That Annoying Guy

THE LOST TIME: KEY TO HAPPINESS
Dearest Jongin,
 
You're so annoying yet so charming.
I love you. 
I'm sorry if I can't express it well, but I really do. 
I'm so thankful that you're there for me.
 
I hope you won't get tired of me, even though I'm always cold to you.
They said we will get back here after ten years, do you think we're still together that time?
I'm scared to come back here not with you. I hope it won't happen
 
And to our friends, let's come back here all happy okay?
 
Forever with you,
Goddess
 
 

 
March 2023
 
Naeun started to clean her table and pack her things. It was time for her to go home after a long and tiring day. Being an elementary teacher was not easy.
 
"Teacher Son, where going out to eat tonight, wanna come?" one co-teacher asked her.
 
"You should come with us. It'll be fun" another one added
 
"I'm sorry, but I'll be busy."
 
"Teacher Son, this is good night to release our stress the whole week. And, I heard that Mr. Cho invites the teachers from Seoul Boys'. Maybe you could meet someone there" another teacher nudged her, they were close and knows that Naeun has been single for five years and that she's been trying to avoid guys and going out with them.
 
"I don't need, and I have no plans to meet guys"
 
"Naeun you're not getting any younger and yet you're still single. Most girls wants to marry before they turn 30"
 
"It's okay, I'm not rushing"
 
"Okay, tell me honestly, is being an old maiden in your to-do-list?"
 
Naeun just rolled her eye at the remark. "I need to prepare my lesson plan for next week" She rejected the offer once again and other made sad faces. She was always invited by them but never once she come with them, well except if she's really required to come, but usual night outs on fridays are not her style. 
 
But actually, going out wasn't really her style.
 
She would rather stay at home, read books , draw or just watch dramas. Her room can offer her enough entertainment. 
 
"Come on,  Naeun, you know you already submitted your lesson plans for next week and next next week. You have lots of time, just go with them" the vice principal walked in suddenly
 
"I mean, my lesson plans for next next...next week" she still pushed her lame excuse 
 
"You can do that tomorrow?" 
 
"I'm really sorry. It's just that my creativity visits me once in a while. And tonight is the right time for me to work on lesson plans. I don't know when will my creativity visits me again, it maybe next week or next month. If it don't come next week then I'll be doomed with no lesson plans for the next next next week. So yeah, I'll go ahead. Goodbye" She politely bowed to them and went out of the faculty office.
 
 
 
Naeun finally step out of the school and started walking to  the bus stop when her phone buzzed. She took it from her pocket and was surprised to read a message from one of her first grader child. It was a habbit, she liked calling her student her children.
 
From: Jung Yein 
[Teacher, I'm alone in our house. I'm scared. My uncle is not here too]
 
Naeun instantly felt worried for her student. She knew that this student as a quiet one but is really participating well in class. Naeun also knew that both the child's parents don't come home every night. She's lucky if her uncle will be with him but according to her, her uncle is also busy working and is living at the other side of the city.
 
It was the first time this kid have message her since she told her to ring her up if she ever needed help. 
 
Good thing that she have details of her students in her phone, in case of emergencies, and found Yein's address. She ran to the bus stop and waited for the bus that will take her to the place.
 
But Naeun didn't know that helping her student will take her on a trip down memory lane.
 
She hop on the bus number 8 and notice that it's almost full except for one seat at the end beside the window. She made her way to that seat and said excuse to the lady she'll be sitting with.
 
Bus number 8
 
Of all the bus that could take her there she happened to be riding on this bus. Looking around, she noticed that she was sitting on the same seat where she always used to seat, years ago. 
 
Naeun look out the bus and just watch the building fly by. The glowing city lights make the view prettier. It was a faint memory, but as she stayed longer on the bus everything suddenly became familiar.
 
 
 
"Naeun-ah" Kai said and leaned his head on her shoulder. She was busy watching the buildings outside.
 
"Hmm?"
 
"Do you know why we always ride bus number 8?" he asked
 
"Because it's the bus to your place? Duh"
 
"Aish, not that. It's number 8, Naeun... number 8"
 
Naeun raised her eyebrow at him "and so what?" she asked to which Kai pouted
 
"Don't you remember anything about number 8?"
 
"I don't know" she said and Kai instantly became sad. "Why?"
 
"You don't love me."
 
"Yah what are you talking about"
 
"Number 8 is our anniversary date"
 
"Oh"
 
"I'm so hurt. You know it became my fave number and I just began to love riding this bus because it's number 8. And number 8 looks like the infinity sign, you know because our love is beyond infinity. It's forever"
 
"Hey don't be sad. Of course I know that it's our anniversary date. That date is important to me. I just didn't know that you associated it with such... things" she explained "I'm sorry, you know we differ in our ways of thinking. I am still new with you having those sweet thoughts"
 
"Pfff, be thankful I love you" Jongin said and lean in to kiss her
 
 
 
Naeun shook her head, brushing the memory away from her thoughts. It was then when she noticed an infinity sign tattooed on the wrist of the lady she was sitting with. She sighed loudly and went down the bus when it's finally the stop.
 
"Why does it have to be the same freaking stop" She sighed more and just continued walking.
 
 
It was night and she thought that Yein still haven't had her dinner yet and so she entered the nearest pastry store to buy her student some food.
 
"Good evening ma'am" the girl at the counter greeted before asking for her order. She ordered some sweet bread and a chocolate drink. After saying her order she waited at the side for it t be served.
 
She looked around the shop and saw a couple at the corner table. The shop had change and got much bigger since the last time she went there but that corner was still there as well as her memories 
 
 
"Kim Jongin, stop playing with the food" she scolded her boyfriend after putting the cupcake's icing on her nose.
 
"You're so cute"
 
"Yah stop" she warned as she put icing on her finger and aimed it at Kai
 
"Catch me if you can, babe" Kai stood up from his seat, taking his bag, their drinks and their cupcakes swiftly before running outside the small pastry shop.
 
Naeun quickly followed, grabbing her bag and running outside. 
 
 
"Excuse me ma'am. Here's you order" the girl said
 
"Oh, I'm sorry" Naeun took it and bowed. She step outside and started to walk.
 
She glanced at her phone to see if the little girl had sent her another message but there was none. She also check the address to where she was going.
 
'Why it has to be in the same neighborhood?' she thought
 
She walked down the familiar road. She wanted to hurry up for Yein but it feels like her step is getting heavier as she walked further. She remembered how they she would walked this road with Kai. How they would run while putting icing on each other's face. How they would stop by when they noticed a  stray cat at the road and then feeding it. How they would laugh while sharing different stories. How they would just be quiet, holding each other's hand. How she would end up being carried by Jongin, when she gets tired or it was late.
 
She remembered all things she have done with him.
 
She remembered being with him.
 
"Yah! You're not here to think of him" She knocked on her head "Get your together Naeun. It's all over. You're story ended years ago" she told herself.
 
There was no use thinking about him again.
 
 It won't bring him back. It will just bring the pain back.
 
The pain the she had suffered from a long time.
 
She didn't want them anymore. She didn't want to feel it again.
 
"Yah! yah! Get out the way!!!" Naeun was shocked by the sudden voice and turn around only to be hit, almost, by a bike. The bike however swayed and crashed down hard. 
 
Naeun was frozen in her place, from the looks of it, she's sure that the biker is hurt.
 
"Yah, miss. I told you to get out of the way, now ugh...it ing ---hurts" The man grumbled and looked at her, only to be equally frozen.
 
What a trip to memory lane, eh?
 
There he was, sitting on the ground with his bike -- Naeun thinks it's broken--, the guy that Naeun was just thinking of
 
Kim Jongin. Her first boyfriend. Her first love and first heart break. The guy she loved so much. The guy who wasted four happy years of their relationship and gave her five years of hell after. The guy who cheated on her. The guy who can't control his hormones and slept with girls because Naeun, his so called Goddess, his promised love forever, just can't give him what he wants. Because apparently, he got bored of Naeun after four. ing four years.
 
Naeun thought that she should help him up, but after knowing that it was her absolute jerk of a ex-boyfriend, she continued walking away from him.
 
"Y-yah! Won't you even help me?" He shouted but Naeun pretended that she couldn't hear him. Kai had no choice but stand alone. His knees hurt and can't bike anymore. He just started walking.
 
"Hey" He pushed the bike harder as he walked faster to catch up on Naeun "What are you doing here?" he asked
 
"None of your business" She answered coldly, but heaven knows how she's trying so hard to not collapse any moment and be a crying mess all over again
 
Kai noticed the bag of treats she's holding and smirked "Let me guess what's inside. Cupcakes and chocolate drinks"
 
"Shut up"
 
"You missed me that much? Are you trying to visit me?"
 
"Will you keep quiet?!" Naeun snapped at him "Stop following me"
 
"Tsk tsk, you know where this road is heading, my Goddess, I'm not following you" Naeun breathed in and out. Why must he call her again by that ty nickname.
 
"Let me ask you again, what are you doing here?" Jongin stopped his bike in front of Naeun, his smirk was way too big that Naeun wants to rip his whole face off
 
"Just leave me alone. My child needs me" She answered coldly and walked past him.
 
Jongin's smirk was instantly erased hearing what Naeun said. "Y-your child?..oh I see, you're married now?" he asked as he started to walk with her again. Naeun rolled her eyes, not wanting to answer him.
 
"Who's the guy? Do I know him?" he asked again "How many children you have? How old is your child anyway?" he started to ask non stop questions 
 
"It's not your fcking business if I'm married or not, whoever that guy is, if I have 54 children and if my youngest child is seven years old! Stop asking me!" She huffed and continued walking, leaving a confused Jongin
 
"54 children? In a span of 5 years?" Jongin asked himself "And her youngest is seven years old? But we broke up 5 years ago how it did happen?" Jongin looked up and noticed that Naeun is already far ahead "Yah Naeun!" he ran after her and noticed that she's looking at the different houses, as if cheking the address
 
"Are you looking for a house? Maybe I could help you" 
 
"Just go home and stop pestering me. Ugh you're still annoying" Naeun grumbled
 
"Let me see" Jongin take her phone from her hands and look at the address flashed on the screen "tsk tsk, so you're a stalker now huh"
 
"What? Give me my phone back"
 
"You act like that but then you're looking for my address huh. How did you even get my new address huh?"
 
"I don't have time for you"
 
"Uncle Jongin! oh Teacher Son!" Both of them stopped when a child called them both but it was Jongin who moved first and ran to the little girl
 
"Yein-ie! I'm sorry uncle was late today eh?" he said and hugged the little girl. Naeun just watched the two and couldn't believe that Jongin was the 'hero uncle' Yein told her before. He's not a hero. Well, for her, he isn't , but he once was.
 
"Teacher Son, you really came here. Thank you" Yein went to her and hugged her. She crouched down and hugged to girl back 
 
"Of course, you can ask me for help" She smiled sweetly at this child
 
"Yah Jung Yein, why did you disturb your teacher? She came all the way here"
 
"Did I disturb you, teacher Son? I'm sorry"
 
"Hey, no need to say sorry. I'm glad to be with you if you need me. Here, I bought you some snack"
 
"Thank you so much!" The little girl said happily "I'm not scared anymore, because my uncle and my favorite teacher is here"
 
"Uhm, let's go inside, it's getting cold here" Jongin said
 
"Aye aye!" Yein said and run to door, waiting for the two adults
 
"Let's go" Jongin said
 
"It's okay. I'll go ahead"
 
"But, you came all the way here for her. Come inside and get something to drink first" Jongin offered again "Don't worry, I won't annoy you there"
 
"No. I'll really go now. I just came here to check if she's fine until someone's with her. But now you're here so I'll be going" Naeun said then turn to Yein "Yein-ah, Teacher needs to go now. Bye! See you in class"
 
"Oh..okay. Bye teacher Son!"
 
She smiled to the child and politely bowed to Jongin before turning her heels and started walking
 
"Wait Naeun, at least let me walk you to the stop?"
 
"Jongin" Naeun was surprised to her self saying his name again. She turned to him and shake her head "Just stay with her. I'm fine. Please" she said and saw Jongin's shoulder down
 
"Okay. Anyway, thank you for caring for Yein. I didn't tought a teacher would care this much for a student"
 
"Yein is not just a student, I already treat her as my child, all of my students. It's my duty to not only teach them math or science, but also to care for them. I'm their second mother anyway" She said and take her leave. 
 
 
 
 
 
.

 

[a/n]

And we're down to kaieun with another sad chapter

wow I actually didn't notice that I'm writing bittersweet chapters lmao what's wrong with me

Anyway, if you notice something, you'll probably know whose story will be next ahe

Thank you once again and let me hear your feedbacks

Much love