004- This Feeling

La vie en rose

Seokmin swore that whenever he’s around the older, he feels like he’s in cloud nine. The constant laughs that they share, the smiles that were thrown everywhere even in smallest things. He knows that it seems so childish that his happiness comes from a mere interaction with the older, but who can blame him when he’s too blind to see what’s around him.

It’s always like this, the older would ask him to come over his house cause he was bored, an obvious lie, but the younger would practically jump out of his bed and dash towards the elders house, panting, he’ll be knocking three times before a smiling figure would greet him with a hug making his heart flutter. They usually don’t do much, they’ll just stay in the elders room, play a few video games, watch a couple of movies, but most of the time they would cuddle unconsciously and talk for hours until the elders mother would call them down to have snacks.

Parting is the hardest. When Seokmin need to go home, he would not miss the slight regret in the elder’s eyes, the pout that was forming in his mouth and his continuous listing why he should not go home. Seokmin would just pat the elders held and tell him that if he needs anything, just give him a call which earns a but I need you” which would Seokmin dismiss with a laugh but with an undeniable fast beating of his heart. He would place a soft kiss on the top of the elders head before turning his back, heavy footsteps starting to echo the quiet pavement.

It was always like that until the elder mustered his courage to confess.

The blazing sun was glaring at them while they lie down at the elder’s backyard, a refreshing set of watermelon on their side, half consumed. The elder’s parents were out of town, so Seokmin was staying over due to the elders wish which he happily complied.

It was a sudden confession like when Seokmin turned to face the older one, the latter suddenly blurted out

“I like you”

With a blush creeping on his chubby cheeks but eyes are pouring with genuine emotions. Seokmin was speechless at first but snapped out of his trance when he felt a hand caressing his cheeks. The elder’s eyes were now filled with worry which he immediately reassured with a soft smile while leaning forward slowly to connect their lips, starting slow that ended up with a passionate one.

Seokmin couldn’t stop smiling the whole day as they spent it like any other days, cuddling, playing with each other, telling jokes and constant teases from each other.

When their group of friends came over to the elder’s house to celebrate their last day of summer break, they noticed something different with the two which Jihoon gladly broke the announcement that his best friend is already with the man he was dying to get in the past six years. Everyone congratulated them with big hugs and happy smiles, finally they’re together, were also being heard around the small common room.

But the happiness didn’t last that long. They were in a constant fight, a never ending strides of jealousy and misunderstanding. The first few months were fine, their fights were nothing but childish but the following months were getting deeper and deeper. They broke up several times over the course of their first year, earning them a lot of scolding from their friends, constantly nagging them why would want to get back together when they always end up fighting and breaking up after few weeks of getting back.

Their friends were getting tired, Seokmin was exhausted too and so was the older. But they can’t answer the question that their friends throws them, why don’t they just officially break up and move on? It was an unspoken question between the two of them when they’re back together but no one bothered to raise the question because they know they’ll end up fighting and breaking up which became a routine for them that to the point their friends just let them. The couple has a bipolar relationship, that’s how their friends would describe them. This kind of relationship lasted till college till one day there were no more news about them.

Their friends noticed how the two of them started to distance their selves from each other, no news of getting back together and breaking up. It was like a cold war. There was nothing.

That’s why they were genuinely surprised when the two officially announced that Seokmin finally proposed.

Up until now, they couldn’t believe that the couple is now celebrating their seventh wedding anniversary with an announcement of a new family member.

 

 

 


I tried another type of writing style, don't kill me and sorry for taking so much time before updating.
I'm still busy as always cause finals is fast approaching so there's so many paper works. 
Anyways, don't forget to subscribe and comment :)