Voice

THE LOST TIME: KEY TO HAPPINESS

Mashimaro-yayaya!,

I love you! I know I'm cheesy but you know you love me ehe.
And I'll never stop being a greasy bacon just to show you I love you.

I'm so thankful that I've met you, that I love you, and you love me back.
It's the best feeling especially with all the support from our friends.

Exopink jjang!

Let's come back here after ten years with our child, ne? 
Yes, I am already sure that I'll marry you someday ♥


Forever singing with you,
Greasy Bacon

 


 

May 2022

 

Baekhyun woke up by the sunlight hitting his face. 

A new morning.

He stretched his body and move to his left side, seeing the woman beside him still sleeping peacefully, he smiled. He leaned over a bit carefully and gently kissed her cheeks while whispering a soft "Good morning" to her ears.

He stood up from the bed and went outside the room.

He was humming a song while making their breakfast and as he was making the coffee, he saw her entering the dining room. She sat on her usual chair and stares blankly at Baekhyun while he served their breakfast.

"Yeobo, let's eat" Baekhyun said enthusiastically and sat across his wife.

She reached for her chopsticks and started eating, without giving Baekhyun a single glance the whole time. Baekhyun talked a lot about his work, and the new  ice cream parlor opening three blocks away. He told different stories with much eagerness into which she returned a pure silence.

After finishing her food, she stood up and went to the sink. Baekhyun also stood, getting her medicines from the drawer and a glass of water "I'll do it. Here, drink your medicines and rest again"

With still a blank face and utter silence, she took the pill and glass. She handed Baekhyun the glass of water and walked back to their room upstairs.

Baekhyun couldn't do anything but stare at her figure. 

Another day, and yet it was still the same.

 


Baekhyun finished preparing his self for work. He put down his phone after reading a message and walked towards her. 

She was at her usual place, sitting on a chair by the window, lost in her own thoughts. Her eyes never leaving the view outside. Without saying anything. Catatonic.

Baekhyun sat at the chair in front of her, but her gaze was still outside.

"Eunji-ah" Baekhyun said her name in the way he always do, filled with love, saying each syllable like it's a song, a beautiful melody. "I miss you... so much" he said as he held her hands, even though he's not getting a response from his wife. 

He dearly miss her. She's there physically, but it seems that she's not. He's missing her smile, her loud nags in heavy Busan accent, her laugh, her voice.

The voice that made him fall deeply in love.

The voice that always sings with him, sing to him.

The voice that used to complete his day, was replaced by the cold silence. 

Baekhyun looked at the calendar by their side table and smiled bitterly. "Eunji-ah, do you remember what day is today?" he asked, knowing that he wouldn't get any answers back "It's my birthday" he held her hands tighter "I'm not wishing for anything grand, I just want you back. The old you" slowly tears fell down from his eyes, but still Eunji was in her blank state looking out the window

"I just wish to hear your voice again. Would you sing for me? Just this one time?" he cried to her but after a few moments of not getting a response, he wipe his tears away. Of course, he can't force her to do things.

"Okay" he sighed and stood up "Minji's on her way here" he went to the drawers and wear his watch before returning to Eunji's side "I'm going now, see you later" he bend down and kissed Eunji on the cheeks.

He gave one last look before heading downstairs.


"Oppa!" Minji greeted as she entered the house

"Oh good morning Minji, you had your breakfast?" he asked, wearing his shoes

"Yep" she nodded "Where's unni?" 

"She's upstairs. I'm sorry Minji, it's your vacation and you should be enjoying but you're here instead" Baekhyun said, feeling apologetic towards his cousin

"Eh, it's okay. It's hot outside anyway. And I really love Eunji unni, I'm happy taking care of her" The high school girl said

"Thank you. I'll be going now. Take care of here" he said and finally opened the door

"Ne...oh oppa!" she called. Baekhyun stopped and glance at her "Happy birthday" she smiled

"Thank you" Baekhyun returned the smile before heading out.

 


The work at his office is normal. Keeping up with their business that's now growing. It's something he excells in. Everyone was expecting him to be promoted, he's doing great, but everything falls that day. Since Eunji became like that, he couldn't focus on work, days and days of being absent, spacing out whenever in a meeting, all came crashing. It was just recently that he gets back on track working decently at least. But he was never the same as before.

The day ends at the office and his employees and colleagues were greeting him a happy birthday.

"Baekhyun, we should go out to drink and celebrate your day" One co-worker told him "Oh, did you know that new girl at Finance Department, damn man she's hot. Let's invite her over huh what you think?"

"Thanks but I need to go home early, thanks for greetings"

"Ey, have some fun. You'll just go home to mute wife, I bet she couldn't even greet you" Baekhyun felt that his blood rise to his face as his co worker insult Eunji, without thinking, he already punched the guy down 

"Don't talk about Eunji that way!" Baekhyun exclaimed in anger, other employees had start to hold him back 

"Seriously Baek, there's a lot of girls out there" The guy looked like he was not even shunned by Baekhyun's punch "You could just leave that girl"

"Well you. Say whatever you want, but I won't leave Eunji because I love her. Yes, I know how to love, something you probably don't know" Before he could punch his face again, he just decided to leave the building. 

Baekhyun had been hearing a lot similar to those. Words from those who don't really know the story. Those who have nothing to do in their live but to gossip about other people's lives. They said he was still young, handsome, has the skills; a lot of girls fall for him. At his age, he still has a lot of fangirls. They said he could just marry again, someone better, someone not Jung Eunji.

But Baekhyun said no, a countless times.

Baekhyun stands firm in his decision. 

From the day that he saw the owner of the voice he loves, to the day he asked her to be his wife and at the day of their wedding, Baekhyun was more than sure than he would spend the rest of his life with Eunji.

He vowed to be with her through thick and thin, and now that they're facing a challenge is the time where he should be by Eunji's side more. Never once he thought of leaving her. 

Baekhyun opened the door to his quiet house. He could clearly remember how his home used to be loud and full of energy, a warm place.

"Oppa!" he was welcomed by Minji, and he's confused because she looked excited "You're finally home! Come on!" 

"Hey what's up? Why are you so excited?" He couldn't even out his bag on the couch properly as the girl pulled her into the kitchen

"Happy Birthday" she simply said when she finally stopped.

Baekhyun saw Eunji sitting on her east at their dining table, a normal scene but what surprised Baekhyun was the cake in the middle of the table and other food serve.

"Thank's Minji, but hey where'd you get the money to order these?" Baekhyun asked knowing that his cousin don't know how to cook

"Oppa, don't thank me. Because everything in that table was made by Eunji unni" she said, all smiles

"what?!" Baekhyun was extremely surprised

"That's why I'm excited" she explained "I don't know but earlier she just went here and started cooking and even baked a cake for you, just like what she always did before right? Oppa, I can feel that Eunji unni is really getting better" she narrated almost crying because the long awaited is finally happening

Baekhyun walked towards Eunji and hugged her tight, tears are no flowing down his face

"Thank you Eunji, you don't know how much you make this day extra special" 

 


After eating their dinner, Minji went home and Baekhyun cleaned the table. Eunji already went upstairs, getting her self ready for sleep.

Baekhyun couldn't help but smile, even though the whole dinner it was just him and Minji talking and Eunji is still being quiet, he knows that she's listening to their stories. He knows that their hardships are now paying off and soon enough, Eunji will get better. This night made him even more in love with her.

He headed upstairs and take his shower. He went inside their room while drying his hair and saw Eunji on the bed. She's sitting up and is holding something that's put on her lap and looking at it, usually by this time she's already laying down and Baekhyun would lay next to her, singing to her until she falls asleep. 

Confused, Baekhyun sat on the bed beside her, looking at what she's holding

"Eunji-ah, what's that?" he now saw that she's holding a box

"Saeng.." Baekhyun froze as he heard something soft  "il...chuk..ha...." He slowly look back up to her face, to her lips "Ham..nida.." There's a pause every once in a while, Baekhyun couldn't believe what he's hearing 

"Saeng..il... chukha..ham.nida.. sa..ranghaneun...Baek...hyun-ee...saeng il....chukha hamni....da" Her soft voice longed Baekhyun to hear again 

"Eunji-ah"

When she stopped singing, her gaze went up to Baekhyun. She stared at him straight in the eyes.  Baekhyun's tears finally run down again. 

"Oh my God, Eun-ji. Thank you...thank you so much" His words are almost muffled due to his cries, he was just so happy because finally, he heard her voice again

Eunji then slowly pushed the box to him "Is this for me?" He smiled and get the box from her and opened it. 

He thought that he wouldn't be anymore on that day, but he's wrong. Inside the box was a shirt, with the words 'Super Dad' printed. He looked back at Eunji and it's only then when he realized that she's wearing a shirt that says 'Super Mom'. His rears fell harder

"Eunji...thank you" was all that he could say. He hugged her again and unlike earlier and any other time when he hugged her, she hugged him back this time. She hugged him back again after a long time. 

With that, Baekhyun understand. No other words from Eunji was needed, even she didn't say anything about the gift, he already knew what she meant. And Baekhyun was more than thankful for everything.

 


 

[a/n]

 

Ayo!

Remember Minji? No? It's okay ahe.

Anywaaay, who else cried watching Eunji's Hopefully Sky? And cried harder watching Apink's The Wave?

The feels bruh. 

Pandas are so lucky and spoiled 

It feels just like yesterday when I accidentally watched MyMy not knowing that I'll be in too deep in this fandom and now they're celebrating 5 years oh gosh...

But I should shut up now yeah

 

Another chapter yeay, any feedbacks?

Thanks a lot 

Much love ♥