that they were small, he found it cute, something cute about Minseok, who knew.

"You may call me Lu Han," Lu Han tells him as he shares a gentle smile.

Minseok nods, pressing his lips together, "I'm going to go, sorry." He says, getting up from his curled up position on the ground and approaches his car.

Kyungsoo walks up from behind and places a hand on Lu Han's shoulder, "Should we follow him?"

Lu Han flicks Kyungsoo's hand away, " I don't want him to think we're stalkers."

Kyungsoo scoffs, his hands now in his pants pockets. "Our job is being stalkers." 

"We don't need to tell him that." Lu Han chuckles, and watches Minseok drive out of the driveway to leave.